Tompa's WIP thread

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@@Tompa9 I didn't know you have ported the Force Arena Vader helmet on your own, since I was the one who provided you the ported head with my Rogue One/ANH Vader edition. I may not have account with MovieBattles2 forums, but I still can check what's going on there and got an eye for a long time on most of your work, that has lack of proper credits.

@@Tompa9 I didn't know you have ported the Force Arena Vader helmet on your own, since I was the one who provided you the ported head with my Rogue One/ANH Vader edition. I may not have account with MovieBattles2 forums, but I still can check what's going on there and got an eye for a long time on most of your work, that has lack of proper credits.

I don´t really understand what´s going on? I haven´t released any of Vader´s model...also every work that I release HAS proper credits.

I'm talking about this. Because it's not the first time one of your team causing such misunderstandings.When I do remember not that long ago when you asked me on PM that you want to use my Rogue Vader model for your movie duels mod, so I am just asking did you manage to port it on your own? I don't know which one of you 3 guys are doing this, either you Tech Shaman or Darth Malgas, but most of the times you are making a big misunderstanding. For a fresh example I'll give you the situation couple of day ago, when Tech Shaman asked me for permission to use my first full port of GOH Ahsoka, I said it's ok as long as he ask one other member for his permission as well, since he was the one who helped me fix the weight issues so I can update the model and was also very kind to provide her with backhand animations and port her lightsaber as a usable weapon for Jedi Academy. Few days after his request I noticed, he wrote on Movie Battles 2 that all of the credit was mine (?) When I simply asked him in public over my own WIP thread why and to provide me with reasonable answer, he ignored it but after the other contributor of GOH Ahsoka mentioned the same over Movie Battles 2 forum, he finally changed the credits adding his user name too.
I am not trying to charge anyone with guilt and what not I am not complaining about credits or ports, and I am not trying to act like a whiny little kiddo. But when there is a question for permission request and the author/member who is giving the request is asking you to contact the others that might have contributed in one way or another, I think it's good to ask them too. In this case I was searching over his topic to see if he changed the proper credits for Ahsoka, while I managed to see this from the screen shot below "Force Arena helmet by Tompa9". I hardly believe that you have ported it on your own, since I have provided you with the full ported helmet and mask for another mod "MovieDuels". And since this topic is going on for a long time in the outside of JKHub and seems like no one else is willing to take his steps and say the problem as it is, than I will do it and I don't really care if this will cause someone to ban me from JKHub. There is a big inconvenience going on here at JKHub for really long time and it is causing many great people (not only modelers) to avoid any requests or to release anything new. This is also causing a bit of "rust" effect on the forum, because it was a place of joy and creativeness of people managing to develop their ideas and fan passion into both Star Wars and JKA worlds. That is why many people are complaining for lack of credits or proper ones, leaving the community or don't really bother to share new material in here, that's why it has become more of a "port-o-model" community, because others that are trying to also bring new content and simply can't create or are not advanced with programs such as 3Ds Max, Maya and so on can't create a model from scratch. I personally don't mind and I am not against any kitbashes, full ports, frankensteins but even they are needed to have credits. I may not be the very bright example for this, but at least I am trying my best to get them when possible or at least I'm trying to give credit to the original authors/developers who provided us lately with tones of good new stuff such as the Galaxy of Heroes and Force Arena teams.

At the end.... I may be wrong for all mentioned above and if so I am not the one to give the final judgment for myself, so I am not even going to be mad if anyone ban/block my account. If I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. But if I am not, than I would like to see a brighter day for JKHub and JKA.

msg-1656-0-58165300-1500800142.jpg

k4far, Tompa9 and The Punisher like this

I'm talking about this. Because it's not the first time one of your team causing such misunderstandings.When I do remember not that long ago when you asked me on PM that you want to use my Rogue Vader model for your movie duels mod, so I am just asking did you manage to port it on your own? I don't know which one of you 3 guys are doing this, either you Tech Shaman or Darth Malgas, but most of the times you are making a big misunderstanding. For a fresh example I'll give you the situation couple of day ago, when Tech Shaman asked me for permission to use my first full port of GOH Ahsoka, I said it's ok as long as he ask one other member for his permission as well, since he was the one who helped me fix the weight issues so I can update the model and was also very kind to provide her with backhand animations and port her lightsaber as a usable weapon for Jedi Academy. Few days after his request I noticed, he wrote on Movie Battles 2 that all of the credit was mine (?) When I simply asked him in public over my own WIP thread why and to provide me with reasonable answer, he ignored it but after the other contributor of GOH Ahsoka mentioned the same over Movie Battles 2 forum, he finally changed the credits adding his user name too.

I am not trying to charge anyone with guilt and what not I am not complaining about credits or ports, and I am not trying to act like a whiny little kiddo. But when there is a question for permission request and the author/member who is giving the request is asking you to contact the others that might have contributed in one way or another, I think it's good to ask them too. In this case I was searching over his topic to see if he changed the proper credits for Ahsoka, while I managed to see this from the screen shot below "Force Arena helmet by Tompa9". I hardly believe that you have ported it on your own, since I have provided you with the full ported helmet and mask for another mod "MovieDuels". And since this topic is going on for a long time in the outside of JKHub and seems like no one else is willing to take his steps and say the problem as it is, than I will do it and I don't really care if this will cause someone to ban me from JKHub. There is a big inconvenience going on here at JKHub for really long time and it is causing many great people (not only modelers) to avoid any requests or to release anything new. This is also causing a bit of "rust" effect on the forum, because it was a place of joy and creativeness of people managing to develop their ideas and fan passion into both Star Wars and JKA worlds. That is why many people are complaining for lack of credits or proper ones, leaving the community or don't really bother to share new material in here, that's why it has become more of a "port-o-model" community, because others that are trying to also bring new content and simply can't create or are not advanced with programs such as 3Ds Max, Maya and so on can't create a model from scratch. I personally don't mind and I am not against any kitbashes, full ports, frankensteins but even they are needed to have credits. I may not be the very bright example for this, but at least I am trying my best to get them when possible or at least I'm trying to give credit to the original authors/developers who provided us lately with tones of good new stuff such as the Galaxy of Heroes and Force Arena teams.

At the end.... I may be wrong for all mentioned above and if so I am not the one to give the final judgment for myself, so I am not even going to be mad if anyone ban/block my account. If I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. But if I am not, than I would like to see a brighter day for JKHub and JKA.

msg-1656-0-58165300-1500800142.jpg

Okey :D So lets be clear. I fully understand on what are you pointing there. In my begginings 1 year ago I had some troubles because of credits but after time and some experience I have learned from it and now my credits are OK. This is just misunderstanding. @ is in Movie Duels II remastered team and he has access to our latest files so he has accidentaly thought that I have kitbashed that Vader´s helmet because I´ve added it there. I haven´t even know until today that it is this version in his pack. I hope he could solve it somehow with you. I understand that we can use it in MD2 but not in his pack. So I hope everything would be corrected soon. I´m not the culprict there :D

k4far likes this

At the end.... I may be wrong for all mentioned above and if so I am not the one to give the final judgment for myself, so I am not even going to be mad if anyone ban/block my account. If I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. But if I am not, than I would like to see a brighter day for JKHub and JKA.msg-1656-0-58165300-1500800142.jpg

We do not gain anything by not praising those who put their effort and time for us. Please, believe it was not intentional.

Shaman and Tompa are actively providing us with a ton of stuff from Force Arena, some GoH stuff too.

If the Author is willing to give permission to use his work and is asking to contact his fellow Contributors to get them to agree it must be done, no doubt.

These guys have no bad intentions behind their actions, never had. Discrediting others is below them. I have been helping Shaman and Tompa for a while. I know of a certain internal issue bothering the guy and that might be putting a lot of stress of him lately. Shaman has been accused falsely of TK'ing people on a public server and Administrators of Official Servers found out someone was faking him. He would not know someone is creating him a bad fame like if not for me telling him and letting him clear it up himself.

I would like to apologize to You for now. I will contact him immediately.

I take it as a misunderstanding, I have also dealing with a person who was pretending to be me on ModDb where I also don't have account until nowadays and still don't think to make one. My point was clear, if there are contributors for one model, they should also ask for their permissions, (no matter if it's kitbash, frankenstein, full port, half port, made from scratch).

TheWhitePhoenix and k4far like this
  • 4 weeks later...

During little break from MD2R I´ve tried to offer community new Revan model. There are few darkside models but no proper model of him during his days as Jedi Knight. This model is from time of Mandalorian wars when he was leader of "Revanchists". I´ve taken inspiration from some pictures on wookipedia and created this. I hope you´ll like it.

zkqqF6v.png

krkarr, Delmi, Dark_Reaper and 5 others like this

During little break from MD2R I´ve tried to offer community new Revan model. There are few darkside models but no proper model of him during his days as Jedi Knight. This model is from time of Mandalorian wars when he was leader of "Revanchists". I´ve taken inspiration from some pictures on wookipedia and created this. I hope you´ll like it.

zkqqF6v.png

Doesn't look like the robes he wore during the Mandalorian Wars at all. If you remove the mask it looks like a generic Jedi.

the_raven likes this