Armored Darth Krayt

I can't really speak for modelers here, but a lot of them are busy with their own projects and would likely tell you to model Darth Krayt yourself. I would like this armor as well. Seems really intricate. It would probably be a pain to model.

Seems really intricate. It would probably be a pain to model.

Yeah, those are big turn offs for potential modellers and texturers. When I tried to learn modelling, I managed to make a lightsaber hilt (nothing fancy, but good enough for a first try), but skinning it gave me a headache. When I look at some of the models, not just characters, and not just for JKA, I can only wonder how they're made, when they have all those intricate patterns and other decorations. I doubt a newbie modeller could pull-off Krayt's iconic armour. A simple armour maybe, but nothing as fancy as the iconic piece.

• 2 weeks later...

If the model would be somewhere available to download, it would be possible to modify it. But as this is just an image, there is no way to edit or "finish" it.

The only one who could do that is the creator of the model.

And here's the thing: I found this image on the ZBrushCentral forum - in a topic from 10 years ago! Since then, no more images have been posted.

I doubt that the author can be contacted easily. And who knows if he still has that model.

However, it is possible to use the image as a reference image for either a kitbash or an original model.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/15/2019 at 10:43 PM, ShenLong Kazama said:

Until the thread gets locked that is. :ph34r:

To be honest, I think that this would be a good decision. In this topic, there is no discussion at all anymore. On the other hand, it could be worse, as there is no violent trolling or anything.

@Dart Vader, I can fully understand that you want this model. But you really should stop asking for "Any news?" or post random pictures here, as this ain't going to help at all. You must understand that projects like this one are easier requested than they are made. If it would be so easy to create a model just by uploading images of a certain character, this one would have been already finished.You must also keep in mind that projects like this one are done by people. It's all up to them to decide if they want to work on this model or not. And even if they do, there is no guarantee that they will constantly work on it. Some here have other projects they are working on, and many here have a life outside of this community (both personally and professionally). Please respect that

Jeff, Odeyseis and Circa like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

For years I have waited for an accurate version of Darth Krayt in his armor to be brought into JKA, I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and make it happen. I know this thread is old, but I figured I would bring it back to life for those who have been hoping one day this request would be fulfilled. This is still a work in progress, but once it's finished I will post the download link my thread. The Sith shall rule again.
spacer.png

exarsenpai12, Lancelot and Teancum like this