WzMap - The Enhanced Q3MAP2 alternative.

We could sure use a mapper :). God knows i'm not one, yet i'm doing all our maps.

Thanks. But yea I'd love to help once this is done. Alright so a quick question, maybe I'm just an idiot and have been spoiled by the old q3map2gui by norman, but uhm when I run my .bat file to compile using wzmap.exe it runs fine except it all ends up timing out because it can't find any of my textures or shaders.

I never was an expert at .bat files... But here is what mine is...

"C:\Users\Lil One\Documents\WZMap\wzmap.exe" -meta -v "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps\JH3-TE.map"

"C:\Users\Lil One\Documents\WZMap\wzmap.exe" -vis -v "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps\JH3-TE.map"

"C:\Users\Lil One\Documents\WZMap\wzmap.exe" -light -fast -patchshadows -samples 3 -bounce 8 -v "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps\JH3-TE.map"

Bassicaly as I fail at bats how do I tell it "hey dipshit here is his base folder so you can read the textures and shaders"... XD

So a small update on this situation. I managed to use Normans Q3map2GUI and your WZmap.exe together to compile and get past the missing shaders and textures etc however WzMap.exe crashes when it gets to fix brush faces stage no matter which map I compile. Bassically I'm sure this works swimmingly, just need some help trouble shooting it a bit.

So a small update on this situation. I managed to use Normans Q3map2GUI and your WZmap.exe together to compile and get past the missing shaders and textures etc however WzMap.exe crashes when it gets to fix brush faces stage no matter which map I compile. Bassically I'm sure this works swimmingly, just need some help trouble shooting it a bit.

Does is give any error in the window, or does the program crash completely?

I will be in #warzone on discord for a while if you want to chat there. It would make things faster to get it fixed :)

Gf is passed out next to me in the recliner and we don't have a head set atm. XD Other wise I'd be on there atm. It's all going great until any of the maps hit fixbrushfaces then a windows "window" pops up Meh fuck it... here is what is shows  SCREENSHOT Ftw? gcxwGGW.jpg

Smoo likes this

Gf is passed out next to me in the recliner and we don't have a head set atm. XD Other wise I'd be on there atm. It's all going great until any of the maps hit fixbrushfaces then a windows "window" pops up Meh fuck it... here is what is shows  SCREENSHOT Ftw?

Hmm thats definately an app crash. I might need to debug it to work out what's happening. Any chance you could send me the .map file?

You don't need sound to use discord, I just use text chat. If you want to join, just mute your sound.

• 1 year later...

@@UniqueOne i was searching a big open world terrain or some way for make some kind of RPG \ space dogfight fighter battle on JKA engine and AshuraDX linked me to warzone. i'm working about two project: a legacy of kain mod conversion of JKA and another project more personal about a science fiction saga of my creation. the problem is: for heal and illness and photosensibility problem i am stuck to use an old Windows XP SP3. your q3map2 alternative can run in a system like mine? i have also a 32 bit machine, not 64 bit.

if is not, is possible to make a build compatible with my case? :\ many thanks for every answer.

i love JKA but i ever going mad about the fool graphic limitation of MD3 , no do more of 1000 vertexes models, bad autocollision of models created by q3map2 on solid spawnflag that make the map insanely loud and with fps drops and also i hate to become crazy to manually clip static meshes. warzone can resolve all this problem for what i see and can open an entire modding universe with high poly stuff, right? so... ehm... any possibility i could use too with my old computer?

(recently, i also discover how to do map area workable on JKA with not big problems using 3DS and OBJ format instead of MD3, also if md3 still again a good friends of mappers.)

Smoo likes this

@@UniqueOne i was searching a big open world terrain or some way for make some kind of RPG \ space dogfight fighter battle on JKA engine and AshuraDX linked me to warzone. i'm working about two project: a legacy of kain mod conversion of JKA and another project more personal about a science fiction saga of my creation. the problem is: for heal and illness and photosensibility problem i am stuck to use an old Windows XP SP3. your q3map2 alternative can run in a system like mine? i have also a 32 bit machine, not 64 bit.

if is not, is possible to make a build compatible with my case? :\ many thanks for every answer.

i love JKA but i ever going mad about the fool graphic limitation of MD3 , no do more of 1000 vertexes models, bad autocollision of models created by q3map2 on solid spawnflag that make the map insanely loud and with fps drops and also i hate to become crazy to manually clip static meshes. warzone can resolve all this problem for what i see and can open an entire modding universe with high poly stuff, right? so... ehm... any possibility i could use too with my old computer?

(recently, i also discover how to do map area workable on JKA with not big problems using 3DS and OBJ format instead of MD3, also if md3 still again a good friends of mappers.)

Unfortunately for the increased limits, WzMap requires more then 3.4gb of ram, so 64bit is required. It really requires about 8gb usable memory for a basic map or 12-ish gb to use the procedural systems (adding trees/rocks/buildings/whatever). The maps will run in game on 32bit though, it just needs that memory while generating. Could you maybe get access to another computer via teamviewer or something for compiling?