Single Player with Mulitplayer combat and movement

Hello!

As title says! I want to try JKA single for the first time ever but I hate Jedi Knight's singleplayer movement and combat. Is there any mod or console command to make singleplayer's movement and combat just like it is in multiplayer? 

Why would you want to get that? SP's animations and mechanics are far superior than those in MP, e.g. notice when saber deflects blaster bolts or bounces out from another saber's hit... none of these are present in MP and suffice to say in MP blaster deflection animation is like one second frame no matter what stance, direction or player movement. Makes me wanna puke at its mediocrity, while in SP all movements and animations look fluent and interesting (seem more real).

SP movement and combat is horrible

I disagree man. Just look at the saber on and offf animations. In MP it is another one milisecond frame ugly anim, while in SP the character makes that fancy hilt rolling animation. 

If you feel SP movement, combat and responisveness are horrible I guess I'm in the wrong section of this forum. Let me guess. Your favourite style is single saber red style and jumping every possible moment? Well yeah, no wonder you all gloat over those MP exploits. It's a shame it has comletely nothing to do with Star Wars. The situation got even worse after the discovery of JA+ mod. It brought more bugs, more exploits, more ridiculousness and even more mediocrity.

JKA lightsaber combat was (still is) praised not because of multiplayer but of singleplayer. The only point worth mentioning in multiplayer is the Siege mode - playing it is always a blast (a pity its now dead, mostly).

For one thing I would rather see the opposite: bring all that cool animation and saber combat techniques to MP. Of course I understand that they had to dumb MP mechanics down, 'cos of some potential lag issues - issues that could be probably non-existant nowadays. Most people sit on super fast fibre optic connections.

This is completely wrong, except for the part about ja+. The only reason why people are still playing this game after all these years is the multiplayer. Most people would agree that the singleplayer of Jedi Academy is pretty bad, including the story, the characters and the gameplay. But believe what you want.

eezstreet, Circa and Mand'alor like this

That escalated quickly.

I used to think just like you, zOrg, until I actually started playing MP. Now every time I go back to SP, I came to realize that I was wrong, after playing MP for a few years. MP movement is much more responsive and smooth.

Also, labeling fundamentals in a game as "exploits" is a bit childish. Sure, there are some things about the game that weren't intended as being things, but people that strive to be good at a game have to take those into consideration. Once you learn how to do some of those things, it's not too bad. In fact, it makes it feel more like Star Wars to me, because of the training and practice required to actually get really good at the game. That's why clans thrive in this game, because of the Padawan-Master relationship it can provide.

Smoo likes this

sp and mp combat have their differences, but mp is not bad, in fact, its a bit better than sp, except custom animations are not supported by mp, just my opinion, but this is really getting a bit off-topic with opinions on whether sp or mp has the better combat

I'd love to do an SP speedrun with MP movement

Someone of jacoders actually did that

Old times + info, but here

Unfortunately..

There is so much different with SP/MP movement, it's not simply enabling/disabling the velocity halving on landing.

afi likes this

I like the slower movement speed of sp. Heck I slowed it down with g_speed 200. Makes the duels feel tighter and more confrontational.

I dislike the running around while skirting outside of attack distance in mp. From what I've seen in vids. It just doesn't look like a fight, it looks more like kids running around and occasionally getting close to each other to take a swing.  

Thanks for your advices!  :)

It might help that you can use the command g_speed # to change the running speed. The default is 250 and I use 200 to slow the combat down. I also have a key bound to switch to 400 for when I want to run across a large map with Jedi Speed. 

So I have:
bind n g_speed 200

bind m g_speed 400

I also have a key bound already to enable cheats and such so I start at 200. 

bind - "helpusobi 1; g_speed 200; g_saberanimspeed 1.1"

There are a couple of more commands too, but I forget what they are :P

That is not true, because the SP and MP in JA are too similar for one to be horrible and the other not. I prefer SP movement and combat by the reason that I prefer to explore and fight through a story and not pointless fighting.

I prefer the same, honestly. SP just feels more like natural movement.

the_raven likes this