Post your desktop

how do I post a pic from my computer on here? :huh:

There should be a shortcut on your keyboard.

"Prt Scr". Once you hit it, it'll save a screenshot somewhere on your computer. If you have windows 10, it'll save in your OneDrive folder. Upload the screenshot and share :).

Speaking of which..

RdNtW4U.png

j5mBp6y.pngIt cycles between several SWBF Hoth images, cover art of the original SWBFs, Wizard/Pirate101 stuff and Rogue One Images. I change out the theme and backgrounds seasonally.I have too many games to fit here so I have shortcuts to folders with shortcuts of all my games, and some those shortcuts lead to another folder of shortcuts for different mods and SMs and stuff, like this:

1ZHseOw.png

Smoo likes this
  • 1 month later...

Guess it's time for an update...

My workstation:

HyevZI9.png

My gaming partition (hasn't changed much, only a few new games added):

YsbVI9E.jpg

(The taskbar autohides -- I only use it for accessing saves and settings.)

Where's the first image from?

Nope. :D Look closely in the bottom right corner. It's an XP theme on Windows... 7?

People shoulda just took the win10 update, you can turn off all the monitoring for privacy when you set it up. It's good to be modern because soon 7 is going to take the path of XP, EOL is coming up soon and then it'll be a virus fest like XP.

Circa likes this

Where's the first image from?

Same computer, running the Debian (Jessie) OS (Linux) with a personally customised Gnome desktop environment. I have a Windows and Linux dual boot setup.

Or, if you are referring to the background image, it's promotional concept art from Ori and the Blind Forest -- the next game I'll be playing. :)

It's good to be modern because soon 7 is going to take the path of XP, EOL is coming up soon and then it'll be a virus fest like XP.

Windows is always a virus fest if you look at it that way... :P Everyone should switch to Linux, then. No EOL, and no virus fest. :D

Nothing works on Linux, I need my software to install and work, I don't want to spend 80% of my time configuring an OS.

You'd rather spend most of your time waiting for Windows to do what it needs to do, updating your system regularly, and dealing with changes and broken things with each update? Hmm... I question the wisdom in that. Not sure what experiences you've had with Linux (and how long ago), but, with Debian, I've set up my system once to my liking, and it needs absolutely no work of any kind since that day. No updates, no configuration, no naggers, and no delays at all -- it stays as I customised it, stable, and helps me get my work done efficiently.

Also, installing, and uninstalling software is easier on Linux than on Windows. The software selection is also better -- there are more quality software that are designed by people who actively use them, as opposed to designed for commercial gain. But, of course, you won't find Windows software for Linux, just as you won't find Linux software for Windows. They are different operating systems with their own solutions and software for the same tasks.

The statement "nothing works on Linux" is simply not true. Everything works on Linux that is designed for Linux -- and it works beautifully. I've replaced my entire workflow of programs/applications from both Mac and Windows with Linux apps that work better than the original software I was using. The only exception to this are professional suite applications that you are intimately used to working with, such as Adobe Photoshop. There's no version of those for Linux, but I am running Photoshop in a Windows XP virtualbox, and it runs like a breeze. Otherwise there's Linux alternatives such as GIMP and Inkscape to get the same work done.

You can say "I don't have the time to learn how to use new software", and that's fair enough, but it's not fair to say "nothing works" on Linux -- that's as far from the truth as it can be.

Softimage Mod Tool and ZBrush don't work on Linux...

I have my entire JK modding suite of apps running sandboxed in a Windows XP virtualbox (but you need at least 5GB of RAM). Used it to produce the Ahsoka character model from start to finish, and moved the same virtualbox from Mac to Linux (without any need for tinkering of any sort) when I moved computers. The entire setup just migrated over with a simple file copy-paste.

Smoo likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...