Post your desktop

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mac OS X:
I use this laptop for general fun/work/business. I've been a long-time Mac user.

mac.png

Fedora:
My hide-away for inspiration and writing.

fedora.png

The convenient thing with Gnome 3 is that you don't have icon clutter because there is no traditional desktop (unless you activate it deep in settings). The search in Gnome 3 is awesome! You can find anything on your computer easily, so there's no need to clutter things on the desktop. I keep most of my things in folders in the file browser.

Don't worry though, I assure you, I'm quite strange! XD

Darth Sion likes this

@ i not see the link of mac desktop.

Really? It shows fine on this end. Both are linked from the same source...

what kind of OS is fedora? it's first time i see that. O.o

Nice thing the files index of your OS, very useful. Windows miss that. Strongly :S

I'll be a good Linux user and point you the right way ;) :

http://fedoraproject.org/en_GB/get-fedora

I love it. When my MacBook dies, I'll replace it with another laptop running Fedora. ^_^

Asgarath83 likes this

On the first spoiler i see only mac.png O.o strange.

lol, in pass i tried to install linux on the secondary HD of my computer... rotfl... crashing all, also boot of C: . "never more linux" i told my self, but sure is for some big error of configuration of the bios and my abyssal ignorance. : \

Fedora is about as easy to install as Ubuntu. What distro have you tried to install? Some Linux distros are not meant for beginners, and you really need to know what you're doing. For example, Arch Linux is definitely not meant for a beginner. Great system, but not for beginners.

However, I should probably mention that pretty much all Linux distros require a bit of command line knowledge for you to get the most out of them.

PM me if you're having trouble, and I'll try to walk you through it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...