Post your desktop

Looks like the old thread may have disappeared (back before JKH was released), so, here's a new one.

I cleaned up my desktop back then, here's what happened over a month:

Cleaned:

desktop2.png

Month later:

desktop3.png

You can thank windows for randomly moving around my icons when I didn't ask it to do so ._.

The mass of programs is just me being a terrible, terrible person.

Uhm... I've moved from vs2010 to vs2012 recently and as VS2012 doesnt natively support XNA, I still use VS2010. As for Visual Studio 2008, that I have to use to build my MB builds, to work for more people since there are many with older VS Redistributables.

How can one work without any programs/folders on the desktop? My desktop is full of them

You are correct, that's what desktops are for. But pretty much everyone likes to keep theirs clean. I use my PC mostly for gaming and Internet stuff, so I really only need Chrome, which is pinned to my taskbar, and Steam, access to which I store with shortcuts to other useful software, like iTunes, in Libraries, which are easily reachable via the taskbar.

kG64y.jpg

To be perfectly honest, whenever I used to put folders and other files on my desktop, later on, I could never find them without taking atleast half an hour. SO I decided to better organize things, and ended up only having the Recycle Bin and My Computer THINGIES!

EDIT: YES IT WORKS NOW! Thanks Caelum. That was an adventure...

I never really use my desktop, except to start a couple of programs and dump some random files on. Always hated the clutter. I've intended to make it completely clean for a while, so this was a good excuse.

I've also had a Diablo 3 wallpaper since it was first confirmed, time to move on from that too. I forgot to take a before pic, but here's what I've got now:

desktop.png

I've also reached my limit when it comes to being limited to max 1360x768 resolution, so I'm gonna go order those 2 new screens I've been looking at for some months. My current one is a 32 inch TV anyways, it has never been optimal for use with the PC.