Updated EULA Regarding Porting Content

So does this mean I can go ahead and port Kreia, Nihilus and Scion over and release them? I just want a solid yes or no, either way I'm porting them anyway even if they aren't allowed here. No one has taken the time to make good models of them and I don't have the time to do it from scratch.

So does this mean I can go ahead and port Kreia, Nihilus and Scion over and release them? I just want a solid yes or no, either way I'm porting them anyway even if they aren't allowed here. No one has taken the time to make good models of them and I don't have the time to do it from scratch.

hold on, i swear on gamefront, there was ported kotor 2 models, and all 3 sith of what you mentioned are included as well

If this is so, I wouldn't mind the models with the Kotor 1 and 2 Jedi Robes. Which includes both Kotor 2 variants. And if I recall there is a good attempt at Kreia and Visas in Movie Battles, but that's it.

No one here is a lawyer (at least as far as I know) so we can't give you a "solid" yes or no, but the general consensus so far seems to be that that would be okay, but there aren't any prior cases to judge what Disney would do.  Wanna be our guinea pig?

JKG Developer

They sucked so badly, the person who ported them did the most horrible, amateurish job possible. The weights were what was so bad about them.

I'll submit them if the staff allows it.

hint: files get deleted if they're 100% ported, if you modify it, ex. someone put a atton head on a male jaden body, it would be approved

eezstreet likes this

The answer is (and has been for quite some time): If you can't call it your own work, it doesn't belong here. In your case I'd think that's a No.

Feel free to provide public links, but it won't be hosted here unless you do something to make it your own (such as making textures, etc)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 4 months later...

Er, well, I can't get an MDL decompiler for HL2 that I found to work so I can't go forward with this unless someone with 3DS Max and the scripts that it has to import MDL files will convert the models for me.

You need to use MDLOps.  It converts binary MDL-MDX combo files to ASCII MDL files, which you can then use NWMax to import into 3ds Max.

I'm using Softimage, not 3ds Max and I'm not really looking to install it just to port some models over for some fans even though I do want a couple for myself but not that badly.

If someone with 3ds Max wants to convert the models and send them to me in like 3DS or OBJ format I'll take that and go with it.

I'm using Softimage, not 3ds Max and I'm not really looking to install it just to port some models over for some fans even though I do want a couple for myself but not that badly.

If someone with 3ds Max wants to convert the models and send them to me in like 3DS or OBJ format I'll take that and go with it.

how about using noesis