What drives you.

I just love the freedom we have. We can pretty much make whatever we want and incorporate it into the game in some form or another. At the moment, I stick to role-playing, though I've spent a fair bit of time recently getting to know GTKRadiant better, too. All that and I really just enjoy the game-play of the series. :P

I'm replaying through JK1 at the moment for nostalgia's sake.

Well actually I'm completely inactive, but when I play it's because of the ESL. The last time I played JKA without doing an ESL match must be ages ago. And MBII, but I didn't play that too often in the last 6 months.

And I like the modding in this game.

I have different things for my mod that I want to complete, and some that I want to add.

One thing I'd really like to try is to add my bachelor thesis to JKA:

cutdemo1_66.png

cutdemo1_67.png

Would be a cool addition to JKA to see people/objects realistically cut to pieces.

On the gaming side, part nostalgia and part continual discoveries in the game.

JKA is pretty much the first video game I have played "seriously" and I have been playing it since I was a wee little lad. There is also a lot of innovation going on in regards to the modders and their work and I have developed an appreciation for those who have taken time to study the code, do coding, and make everything work out. Plus after sticking with certain mods/gametypes for so long, it's fun to explore outside of the norm and see what happens.

On the social side, helping out my clan and pushing it forward, doing what I can to make things happen. JKHub is pretty cool too. :)

JKA has also been a gateway into discovering other games through people I meet and make friends with. JKA can actually be quite the social experience compared to other games.

JKA has also been a gateway into discovering other games through people I meet and make friends with. JKA can actually be quite the social experience compared to other games.

I met most of my current friends through JKA, including my husband. It's a good community. A unique one, I think.

Apollo likes this

I met most of my current friends through JKA, including my husband. It's a good community. A unique one, I think.

I think jka's community is full of idiots and trolls. Well, at least the base and MBII community.

It's far better in games like Tribes or Shootmania

Complex? Modern architecture is complex? Well, we can't duplicate the Pyramids, my friends, and this is like 5 thousand years after they were built. I mean, we can't do it even with the best equipment, people and technology... or so I was told. And I agree with this idea. And it's not just the Pyramids. Stonehenge, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (no one is 100% sure they even existed, besides a book written by a Greek traveler), the Colossus of Rhodes and many more. We can't create those nowadays, imagine how they did it then.

On second thought, don't imagine... p.o

JEDI, really. I want to help keep the clan going, and others, like my padawan, count on me to be there to help further along their experience. So I stick with it.

Like Azatha, I'm one of the more recent generation of members in the clan though. I don't know where I'd be in the Jedi Knight community without ::JEDI:: and the members there. The RP is bloody awesome, very high quality in most of it and the support and friendly atmosphere is a big plus!

Complex? Modern architecture is complex? Well, we can't duplicate the Pyramids, my friends, and this is like 5 thousand years after they were built. I mean, we can't do it even with the best equipment, people and technology... or so I was told. And I agree with this idea. And it's not just the Pyramids. Stonehenge, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (no one is 100% sure they even existed, besides a book written by a Greek traveler), the Colossus of Rhodes and many more. We can't create those nowadays, imagine how they did it then.

On second thought, don't imagine... p.o

Not architecture as in houses. Architecture as in engines.

I want the freedom to pick whatever libraries I want, without a vast amount of obscurity in code because of all the extra crap tacked on that I'll probably never use or probably use something else for (Scaleform/Kismet, I'm looking at you).

Besides. I like modding JA, even if I have disputes within the community or there's engine restrictions. I am just super familiar with the setup. I do feel like I am going to migrate at some point, but I might have my hooks in this community for a while.

Think lot of the responses are what I imagined they were gonna be. Good to see positive mentality is still going. Break JK games to learn how it works and see if you can make it better or into something you love. :P

Despite negative qualities each game has taken on to the general population(0-10, whose the best at base JA sabering, etc) I think theres still a LOT of potential. Think those senseless arguments one game in the series is better than another are, well, stupid. Along with those stupid arguments who has a bigger score(scarey and sad that even in Dark Forces 2 there is STILL people debating who was best gunner or saberist or forcer back in like 2000).

If we didn't have Dark Forces 2 we wouldn't of had Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast. We didn't have Jedi Outcast to build Jedi Academy off of we wouldn't of had new saber styles or less limitations(such as the entity limit in Jedi Outcast). Each game improved but in some way lost some things. I think Jedi Knight 1 had the best live action cutscenes. Jedi Outcast had a good blend between guns and sabers even with tweaking the quake 3 guns. While Jedi Academy kinda built the saber system more in a sense.

I hope JK Hub in a sense reinvigorates the Jedi Knight in general.

This calls for a song that fits Jedi Knight series perfectly. Now if only there was a Kyle model with an afro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

Well...I suppose it's just because I love modding it so much. I can't say I'm actually super fond of the game itself, but I've had a helluva time modding it. Adding tons of new options to the character creator, making crappy maps that I'll probably never release, playing around with the stupid AI, animations, ect. That and, JO and JA still have the best lightsaber combat system in a Star Wars game, to date. I also like how so much JKA modding can be done without special tools. Just messing around in folders and text files and such. I've thought about switching over to a more modern game, like Crysis or a Source game, but Crysis looked like a nightmare to mod, and Source...Well, I've got many reasons for that, but I'd rather not go on a rant(But I do love the Source Engine) :P

That and, with modding a game from 2003, the bar is lower, so I can actually make passable skins and maps sometimes. So yeah, I guess I just like it because it's simple to mod.

therfiles likes this

Started in 03 and havn't stopped since. Its a good game, its free to play, endless Mods to use and try. Always someone new to meet everyday and above all Ill play untill it dies, thanks to Steam it sorta grew back.

-Good old days were fun, now it is all just silly fun and amusment.