OJP's level of blocking?

Guest Redemption

Guest Redemption

I really like OJP and it's many features but, I'm finding it hard to emulate it's blocking system. I would like to add the blocking system from 1.3 to Outcast sp. Will someone who knows about OJP point me in the right direction. The blocking in this mod (OJP) is brilliant and makes saber-to-saber combat much more enjoyable and longer.

So far I've got sabertracesaberfirst 1 and parrydebounce set to 1 at rank 3 to make it a bit better, but no where near the degree of OJP. What bit of code do I need to edit? Please help :)

Kind Regards

Guest Redemption

Thanks for the pointers :-) Yeah I've already seen the stuff in there, the problem is me understanding what the heck I'm looking at and then trying to get it to work in SP. Have you got anymore plans for Open Jedi Project?

Guest Redemption

What the difference between OpenJK and OJP, has got nothing to do with my admission. You shouldn't presume so much... pal. I asked that anyone in the know about OJP respond, so when Raz0r did, I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

if you don't know what you are doing here and you want to alter the sp code for outcast to have ojp saber system you will get stuck really fast.

outcast don't use the same codes as OJP does. first of SP is done in C++ and OJP mp or Jka mp is done in C. you will end up get a really big mess out of it.

SP is combind with codes for both saber system stuff and force powers. but give it a try learn from each mistakes you do with it each time.

What the difference between OpenJK and OJP, has got nothing to do with my admission. You shouldn't presume so much... pal. I asked that anyone in the know about OJP respond, so when Raz0r did, I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

It's a common misconception, no need to get defensive. I don't think he was saying it only directly to you, but for future readers of this thread as well.
Shape Zed likes this

I really like OJP and it's many features but, I'm finding it hard to emulate it's blocking system. I would like to add the blocking system from 1.3 to Outcast sp. Will someone who knows about OJP point me in the right direction. The blocking in this mod (OJP) is brilliant and makes saber-to-saber combat much more enjoyable and longer.

So far I've got sabertracesaberfirst 1 and parrydebounce set to 1 at rank 3 to make it a bit better, but no where near the degree of OJP. What bit of code do I need to edit? Please help :)

Kind Regards

Have you tried this ? the sp combat is much improved and reminds me of ojp combat blocking. http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenitysabersystems/downloads/serenityjediengine2016

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't even seem to get that to work. I wasn't sure if I installed it wrong or what... It crashed before I ever got it to load a map. Maybe someone could help me with that?

They are working on a new version,Using an updated version of the code that Serenity Released 2 years ago.

That's because it IS OJP's saber combat with very minor tweaks

Ive seen the code for this and its nothing like the ojp code.If anything it has about 25% of the ojp code in mp ,but Sp code is radically different from MP and it would be impossible to convert the single player code to OJP mp code.SP code is far more complicated and detailed than mp code.In fact i know the only thing from ojp is the saber trace structure framework.And it has been massively improved on since the ojp code was released like 8 years ago.

Its a massive understatement to say that this is ojp with very minor tweeks.It is actually sp code converted and added to mp .Try putting the sp code in mp and see how far you get.Just a look at both codes will show you how unbelivebly different the 2 are from each other.

Way back when EoC1 came out.it was a modded version of ojp yes.But nothing like it now.