Jedi Knight 2 Enhanced: List of TODO

The DEMP2 would be good, seeing as how nobody has ever tried to remake that to my knowledge. That, or the rocket launcher. I know you also made an E-11 at one point, didn't you? We could probably use that with some nice PBR shaders.

He did two E-11, apparently.

Though there's also Rooxon's E-11, which looks extremely accurate, except for the size.

Maksman and Smoo like this

Story-critical NPCs (Jan, Lando, Luke) should just be invulnerable in general.

Also Tavion shouldn't die if you do too much damage to her, the game should cut to black before it shows her dying. That's a minor gripe I've had.

Wouldn't that allow the player to sit back and watch as the undying NPCs kill every enemy?

Wouldn't that allow the player to sit back and watch as the undying NPCs kill every enemy?

One solution might be to spawn more NPCs every time the friendly AI kills something, so the player is forced to kill a certain amount. But that feels cheap.

The DEMP2 would be good, seeing as how nobody has ever tried to remake that to my knowledge. That, or the rocket launcher. I know you also made an E-11 at one point, didn't you? We could probably use that with some nice PBR shaders.

The DEMP 2 it is then. Forget about my ancient E-11, it's horrible from my current standpoint :P

SomaZ likes this

Would it be possible to aquire a list of nearby standing enemies when you die? Make that list (maybe 3 to 5) and give a random delay and have them all taunt you uniquely, not only your killer? That'd be gread for immersion. Especially with the hilarious lines of the Stormtroopers from JK2

How come "JK: Enhanced" for JKA, isn't getting any love? :huh:

I'm assuming because Jk2 rarely gets anymore love in the first place. That, and isn't JK: Enhanced much further along in development than this project? I'm not sure, as I've never used it. (I'll get around to that eventually - it looks pretty fun)

Honestly, I'm still surprised this project is even a thing. I've been modding JK2 for years and collected mods from all sorts of places, from JK2files to more obscure clan websites, and never would I have expected a project on this scale ever ocurring. Sure, there have been overly-ambitious projects for JK2 in the past, like that Moddb remake that's essentially in limbo, but this is the first BIG single-player project that's made actual progress. First JK2MV and now this, it's so nice to see JK2 getting so much love in the past few years. By the time JK2 reached it's tenth anniversary, I had assumed the modding community for the game was nearly dead. Glad to see that's obviously not the case.

Even from the first alpha build, I'm very impressed with the progress this mod has achieved, and I'm eagerly anticipating the 2nd build's release. There are plenty of good skins and models to use for the characters you intend to modify. Desann's got plenty of excellent skins, although I'm not sure what plans you have for him. I thought the model of him with the cape in the JK2 movie was pretty cool. Also, I'd recommend Rooxon's E-11 be ported to JK2 for this project; It's an excellent model, although I don't know if you want to make another model from scratch.

How come "JK: Enhanced" for JKA, isn't getting any love? :huh:

It is, and they are in fact built upon the same platform (EDP). However redsaurus is the one who develops the JKA portion of the mod and I develop the JK2 portion. We're just active at different times of the year, which is why you mostly see JK2 related stuff now. I would even argue that the JKA portion is much farther along and feature-rich than the JK2 part.

It is, and they are in fact built upon the same platform (EDP). However redsaurus is the one who develops the JKA portion of the mod and I develop the JK2 portion. We're just active at different times of the year, which is why you mostly see JK2 related stuff now. I would even argue that the JKA portion is much farther along and feature-rich than the JK2 part.

Hmm.. Makes sense. I guess if 'JK Enhanced' had 2 completely different teams, instead of just the 1.. It'd delay things even further. But the fact that both projects are part of the same team, with just different departments working on each.. At least that way, it keeps the 'JK Enhanced' "project" alive, in some form.

• 3 weeks later...

Just figured I'd let you know, I believe that CFG files have no impact on this mod's version of OpenJK, and the Force Powers sometimes are screwed up when loaded. I believe the force problems occur in maps that don't have a pre-set force power loadout and use the standard set (mix of lvl 1 and lvl 2 force powers). This means that the campaign has no trouble when it comes to using force powers, but multiplayer maps and some custom singleplayer maps are screwed up. Here are some of the problems:

When I die and reload the original save, all of my force powers will be gone except for Force Jump and saber offense, although they're still not listed as a usable force power. Quick saving usually doesn't have this problem thankfully, but I'll still start off with a really spastic force ammo counter.

When using the console to add a force power or using a bind to add a force power, the force bar will appear, but it will start flashing rapidly in an abnormal manner. I'm assuming that's because the player starts out with 999 force ammo to start off with. It takes forever to reset (a minute with just lvl 3 lightning spammed and about half a minute with both lightning and saber throw). Picking up force crystals does nothing.

The "give force" command almost always fixes this by resetting the force ammo down to 100 again, but for some reason that command also fills up the players inventory just like the "give all" command would. I really don't like having my inventory filled with useless items I didn't collect and being filled to the brim with keys, so I don't like using this command anymore. Was this an intentional change?

Any other issues are minimal and I was able to fix them. Do these force issues have to do with your weapons file? It's not a normal cfg file and you have a different layout than the original one. Even though the some of the additional weapons you included aren't used in the game yet (like the concussion rifle), I still can't tamper or remove it without the game crashing on me.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey I hate to be that guy who keeps pestering about whether or not a mod is being worked on... but is it? I imagine you have several other projects to do but I'm just curious.

I would like to know that either. I was really excited when Alpha was released but I would like to see final too :D

R4D1C4L, Smoo and McGroose like this
  • 11 months later...