Repeater

DEMP2

Flechette

Stouker Concussion Rifle

Merr-Sonn Rocket Launcher

Imperial Pistol

Edited by eezstreet
Bek, Setlec, Maksman and 4 others like this

Story-critical NPCs (Jan, Lando, Luke) should just be invulnerable in general.

Also Tavion shouldn't die if you do too much damage to her, the game should cut to black before it shows her dying. That's a minor gripe I've had.

I take it JKA Enhanced 2.0 will have the same improvements, Eez? :)

Story-critical NPCs (Jan, Lando, Luke) should just be invulnerable in general.

Also Tavion shouldn't die if you do too much damage to her, the game should cut to black before it shows her dying. That's a minor gripe I've had.

If you know what you're doing you can increase the 'Critical' npcs health in the JO npc file to make them more resilient.

One issue I had when I first played is that Luke died in the very first room of Reborns because they ganged up on him.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

I take it JKA Enhanced 2.0 will have the same improvements, Eez? :)

I can't exactly guarantee it, because I'm not the one programming the JKA portion of the game. Besides, where's the fun of the game if you can't kill Rosh? :P

If you know what you're doing you can increase the 'Critical' npcs health in the JO npc file to make them more resilient.

One issue I had when I first played is that Luke died in the very first room of Reborns because they ganged up on him.

I'd just give them godmode through script. Or undying. Cleaner and guaranteed to live.

Just out of curiosity, how much coding work would it take implement the Jedi Academy .npc and .sab files into Jedi Outcast?

.npc files actually do work in Jedi Outcast (little known fact). The npcs.cfg is just a fallback in case no .npc files are found.

.sab is a lot of copy-paste work. Not too tricky, but time consuming. If I ever make lightsaber customization a feature, I'd certainly implement .sab support. Or maybe some custom format like JSON so that people's PK3s don't conflict. There's already a conflict because of Haps' Imperial lacking LODs for the pistol.

If I did implement a lightsaber customization feature, I wouldn't want it to be like JKA's where you customize it at the start. It seems weird to customize an object which you aren't seeing for like half of the game. However there is dialogue for Kyle saying "I'm glad you talked me into creating a new lightsaber" or something. One cool thing I thought about doing was a Doom3-like Nightmare mode where you start with the lightsaber and some force powers but your health is constantly draining.

Maksman, DT. and TheWhitePhoenix like this

I can't exactly guarantee it, because I'm not the one programming the JKA portion of the game. Besides, where's the fun of the game if you can't kill Rosh? :P

I'd just give them godmode through script. Or undying. Cleaner and guaranteed to live.

.npc files actually do work in Jedi Outcast (little known fact). The npcs.cfg is just a fallback in case no .npc files are found.

.sab is a lot of copy-paste work. Not too tricky, but time consuming. If I ever make lightsaber customization a feature, I'd certainly implement .sab support. Or maybe some custom format like JSON so that people's PK3s don't conflict. There's already a conflict because of Haps' Imperial lacking LODs for the pistol.

If I did implement a lightsaber customization feature, I wouldn't want it to be like JKA's where you customize it at the start. It seems weird to customize an object which you aren't seeing for like half of the game. However there is dialogue for Kyle saying "I'm glad you talked me into creating a new lightsaber" or something. One cool thing I thought about doing was a Doom3-like Nightmare mode where you start with the lightsaber and some force powers but your health is constantly draining.

True, which is why I replaced Rosh in my personal JKA PK3s with my character's daughter instead. XD And questions Eez.

1. What kind of script do you have to give for an npc to be invincible?

2. Is that dialouge in the JK2Enhanced new audio logs by any chance? I downloaded it earlier and I loved the alternate dialogues. :D

True, which is why I replaced Rosh in my personal JKA PK3s with my character's daughter instead. XD And questions Eez.

1. What kind of script do you have to give for an npc to be invincible?

2. Is that dialouge in the JK2Enhanced new audio logs by any chance? I downloaded it earlier and I loved the alternate dialogues. :D

1. ICARUS script, something like this usually works:

affect("lando") {
   set(SET_TYPES, SET_UNDYING, true);
}

(not verbatim -- run that through BehavED first!)

I will probably hardcode those NPCs to just have undying by default to begin with.

2. New audio logs..? I didn't add audio logs. Unless you mean actual dialogue that was cut from the game -- I have a line where Kyle says something like that but it's not included in the current release (I only included what was used)

1. ICARUS script, something like this usually works:

affect("lando") {
   set(SET_TYPES, SET_UNDYING, true);
}

(not verbatim -- run that through BehavED first!)

I will probably hardcode those NPCs to just have undying by default to begin with.

2. New audio logs..? I didn't add audio logs. Unless you mean actual dialogue that was cut from the game -- I have a line where Kyle says something like that but it's not included in the current release (I only included what was used)

1. Awesome! :D

2. Yes, that's what I meant. The cut audio dialogue.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think ashura is referring to the md3 version as that's done. I'm still making all of the animations for the ghoul2 version, but it won't have all of the animations you've listed mostly due to them not being implemented in code or simply not needed for DF2.

Example would be alt fire animation. There isn't one for player models, it's just one fire animation for both modes.

I was thinking of doing button activate animations but it'll never 100% match up with the button on the map. You'd be watching the players finger press thin air. To fix this, you'd have to lock the player input and move them to the correct position. I've seen this done in a few games.

I think ashura is referring to the md3 version as that's done. I'm still making all of the animations for the ghoul2 version, but it won't have all of the animations you've listed mostly due to them not being implemented in code or simply not needed for DF2.

Example would be alt fire animation. There isn't one for player models, it's just one fire animation for both modes.

I was thinking of doing button activate animations but it'll never 100% match up with the button on the map. You'd be watching the players finger press thin air. To fix this, you'd have to lock the player input and move them to the correct position. I've seen this done in a few games.

Yeah - that's fair enough, we can implement that stuff later.

I think it's fine if the interaction doesn't match up on the map, it's never going to look great for ammo dispensers etc without some kind of complete overhaul to how those work.

DT. likes this

I will mark it as yellow for now until I know for sure.

Are you doing any other weapons?

Any weapon you'd like me to do in particular? I hope to redo all jka&jko weapons at some point in time. Will also retouch my dl44.

Any weapon you'd like me to do in particular? I hope to redo all jka&jko weapons at some point in time. Will also retouch my dl44.

The DEMP2 would be good, seeing as how nobody has ever tried to remake that to my knowledge. That, or the rocket launcher. I know you also made an E-11 at one point, didn't you? We could probably use that with some nice PBR shaders.