Rey of Jakku

Mainly making this model for Movie Battles, but I will of course be releasing a version for Singleplayer and Vanilla JKA.

WIP Sculpts:

v4fp8x.png

vcRj4N.png

7qTQSB.png

WIP JKA Model:

sPclq4.png

Used AshuraDX's substance plugin plus some baked lighting to help make the JKA textures, Still WIP obviously.

G**...F***ing...D***mit, Scerendo. You are amazing. Just F***ing amazing. You should do some other models too in the future, because you are truly an amazing modeler. :)

Mainly making this model for Movie Battles, but I will of course be releasing a version for Singleplayer and Vanilla JKA.

WIP Sculpts:

v4fp8x.png

vcRj4N.png

7qTQSB.png

WIP JKA Model:

sPclq4.png

Used AshuraDX's substance plugin plus some baked lighting to help make the JKA textures, Still WIP obviously.

@@GPChannel A new Rey model..

WIP Sculpts:

v4fp8x.png

vcRj4N.png

7qTQSB.png

WIP JKA Model:

sPclq4.png

looks f*kin amazing, just like the rest of your models, your next model should be supreme leader snoke :o

Scerendo and GPChannel like this

@@Scerendo I think you mgiht want to go in and edit the levels on the AO for her body scarf thing

you have some insanely strong, deep shadows there that one wouldn't expect on a piece of cloth like this

in Substance Painter I could mask the scarf to a sepperate instance of the smart material, I might go ahead and create a improved graph version with 3 maskable instances of the material for you

Scerendo likes this

Since you're making characters for MBII @@Scerendo, do you plan to make lower-poly versions for your Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura? Personally, I'd really like to see those characters in MBII without the chance to get a random crash.

Have you tried using Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura with OpenJK? As far as I know, OpenJK is able to support high quality models without crashing the game.

Thanks for the comments and feedback so far guys, much appreciated.

@@Scerendo I think you mgiht want to go in and edit the levels on the AO for her body scarf thing

you have some insanely strong, deep shadows there that one wouldn't expect on a piece of cloth like this

in Substance Painter I could mask the scarf to a sepperate instance of the smart material, I might go ahead and create a improved graph version with 3 maskable instances of the material for you

Tbh I don't think its anything to do with your smart material, I baked some additional AO from her normal maps, to capture some finer details - but obviously its darkened some of the current shadows further. So I can just tweak and lower the values on that. Thanks for pointing it out though

Damn man, how did you do the arm cloth? I've attempted such things in the past with no decent results.

For the cloth on the arms, I used the slice curve brush in Zbrush to separate out where I wanted the different 'layers' of the wraps to be. Then I used the Loop panels tool, to separate and sort of crease them from each other.

I followed this tutorial pretty much, as I too struggled with figuring out how to get a good result:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=360410

Since you're making characters for MBII @@Scerendo, do you plan to make lower-poly versions for your Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura? Personally, I'd really like to see those characters in MBII without the chance to get a random crash.

That's the next thing on my list after Rey, I'm actually redoing Quinlan's model entirely - as unfortunately I lost all the original sculpts and source files for him and I feel like I could redo the model quicker than I could trying to optimize him.And Aayla will most likely be getting a new head mesh, to be closer to Amy Allen, along with some optimizations to her mesh.

That's the next thing on my list after Rey, I'm actually redoing Quinlan's model entirely - as unfortunately I lost all the original sculpts and source files for him and I feel like I could redo the model quicker than I could trying to optimize him.And Aayla will most likely be getting a new head mesh, to be closer to Amy Allen, along with some optimizations to her mesh.

Sounds sweet man - but could I make a request? When you release the new Quinlan and Aayla would you consider doing so as a separate release? I think the current versions are very good and would hate to lose the chance to redownload them as they are now in the future.

Have you tried using Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura with OpenJK? As far as I know, OpenJK is able to support high quality models without crashing the game.

I know they're working fine with OpenJK, but I'm only interessted in MBII, and as far as I know, I'm crashing when I use those models.

• 3 weeks later...