The list of JA++ known issues, changes and to be corrected.

Wookiee

This will be edited as I go along so lets get started.

Issues

=====

1. Unsure if this is clientside or serverside but now and then after killing bots alots the player get stuck in animation trying to run across the ground kinda reminds me of sticky banana's.

Changes

=======

1. I have found japp_sabertweaks, japp_saberBlockChanceMax, japp_saberBlockChanceMin, japp_saberBlockChanceScale, japp_saberBlockStanceParity not that important and I have disabled them with -1.

To be corrected

============

1. Grammer on duel_stats should be You have defeated $n instead of You had. (g_active.c)

To be added

==========

1. Modelscale

Unsure if this is clientside or serverside but now and then after killing bots alots the player get stuck in animation trying to run across the ground kinda reminds me of sticky banana's.

Never had this happen before. Just killed a few hundred bots on mp/ffa3 with no issues. Need a way to reproduce this

I have found japp_sabertweaks, japp_saberBlockChanceMax, japp_saberBlockChanceMin, japp_saberBlockChanceScale, japp_saberBlockStanceParity not that important and I have disabled them with -1.

That won't disable them. Just don't have japp_saberTweaks 32. Using japp_saberTweaks -1 will enable all tweaks.

Grammer on duel_stats should be You have defeated $n instead of You had. (g_active.c)

Hm. This would involve breaking localisation/translation for clients.

U

Changes

=======

1. I have found japp_sabertweaks, japp_saberBlockChanceMax, japp_saberBlockChanceMin, japp_saberBlockChanceScale, japp_saberBlockStanceParity not that important and I have disabled them with -1.

Ok I was wrong to ignore those values, I have been testing with them and yes it helps alot with japp_sabertweaks on 32. I managed to find a good medium of values but just got to make sure, these bots on the server are hard to test.

1. Unsure if this is clientside or serverside but now and then after killing bots alots the player get stuck in animation trying to run across the ground kinda reminds me of sticky banana's.

Never had this happen before. Just killed a few hundred bots on mp/ffa3 with no issues. Need a way to reproduce this

This may be related to dropped sabers interfering with cg_predictGrapple 1. Can you confirm this is what you meant?

What I am getting now is some kind of weird camera shake that flicks to the right and back even with the a regular ja+ client. I am unsure if it is the sh_animations or something causing it.

And no I am not smoking anything, I just sometimes don't eat enough banana's in one day.

Circa likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have thought of a few more to be added into japp and they are

1. full force duels (engage_fullforceduel)

2. option to keep saber on when being gripped

3. some kind of bad word filter to stop those swearing on the server

Those are some of the main ones I can think for the moment.

Lol swearing filter should be up to the clients in a Lua plugin. But maybe a server plugin if epic wants to make one. Use a file to have word list and how to detect legitimate usages as part of other words (ruleset)?

Yeah well most like to resort to threats, insults etc I was thinking of serverside lua plugin like umm JA+ hence the greatness of this so called balanced and great admin features (sarcasm).

Yeah well most like to resort to threats, insults etc I was thinking of serverside lua plugin like umm JA+ hence the greatness of this so called balanced and great admin features (sarcasm).

Hmm. The JA+ system wasn't really that great if I remember correctly.