Modern Weapons Pack (Way back when)

There used to be a modern weapons pack that was found to be ported. I'm curious here, what game was it ported from? I believe it was from pcgamemods but I'm not sure.

Some of the models included:

- M249 SAW (replaced repeater)

- Dragunov / unsure (replaced disruptor)

- Shotgun (probably W1200, replaced flechette)

EDIT: I have exactly one screenshot from this pack, that was the M249 SAW.

39265073-3.jpg

I have no idea what they were ported from, but I think I might have them lying around if you want them?

I'd only want to look at them. Memories and whatnot. Do you know what all you have from that pack? I only really recall three weapons.

EDIT: It was also initially packaged for JK2

Nope. The models in the mod I'm talking about didn't use any content from SOF2 other than a stray explosion effect. Also, the grenade launcher sound effect (on the SAW) is also used in MBII for the arc trooper grenade launcher and in GSA for the M16 grenade launcher, but I can't remember for the life of me who made it.

EDIT: Holy crap, that's it, @@Malkav. Thank you muchly.

those are the standard weapons in the new Goldeneye and most CoD games, I also have ported weapons from the omaha beach mod, but these look nicer then the ones I have, so im stumped

question, can we use these guns in our own games? cause atm they would make exellent place holders if not a few of them for my goldeneye mod >.>;

I say it depends on content. MB2 even has some sound bytes which are used as I mentioned before which are also in that pack. I wanted this pack mainly for pure nostalgia and like one or two sounds that I was looking for that I remember from this pack.

As for placeholders and personal stuff, I would say yeah, unless you released them publicly. Ironically, the JKHub download standards are a lot more lax on porting, but porting is in and of itself pretty wrong generally (except in my opinion for sounds, with the exception of music. Who is going to have that high of quality recording software and the necessary firearms to boot? Nobody.)

The policy on ported models here makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I like that we're allowed to share 'em and talk about them, personally. Anyways...

I think it is that modern weapons pack that you're referring too, but I do remember another modern weapons pack that was ported, a different one... very vaguely though.

Caelum likes this

I didn't know that these guns were ported when I originally got the pack (it was on JKFiles for a short period of time iirc). These guns more or less inspired me to mod the game. Though, I really don't intend to use anything from it, nor do I know if I'm going to use it in base at any point.

I agree with Inyri, not cause she outranks me, but In terms of ports, I have decompiled things to see how they worked, eg reverse engineered maps etc so I could see how something was done, I didnt do it to steal stuff, it was more of "hands on learning" but on certain sites, thats severly frowned on, so being able to discuss such things on a forum without being insta flammed is nice for a change

although I wouldnt use these models after looking at them in game, they do present another oppertunity for me to learn from them