NEW Sith Temple preview!

They are indeed similar and I'm even recreating/making very similar textures to further maintain that aesthetic. I like the idea that throughout the centuries the Sith maintained certain design aesthetics that identified them culturally.

Incredible work!

In the off chance that our sith clan decides to use this map, could you please make a non npc version? There is a certain limit to the amount of npc models each map can have and going over it causes it to crash. And having them be unkillable canruin some areas as you cant duel there. Please keep this in mind!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It is with great sadness that I must report that due to a careless mistake while managing my files, my ENTIRE Sith Temple project and all it's assets were completely wiped out. I know many of you were looking forward to this map. I'm deeply sorry for this disappointment. I myself am personally crushed.

However, I am dedicated to completing and releasing a map worthy of your patience. Since I have to start from scratch, I'm going back to the drawing board (literally) and will redesign the entire thing in a way that will streamline the development while making it every bit as impressive as a Sith Temple truly deserves.

TheWhitePhoenix and Bek like this

It is with great sadness that I must report that due to a careless mistake while managing my files, my ENTIRE Sith Temple project and all it's assets were completely wiped out. I know many of you were looking forward to this map. I'm deeply sorry for this disappointment. I myself am personally crushed.

However, I am dedicated to completing and releasing a map worthy of your patience. Since I have to start from scratch, I'm going back to the drawing board (literally) and will redesign the entire thing in a way that will streamline the development while making it every bit as impressive as a Sith Temple truly deserves.

That's the spirit. We all need this kind of devotion to what we want to do as a passion for the mods of games we love. ^_^

I appreciate that. While I hope this doesn't take as long, the PK Training Academy map took me 9 years to finish. Mostly cause I kept hitting a wall with it and walking away until I could look at it with fresh eyes. Ultimately I ended up redesigning the whole layout, keeping only a couple rooms from the earlier work. And that last redesign only took about a month to finish. The end result was much larger and more attractive than the other attempts.

I want to say that my hopes for this redesign are equally as ambitious. I was running into loads of technical and design difficulties with the previous version of this temple, largely because I'd been slavishly trying to cram everything into a perfect pyramid structure. These constant challenges caused me so much stress that I had to take a hiatus and focus on other areas of my life.

This time around I can take what I learned from the previous attempt and apply it towards avoiding those pitfalls. For one thing, there's a reason nobody does diagonal elevators. Radiant already doesn't play nice with diagonal brushes as it is. I got it working, but building the shaft around it was masochistic at best. Plus it severely limits the interior space, and designing around it is a hassle. So the redesign will include vertical elevators.

Beyond that, I can't go into details just yet. But I have a good feeling about this. When the force closes a door, it opens a window.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

A first look at my massive new Sith Temple! A huge pyramid style temple inspired heavily by Star Wars: The Old Republic (and to a lesser extent Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Finale)

It will be loaded with cool features and populated with NPCs to really bring it to life! 

I'll likely add more previews to this topic over time so stay tuned!

shot2016_05_15_23_24_32.jpg shot2016_05_16_00_35_56.jpg

[Please note that this is not the finished design and is DEFINITELY subject to change!]​​

If you plan to include the Dark Council Chamber, (i hope so), i could give you the Throne model.

If you plan to include the Dark Council Chamber, (i hope so), i could give you the Throne model.

I do intend to create a Dark Council chamber. Perhaps not identical to the one in SWTOR, but inspired by it. So yes that would be immensely helpful!

All good PK. You still have screenshots to speed you along.

I'm not going to use the screen shots. I'm going completely back to the drawing board. Literally. I'm redesigning the entire thing from scratch in a way that lets me do everything I want to do without any guess work later when I'm building it. That also includes changes to the layout. Last time, I tried to lean more towards heavy homage to the academy in SWTOR, and while I'd like to be reminiscent of that aesthetic, it was way to limiting. I still want this thing to be massive, and include all the features I intended, but I'm going to lay it out in a way that makes sense for MY goals with the project.

Captain Leeroy and Kessno like this

I'm not going to use the screen shots. I'm going completely back to the drawing board. Literally. I'm redesigning the entire thing from scratch in a way that lets me do everything I want to do without any guess work later when I'm building it. That also includes changes to the layout. Last time, I tried to lean more towards heavy homage to the academy in SWTOR, and while I'd like to be reminiscent of that aesthetic, it was way to limiting. I still want this thing to be massive, and include all the features I intended, but I'm going to lay it out in a way that makes sense for MY goals with the project.

Good on you for remaking it with your own style thrown in. When I was working on Davik's Estate from KotOR I probably rebuilt it at least 4-5 times. Took me over five years total off and on to get it done.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah actually! Work on the project has been slow. (It's really hard doing all this by myself!) and I've had a few setbacks. Every time I've tried to start this project, I hit a wall trying to fit everything into the overall design I set out to build. So I'm taking a completely different and modular approach, building individual rooms separately that I can combine into a single map later. This should allow me to stay focused on designing, building, and decorating things one room at a time so I don't get completely overwhelmed. I'll save the "great hall" for later once I have built all the rooms, and then I can place them and connect everything.

I'm still struggling with solving some technical hurdles such as how to do a proper kolto tank that works more appropriately than my last map's bacta tanks.

Currently the first room (A Darth's Office) is done. I'd post a screenshot but I don't know where to upload it to since postimg is gone.

Smoo, Noodle, Jeff and 1 other like this