NEW Sith Temple preview!

A first look at my massive new Sith Temple! A huge pyramid style temple inspired heavily by Star Wars: The Old Republic (and to a lesser extent Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Finale)

It will be loaded with cool features and populated with NPCs to really bring it to life! 

I'll likely add more previews to this topic over time so stay tuned!

shot2016_05_15_23_24_32.jpg shot2016_05_16_00_35_56.jpg

[Please note that this is not the finished design and is DEFINITELY subject to change!]​​

Langerd, McGroose, axanik and 22 others like this

looks....sithy :P looking forward to its completion!

You and me both! It's both really fun to make and REALLY stressful! Especially that scripted diagonal elevator! Scripting that took several days and over 50 pages of code. And now I've had to put a hold on the bacta tank until I sort out a clipping problem with the cylinder tube.

Sounds like it. Ive always admired what mappers and modelers does as I get the process it takes but do not understand one bit of how to actually do it.

​It took me years and years of failures and false starts and long hiatuses to get to where I am. I'm not really sure what it is about taking years off from a project that sparks a new level of motivation and a greater understanding of the process. Because seriously that's a thing! I started work on the Phantom Knights Training Academy in 2005 and after several months, shelved it and quit mapping. Then in 2014 I returned to the project with a renewed passion and loads of new ideas on how to make it work and it ended up FAR exceeding my original intentions and became the best map I've ever made!

Likewise, when I began this Sith Temple in 2014, it was a very different map, but it just wasn't working for me. So I put it away and now 2 years later I started it from scratch and it's REALLY coming together nicely and I have a greater understanding of ICARUS scripting which allows me to do more than I had originally planned.

I have waited for something like this...seems like forever. May the Force itself empower you for this task.
Little suggestion here - NPC causing crush often on some servers, so why not make just standing models without any NPC file, like any other object? You even can make them move. The only thing with it that they can not be killed, but that even better if you ask me. 
Thank you for you're work, it's truly needed.

Darth Sion and PK_Azlon like this

I have waited for something like this...seems like forever. May the Force itself empower you for this task.

Little suggestion here - NPC causing crush often on some servers, so why not make just standing models without any NPC file, like any other object? You even can make them move. The only thing with it that they can not be killed, but that even better if you ask me. 

Thank you for you're work, it's truly needed.

I'll take that under consideration. Do You have any insight into how to include animated models that aren't technically NPCs? My current tests involve heavily scripting NPCs to maintain a certain animation and behave as intended, such as having acolytes meditating.

I don't know HOW to do that, but i have seen it. I while back i made coruscant map from the SP mod Eve of Redemption for mp(copy\paste work, nothing fancy)
To my surprise im find out that peapole in cantina was still around and moving but they was...dont know the word, i was able go through them and they was immune to all, but force. 
And i saw some moving objects on other mp maps, so only thing i know is - it's quite possible.

A first look at my massive new Sith Temple! A huge pyramid style temple inspired heavily by Star Wars: The Old Republic (and to a lesser extent Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Finale)

It will be loaded with cool features and populated with NPCs to really bring it to life! 

[Please note that this is not the finished design and is DEFINITELY subject to change!]​​

Awesome work! Will this have an outside to it or is it just an indoors map?

I do have one request, however (if possible).. Once it's complete, do you think you could do a SP version of it? (Preferably would like it to replace the last mission in the base game and from the overall design you have here, it looks like it could work really well. If not, would it be possible to add it as a replacement mission for one of the other SP base missions in the game.

As you can tell, I'm all about improving the main, base story of the game. But awesome work and it's really coming along nicely.

If you include the Dark Council chamber you win the internet.

Those triangular doorways, and the use of red, remind me of this:

56735c2a7b1b3.jpeg

Wow! Thanks to all the positive comments and likes! Unfortunately I won't be doing a SP version of this. That's a whole lot more scripting than I signed up for.

And yes there will be a form of Dark Council chamber, but keep in mind, while this has a LOT in common with the Sith Academy on Korriban, it's not the same place and has a different layout.

Wow! Thanks to all the positive comments and likes! Unfortunately I won't be doing a SP version of this. That's a whole lot more scripting than I signed up for.

And yes there will be a form of Dark Council chamber, but keep in mind, while this has a LOT in common with the Sith Academy on Korriban, it's not the same place and has a different layout.

It will be compatible for use in singleplayer with the devmap console command, I hope! :)

The shapes and flags remind me of nazi architecture, which is nice, since it's so awe-inspiring. Big statues and corridors make one feel small, which makes sense when you take into account sith lords are always looking for ways to learn more, and thus, become 'bigger' in a metaphorical sense. 

Oh yeah, and there will be new models like this one based on the banners from SWTOR. I tweaked the design a bit but I didn't want to stray too far from the original design because I love it so much!

shot2016_05_18_20_57_21.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the original from SWTOR for reference

Screenshot_2016_05_16_02_20_49_129869.jp

Your flag is much better than TOR's. Yours has an original logo. 

Smoo, Langerd and PK_Azlon like this

Oh yeah, and there will be new models like this one based on the banners from SWTOR. I tweaked the design a bit but I didn't want to stray too far from the original design because I love it so much!

shot2016_05_18_20_57_21.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the original from SWTOR for reference

Screenshot_2016_05_16_02_20_49_129869.jp

You put these shitty old republic graphics to shame. Nice work! Your flag looks rly cool! Not only the model in the game but the whole concept is better OvO

Wow! Thanks! I'm actually aping the SWTOR models pretty closely and only deviating from them slightly.

To be honest .. I will give You a tip (this is my personal tip so this is an kinda an opinion :V)

You made something better. Take the ideas BUT shape them into something that is Your own thing. It would be better! And SWTOR have good ideas but .. look of them 90% of the times looks like crap (not in the cinematics  i mean the plasteline game X) )