Disc vs Steam?

I'm not sure if I should post this question here, but I couldn't find any other place that would seem fit for it.

Also, I'm sorry if this is kind of a stupid question. My knowledge on tech is strictly the device itself. I have little to no clue how network and server stuff works.

I have the Disk version of JK3. Am I able to play on the same servers as someone who has the Steam version? How exactly does that work?

Edit: I just realized I posted this in General tech support and not JK support. I apologize for this. I just made an account on here about 10-15 minutes ago so I'm still learning the ropes. Plus I've never been a part of a forum before so I don't really know how it all works.

I'm not sure if I should post this question here, but I couldn't find any other place that would seem fit for it.

Also, I'm sorry if this is kind of a stupid question. My knowledge on tech is strictly the device itself. I have little to no clue how network and server stuff works.

I have the Disk version of JK3. Am I able to play on the same servers as someone who has the Steam version? How exactly does that work?

Edit: I just realized I posted this in General tech support and not JK support. I apologize for this. I just made an account on here about 10-15 minutes ago so I'm still learning the ropes. Plus I've never been a part of a forum before so I don't really know how it all works.

Thread moved to JK Tech Support

No worries, we are all very chill people here. :)

You can play on the same servers as the people with the Disk version if you have the Steam version, and vice versa. Also, Mac players play with PC players. The only restriction is that the App Store version of the game can't play properly on multiplayer servers, and the Xbox version of the game can only play with other Xbox players.

The Steam version of the game does not use Steam servers. In fact the Steam version does not use any Steam features at all, so you may have already played with some Steam players and might not have known it!

ent likes this