A long time ago...

... well, not in a galaxy far, far away, but definitely a long time ago. Some of you (if not all of you) may won't know me at all, so let me introduce myself first.

While I had casual interest in the universe of Star Wars, it wasn't until one colleague of my father showed me several PC games that they played either single player or via LAN (multiplayer). One of those games were Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, which immediately gained my interest and played lots of games with it. The story mode had some appeal to me that I missed in the original (and especially the prequel) trilogy (and that appeal was re-found by the KotOR series, but that's another story for another time), and played a lot with that game. However, I was still extremely casual and it was still just a game for me.

However, everything changed when I found out a new game in the same series is coming out, and it was called as Jedi Academy.

As soon as it was released, I decided to buy it (it was one of the first PC games I've actually bought) and invest as many time in it as I can. I re-played the single player's story mode several times, the customization feature was really awesome (even if it was kinda limited), the two different endings was an interesting twist for me, and the dual and two-handed sabers completely sold the gameplay for me. But what was the best of the game? The multiplayer. I can't tell you how many people I've met in different servers, and while some of these were not-so-friendly, I actually met in-real life friends thanks to this game.

But that's not where this story ends.

The game became a bit of boring after a few years of "vanilla" playing, and that was the time I decided to find out new ways to play. I joined several role-playing servers that I really enjoyed, but more importantly: I started to learn modding thanks to this. I made lots of different mods, some of them can be found in the "archive of JK3Files" (I used the same forum name in Mediafiles  FileFront too), and even though some of these mods were unreleased (and unfortunately, lost), I still really enjoyed playing the game. It was the longest game I've played by shorter hiatus until I bought a new laptop for college in 2012. Since then, I thought that it was the end of an era, and that I will never ever touch that game again.

...I was wrong.

A few days ago, thanks to the Star Wars Bundle that I bought, one specific title immediately caught my attention. Indeed, it was Jedi Academy. I re-installed it, and immediately downloaded some mods, and later some tools and I'm more excited than ever. I know the numbers are much lower than they used to be, and I know the community is really small, but I still think about all the good experiences this game gave to me, and I hope I will be able to go back and provide some quality mods for the community.

What you may expect from me?

- Skins - These were my main priority by the time I modded, so I think I will give it a chance and do some stuff again.

- Music - I'm actually a composer myself, and I'm thinking about doing something that was not discovered even by the time JKA was popular: making custom music for the game.

- Models - Even though I had some trials (and mostly errors) by the time with models, I hope that I will be able to provide some stuff in this category too. However, the softwares are different and I have to get use to them (like Softimage), so it may take a long time for me to "jump back to the bandwagon".

- Scripts - Nothing special, but a few "twerks" in the game mechanics is always welcomed. I guess.

To tell the truth, the only thing I was (and still am) horrible is making maps. It doesn't help that I lack space vision.

Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I tried to keep this introductionary as short as possible, but I have the feeling that it's still somewhat long. Oh well :P

Artemis and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Welcome!

The source code for the game has actually been recently released, so there's still a community here, alive and kicking.

If you want to find some mods for this game, you may find them in the Downloads section. JKFiles went down some time ago, but mrwonko has a mirror for the files.

Thank you!

Yeah, I heard about the source code being released (and I actually think I have it somewhere in my notebook), but it's nice to see that the community is still alive. It's more inspiring to create new stuff if you know there are other people too.

Yeah, I actually have found mrwonko's mirror site (in fact, it has some of my really old works there >_>) and I actually downloaded a few files from there already.