MOTS Texture converting

Go to solution Solved by Teancum,

yeah, but i've looked in the original mots converted jpeg textures and noticed some of the textures not in the newmots, or at least haven't been done yet, there's also the issue of shaders, not all of them have been done, theres like 2 for altyr5 and asteroid crust, whenever i use gtkradiant, the other textures don't show up, are they there or am i looking in the wrong place?

Shaders will have to be written, unfortunately. But if you want to select from the textures, do it from the drop down menu at the top. Select Textures --> newmots to load them up in the editor. They will need to be added to the same folder as wherever you told GTKRadiant JA is installed. I told it /Games/Jedi Academy/ (instead of /Games/Jedi Academy/GameData/ as I didn't want this in my default game directory). So in my tools my textures go in /Games/Jedi Academy/base/textures. Note that it creates the /base folder for you if there wasn't one already. Your maps would go in /base/maps.

swegmaster likes this

thanks, i asked because i wanted to do some basic work on level 12, the dark swamp map,aka the dromund kaas swamp, i was really just wanting to texture it and give it a skybox, the entire layout of the level seemingly fully recreates the original level 12, no enhancements, no layout improvements, nothing, just the original level with no textures, or a skybox, which i wanna learn how to put in :)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

ok so i've got some basic texturing done on the dromund kaas swamp, mainly in the sith temple area, with 2 jedi outcast votj statues placed by the entrance, and i've found some textures that are not converted to hd completely, like the other textures that are hd-ified, so i'd still like to convert the rest of the textures that aren't done, i'm betting @@hhunter6 may know how to do it, since he's listed in the credits menu in the mod and was the apparent co-leader of the mod

EDIT: ok now i've gotten some skybox in, but it looks very crappy as it acts like a normal texture, this is due to shaders not being written for the skyboxes, and i'm not exactly a shader artist, so i'll need help on that

Shaders are just simple scripts that tell the game how to blend multiple textures into 1 texture which can sometimes be animated. Open some of the games stock shaders with Notepad to get an idea.

thing is, i actually have very basic knowledge with shaders, all i'm really doing is trying to give the swamp map textures, then release on here for anyone to modify freely, also, hhunter6 has responded and told me how to make textures

ok i wanna learn how to make water terrain in gtk, as the 12th level of mots had alot of water, jedi outcast had it in the one of the last 4 levels

I don't care if you use it, just give proper credit to me and AshuraDX.

The DF2 mod desperately needs members in general, everyone but myself and Ramikad left, the mod has had almost no progress in the past year. It's a shame we can't attract members considering remakes of older DF/JK games are much more feasible than other total conversions that have been attempted. None of them require much changes to the game, the bulk of it is just content.

I don't care if you use it, just give proper credit to me and AshuraDX.

The DF2 mod desperately needs members in general, everyone but myself and Ramikad left, the mod has had almost no progress in the past year. It's a shame we can't attract members considering remakes of older DF/JK games are much more feasible than other total conversions that have been attempted. None of them require much changes to the game, the bulk of it is just content.

i'm sure @@Teancum can help once he gets done with the df mod, and maybe some others on jkhub, i know there are some weapon models in jedi knight galaxies that are based on df2, and need to be modified to work in vanilla properly