Commander Ada Larkin

This may personally sound funny, but would it be interesting if Darth Vader had a girlfriend called Commander Ada Larkin? She wears a similar armor to Vader's but in pink. And he thinks she's beautiful. (lol) Anyways I was actually requesting for a model of Commander Ada Larkin. :)

tumblr_o6l2jgw89v1s7zy0eo1_1280.png

krkarr likes this

Not a good idea is that right? I was only trying to think of what other Star Wars lookalike characters should be made into models.

Would you even use it? People would be like "oh that's funny" and probably never pay it attention again. It's silly to go out of your way to think of requests like this, because there are only a handful of people that can do them, and requires a lot of time and effort.

That's not just directed at you, I've been seeing too many requests like that lately.

If you don't actually plan on using the requested model, you probably shouldn't bother requesting it.

Would you even use it? People would be like "oh that's funny" and probably never pay it attention again. It's silly to go out of your way to think of requests like this, because there are only a handful of people that can do them, and requires a lot of time and effort.

That's not just directed at you, I've been seeing too many requests like that lately.

If you don't actually plan on using the requested model, you probably shouldn't bother requesting it.

Alright then, I've made my point.

But how do you know people are gonna use 'em or not? Maybe they won't use 'em right away, but eventually they might. I, for one, was looking forward to Darth Padme, as silly as it was, but nobody bothered to make it in the end :(

At the same time, if we're requesting models, it's not just for us, it's for the whole community (since they're freely available to download).

You could remove all these topics and open one where we'd vote for the ones we like/ want the most and only get the most popular.

But how do you know people are gonna use 'em or not? Maybe they won't use 'em right away, but eventually they might. I, for one, was looking forward to Darth Padme, as silly as it was, but nobody bothered to make it in the end :(

At the same time, if we're requesting models, it's not just for us, it's for the whole community (since they're freely available to download).

You could remove all these topics and open one where we'd vote for the ones we like/ want the most and only get the most popular.

I'm just telling you guys why these strange requests don't get done. I'm not removing topics. I just want everyone to consider the work and time that has to be put into model requests.

Belongs into Nonsense, methinks. I don't deny that the character, and that that sketch was funny, but I have a feeling many of you don't realise just how much work goes into making a player model. If you were to create it yourself, trust me, you wouldn't do it unless you had a real burning desire to. Light-hearted requests like this just serve to clutter the Mod Requests & Suggestions forum with nonsense.

@@Circa @@eezstreet Perhaps we should have a Nonsense/Joke Mod Suggestions (sub-)forum -- or a "Personal Requests" one?

Jeff, Teancum, GMRobinHood and 1 other like this

Requests are what this section is for. If someone genuinely wants a silly model to use, fine. I've just seen so many people request things like this but don't even end up using it or even play the game anymore. They just request to request.

Cerez likes this

In all honesty, I wish this section had only legitimate Star Wars characters that have inspired a fandom, or touched people sincerely. While I understand the need for "not being so serious all the time", making a player model is serious business, consuming a lot of time, and I don't see the benefit of flooding this section with random requests -- especially if they are intended to be "just for fun".

Not picking on @@KyleKatarn1995 here. This relates to everyone. I mean it as a "bad habit" we've gotten ourselves into.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

Barricade24 and Jeff like this

Nah, it's actually not as bad as it used to be. I remember on FileFront, that requests forum was filled with random requests like this. The only difference is, there were dozens of good modelers and skinners taking up some of those requests. Now we only have a handful of people able to pull requests off.

And yes, not picking on anyone in particular, this thread just made me point it out. I can split this convo to a new thread if you want @@KyleKatarn1995

Cerez likes this