Phase-II and III Dark Trooper

Sure, I could just as easily reskin the Jet Trooper (and I did, in-fact, do that a few years ago for a machinima project of mine that never got off the ground), but I feel that a proper Dark Trooper model would be great. I know there's a Phase-I, so I am not worried about that.. I want the extremely menacing Dark Troopers we see in Dark Forces (I know Teancum is continuing on reviving the DFMod and I definitely appreciate that! Tean, you should know me as RevanSithLord from Gametoast, soooo... hi!). Recently, several assets have been released from the cancelled Battlefront III with permission from Free Radical. I forgot if that extends to any game or if it's only approved for Gmod and BF1/2. One asset, of which, is that beautiful Phase-II Dark Trooper model. My favorite Star Wars game of all time is the original Dark Forces - as it was my childhood, along with DF2. If it can't be completely ported (I know when it comes to porting things, some things are really sketchy. But I read that parts of models are okay, but not the full models? I'm not even sure these are considered royalty-free assets at the moment), maybe perhaps someone could modify the Jet Trooper and use the Dark Trooper as a reference model? I know that when the DFMod released assets, they also had an Assault Cannon made, albeit non-textured. Maybe perhaps we can get an Assault Cannon properly someday for generic JKO/JKA/BF2 usage. I've been following all the work in progress threads here and absolutely love them, so I have to say, keep up the good work!

Here's a few references (I get that the PHIII is a toy. lol): 

That version of the assault cannon is the best one, I think.

Here's a pic of the PHII Dark Trooper: 

:) In the meantime. I suppose I'll just make reskins for a project I've been working on since 2005 and haven't been able to fully realize as a machinima, so I guess be prepared for a project thread sometime.

KyleKatarn1995 and krkarr like this

Another member who has grown up with and loves Dark Forces? Well then, a pleasure it is!

It just so happens that the DFMod has, howbeit unofficially, been started back up again.

Depending on far this mod goes, it is highly possible that we will a see a Phase II and Phase II Darktrooper come to light.

I should also mention that Lt. Claim of the MBII boards has in fact ported the Phase III Darktrooper into Academy and while that file cannot specifically be hosted here, when he does actually upload it somewhere , you will probably be able to download and use it.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Another member who has grown up with and loves Dark Forces? Well then, a pleasure it is!

It just so happens that the DFMod has, howbeit unofficially, been started back up again.

Depending on far this mod goes, it is highly possible that we will a see a Phase II and Phase II Darktrooper come to light.

I should also mention that Lt. Claim of the MBII boards has in fact ported the Phase III Darktrooper into Academy and while that file cannot specifically be hosted here, when he does actually upload it somewhere , you will probably be able to download and use it.

I'm also a lover of Dark Forces too, @@Barricade24. I'm named after my favorite character in that game, Kyle Katarn! And I'm sure you'll know me for that as well. :D

Indeed! A pleasure it is. I'm glad Teancum brought back this project, for I was wondering when more levels would get done and then my friend, ZemmurkTrooper from the Void way back when told me that it was shutting down (he use to be a member of the DFMod team.). I'm a hardcore veteran when it comes to Star Wars related games, although I missed out on X-wing and TIE Fighter when it was still in its prime. Kyle Katarn is, without a doubt, my FAVORITE Star Wars character ever, outside the movies and....other than Darth Revan. A lot of people have likened him to Chuck Norris (I guess because of the facial hair he grew out later. :P), but he's way much more than that. Who else could single-handedly take down one of the Empire's most deadly and ambitious projects? Luke, Han, Chewbacca and crew blew up the Death Star, yes. But did they do it without virtually any help, aside from some mission relevant information? As much as I love the old trilogy cast, I'd have to say no. Kyle, with information from various sources, managed to do so much more. I mean, he punched a Kell Dragon to death! If that doesn't involve a lot of stones from a Massassi temple, then I don't know what does!

Pleasure meeting you, Barricade! I have been following your work. I'm happy people are trying to keep my games alive! I have some personal skin projects to do here soon, if I'm not modding for Battlefront and the original Operation: Flashpoint that is. :P

I don't know if anyone else pronounced Boba Fett's name as a child, but I did, and let's just say my father laughed so much to the point his gaming concentration broke. XD

I pronounced it "Bobo Fett". Just ONE letter off makes all the difference it seems. :P

If no new models are created by the time I need the Phase II and Phase III troopers I'll be kitbashing them. The Phase II will be a Jettrooper with a Swamptrooper head (all reskinned), and the Phase III will use the Hazardtrooper model with a modified Swamptrooper head (again, reskinned).