Improving Knights of the Force

What specifically do people want from this? It sounds like the UI/menu system is the big selling point. That can be recreated easily enough -- as far as function goes. It might have different graphics, but doing the rest isn't overly difficult.

I was going to say something, but people beat me to it. It would be better to build from scratch. That way, you gain permissions as you go, and you'd have your own name. It seems that you want to expand on the 'ideas' Tim had (other people probably had the same idea, but who knows?) regarding the way the NPC's and Spawn menus worked. I don't see a problem with trying to recreate what the original intention was of that mod, but I think in the long run, a mod from scratch is less of a hassle than dealing with everything KotF had.

Zappa and I go way back with Jedi Outcast Movies and when we first heard of KotF, it looked 'cool' to me at the time - I was younger and more naive. :P Then Zappa came to me and told me it was all just a hoax and content was stolen. Tim was asking for money, IIRC.

If you would like me to, I can type a comprehensive list of things that I personally would love to see in a mod of this scope. Also, I wish I could have what some MBII devs have: That special demo playback thing that you can also stop time, reverse, and view freely the playing field. It might make machinimas for me and others exceptionally easier. :)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

alright, if the mod does get improved or completely remade with a different name, then first there needs to be a complete list of all the stolen crap and content in kotf, with the names of the authors who made them

a lot of people may or may not know this, but there was a kotf 3.0 in development, with actual footage of it on gunyaz's youtube channel, I think I remember it fixed the menu fuckup bug with the character menu biographies that made you force quit via the console, as well as a new tfu push effect, which is the blue blur used in the tfu complete saga savepack mod for kotf

alright, if the mod does get improved or completely remade with a different name, then first there needs to be a complete list of all the stolen crap and content in kotf, with the names of the authors who made them

A second thing would be is to get their actual permission. But I have a sinking feeling that some are not able to be contacted anymore....:(

swegmaster likes this
  • 2 months later...

I'd be cool to see something like this happen, but yeah definitely create your own separate identity and don't associate yourself with it. If anything just take ideas and concepts from it such as including the entire saga and etc. 

• 2 weeks later...