Background Contest #2 - For Real this Time!

eezstreet

Posted Image

Hello everyone. The staff has been a bit busy and unfortunately our new background contest fell to the limelight. We regret the mistakes that were made with this background contest, so we are now officially reviving it! Here are the details of this contest:

"After the recent success of the JKHub Holiday Competition, and much staff discussion, we have started a new competition. This time, it will be something a little bit different. Instead of focusing on something designed with the game in mind, we will be focusing on screenshots. Originally, JKHub used a picture of the level t1_fatal. We hosted a screenshot competition in 2014, two years after JKHub was opened to the public, and the current background is the winner of this competition.

Fast forward to today. JKHub is turning four years old this year, and we haven't had a background change in several years. We need something new to keep the site fresh. So, we are announcing our second official Background Contest. The winning entry of this contest will become the new background for JKHub. Here are the official rules of this competition:
  • The art must be submitted by May 25th, 2016. Winners will be determined over a week-long voting period.
  • Winners will be determined via a voting system similar to the Holiday Competition.
  • Artwork must be a minimum of 1900x1200 pixels in size. The larger, the better! Ideally, your work should look good on all resolutions.
  • Screenshots must depict content which is only available in the base game, or official Raven Map Packs. Hand-made artwork / concept art is also acceptable.
  • Screenshots may be of content in JK2 or JKA only. Submitted artwork must be related to JK in some way.
  • You may submit up to 3 pieces of content for this competition.
But you may be wondering, why would we hold a competition to change a part of the website, when the prospect of a JKHub 2.0 is looming? In truth, it will take a while to develop JKHub 2.0, even after the software we need becomes available. In the meantime, some small improvements to the website and minor changes, such as the background, will be enough to keep the site fresh while we all wait for JKHub 2.0. More details and information about JKHub 2.0 will be given as we learn more. We are constantly tweaking the website, and continue to evaluate new options to engage the community, in order to bring everyone together."

This time around, the submissions will be taken from replies to this topic. The other topics will be locked.

Click here to view the article

It's correct on the forum thread-  the deadline is May 25th, 2016.

Alright I see that. But it still says March 1st, 2016 on the news article. Should I ignore that or be concerned about it? Anyways looking forward to this.

So seeing as how the Jedi Knight series (and I guess STAR WARS, in general) is about 2 factions; The Jedi and Sith (The Light Side and The Dark Side of the Force), I thought it might be an idea to throw in each faction's moral codes, as wallpapers. Obviously, all of these files are pulled from the web. But at least it gives you a general idea of what to work with. And of course, I'm sure you'll have your own ways of creating wallpapers of your own with them..

Rfhpx8K.jpg

sith_jedi_code_by_wingmaster6-d9l6xlz.pn

tumblr_nnsg6wUOp81u2cffeo1_1280.jpg

Star-Wars-Sith-Code-Wallpaper-2.jpg

SWTOR-Jedi-code.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

Min. 1440p, pls?

No. Unfortunately this is something I have to put as a strong requirement - there's quite a lot of users that run higher than 1440p (although I am not one of them) and it'd be better to not see any stretching or pixelation.

I can't think of how you'd be able to take a screenshot ingame that's larger than your desktop resolution.

I can't think of how you'd be able to take a screenshot ingame that's larger than your desktop resolution.

DSR / VSR (virtual resolutions) on nVidia / AMD. Recent driver updates from both manufactures made it possible. I'm able to take 4K screenshots although I have 1080p and 1440p monitors.
eezstreet likes this

No. Unfortunately this is something I have to put as a strong requirement - there's quite a lot of users that run higher than 1440p (although I am not one of them) and it'd be better to not see any stretching or pixelation.

Just open client in non-fullscreen mode with gigantic resolution and then take screenshot?

JKG Developer

Yey, another possibility to make another background. I wanted to "remake" a jka map (for rend2) for that contest but had to much work to do. Now there is another chance. :)

Is an iray render of a map ok for that contest? Something like that:

QZEf5Zu.jpg

not a submission

Haven't chosen a map to "remake" though. Wishes?

NumberWan, Darth Sion and yeyo JK like this

@@Circa These are the one's I like the look of..

FzdlHRc.jpg

d0YDnOc.jpg

hXL7mMu.jpg

6njJX8i.jpg

*Note*
The first and third images being by far the best one's..

*Personal note*
Does my fucking head in, when it comes up and says "An error occurred. You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." What sort of horse-shit is this?!

Bek likes this
  • 2 weeks later...