Mysteries of the Sith Mod

so it seems lava is not the only one having the pattern problem...

2aeh315.jpg

also, some more footage of the mots mod, feat. undead sith with sounds and mots rancor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DL4VCSnggU

on a side note, youtube says its got copyrighted music because of the alternate sail barge assault theme playing in-game, i find it a bit wierd and disturbing considering there are other youtube vids with copyrighted star wars music as well

In case you weren't sure, to scale things up, CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT CLICK on a surface (it will turn red). Next hit S to bring up the Surface Inspector. Adjust H Scale and V Scale as needed.

i've got it fixed thx to you :D, i simply needed to include all the textures and shaders from assets1.pk3 and put them into C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\base"gtkradiant's base to include all the stuff that i could put into the map to fix"

So I'm done messing around with Altyr 5 (the first level) for now. I've added basic lighting, fixed a TON of map errors, and added in a little AI. It was a fun distraction, but I need to move forward with the Dark Forces mod. An updated version of the level will be released (in PK3 form) along with all the original readmes. Just run it in a subfolder like any other SP mod. I make no promises with this level, I was just messing around. If JKHub staff wants to upload it officially, that's fine.

Playable mod files and .MAP to be uploaded soon.

**EDIT**

https://www.mediafire.com/?zkb4q7b5rhe0mb7 -- Altyr5.map file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mpxj9ld93cb39tu/mots_altyr5_prealpha.7z -- Updated build of mod (well, the first level anyway) with all readme files intact

Jeff and swegmaster like this

alright some more footage of the mots mod, this time in kappas throne, i made it to show some of kyle's new sounds, like new taunts, new anger sounds for his npc, new gloat sounds, a new pain75 sound, and new victory sounds(after he kills you, but in the vid, he doesn't do it), also some of the menus, also, for minilogo and barricade, the land/jump sounds are changed :D, the jump sound was deleted and the land sound is one of his pain sounds

alright some more footage of the mots mod, this time in kappas throne, i made it to show some of kyle's new sounds, like new taunts, new anger sounds for his npc, new gloat sounds, a new pain75 sound, and new victory sounds(after he kills you, but in the vid, he doesn't do it), also some of the menus, also, for minilogo and barricade, the land/jump sounds are changed :D, the jump sound was deleted and the land sound is one of his pain sounds

Mara: Excuse me.

Me: What? See something you like?

I had to. XD

swegmaster likes this

okay these saber blades are what we really need:

K2n0bOZ.jpg

I2lYm3P.jpg

original source here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mysteries-of-the-sith-jka-modification

Kyle should have Yun's Lightsaber hilt in the final product, though. Since it's HEAVILY IMPLIED in the source material and EU sources that he was still using Yun's Lightsaber at the time until he made his third lightsaber, which is the blue one we all know Kyle using all the time.

swegmaster and KyleKatarn1995 like this

Kyle should have Yun's Lightsaber hilt in the final product, though. Since it's HEAVILY IMPLIED in the source material and EU sources that he was still using Yun's Lightsaber at the time until he made his third lightsaber, which is the blue one we all know Kyle using all the time.

thats just a promo image, he wasn't supposed to use his third lightsaber in the final version, besides, the thing i really want is the blades and the blood effect  :), because there was a blood effect in the original mod made by the mod team unlike the original mots, think of the ja dismemberment mod, but with a little less blood

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

thats just a promo image, he wasn't supposed to use his third lightsaber in the final version, besides, the thing i really want is the blades and the blood effect  :), because there was a blood effect in the original mod made by the mod team unlike the original mots, think of the ja dismemberment mod, but with a little less blood

I know. And those blades, I agree. :D Plus, on the effect, is it a similar effect like when Obi-Wan cut Darth Maul in half? :)

swegmaster likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasn't really mine, I just improved on an existing model.

Either way DT, you truly did make a masterpiece. Even though you have better masterpieces like your EP7 Luke (Which you are improving if I'm correct), everyone who is a Mara Jade fan just LOVES that model. I was wondering: Are you planning on improving it anytime in the future or are you fine with it the way it is now? Either way, thank you for it. :)

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

alright here's my build of the mots mod: https://www.mediafire.com/?l9q51moiuc7sq5n 

to access the maps, type in

for the altyr5 map: map altyr5

for the asteroid crust map: map asteroid_crust

for the kappa's throne map: map kappa_throne

for the extremely wip dromund kaas swamp map that i'll probably never finish: map darkswamp

for the mara shrike map: map marashrike

Cool! What's new?

well a bunch of new weapon fx, some fixed npcs, your new altyr5 map, an extremely wip dromund kaas map(level 11) that i'd like you to finish, since i'm not that god a mapper, new character sounds that are taken straight from mots,, converted, and renamed to work with ja, like new mp vader sounds, haps bespin luke, haps darth vader with fixed shaders by @@Jeff, new sith-statue npc, resembles jerec from df2, would be cool if @@katanamaru made custom animations for it, new kappa_throne map, and i think thats it