A callout to everyone here who loved JK3/KOTOR files....

We've only got 10 days left, so...I'll make this quick. I wanted to say that we all love Jedi Knight and the Kotor Duology and want to see it thrive long into the future, but what made it survive were the mods made by the fans of the games who loved them. And so much history, in ten days, will be gone forever when Gamefront closes forever....So...please...take whatever you loved from Gamefront, and put it here. And if there's a Kotor website I'm not aware of, put the Kotor mods there. It's not only the love of the games themselves, but the urge to make them better in terms of graphics, game mechanics, skins, models, weapons and everything in terms of modding that kept them alive. So...we should all do our part to keep these games alive. :)

P.S: I know this might not be the topic to place this, so if it isn't, please move it to the correct topic admins. Even if it's in the Nonsense topic.

Once it closes down, FilesNation will open up and everything should be re-hosted there, assuming a backup of all the files has been made.

Thanks for letting me know about that, Kylo. Still, it can't hurt to bring in some of those mods here too for a little extra assurance, right? You can never be too safe these days.

@, indeed...:') And everyone else, even if you don't want to comment here, I had to say something because I'm sure you all have great memories of Filefront/Gamefront and how the mods everyone there made improved your love for JK2/JKA and Kotor 1/2. I'm sure some of you even became modders because of what some great modders like Hapslash and Toshi made. So...don't let that memory die. Keep it alive. It keeps what's in your heart and soul alive too. :)

Hey guys. I haven't been on this site in a long time but I have a new computer and everything and time passed and I figured I'd just get into JKA again whenever I'm bored. Then I realized that JK3files is down and now I read this thread - which couldn't be more appropriate timing. I was just about to share a bunch of downloads I saved from that site from forever ago for JKA. I was also wondering where I could get that old patch update, because since I have a new computer I don't think I have it anywhere.

Anyway. I'm going to create a Mega account and basically upload everything there. I have a bunch of miscellaneous maps and skins.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Hey guys. I haven't been on this site in a long time but I have a new computer and everything and time passed and I figured I'd just get into JKA again whenever I'm bored. Then I realized that JK3files is down and now I read this thread - which couldn't be more appropriate timing. I was just about to share a bunch of downloads I saved from that site from forever ago for JKA. I was also wondering where I could get that old patch update, because since I have a new computer I don't think I have it anywhere.

Anyway. I'm going to create a Mega account and basically upload everything there. I have a bunch of miscellaneous maps and skins.

Do whatever you can to save them, dude.

Deadlystream, Lonebullet, Nexusmods and Moddb are only a few of the multiple sites that host Kotor/TSL mods. The Kotor games should all be safe.

Man, I remember Hapslash's improved Stormtrooper model was one of the first mods I ever downloaded for any game, ever. His work got me into trying to make these old games look as good as they can by modern standards. Thanks for the memories, gamefront. 

The first mod I ever downloaded was a Desann reskin called "Darth Ferocious". :) I wonder if anyone remembers it. It had a couple thousand downloads. 

See if maybe @@mrwonko would be able to help you do something like he did with the jk3 mirror.

JKG Developer

I uploaded a bunch of stuff and was about to post a thread with all these links to the downloads when I realized the links weren't working except for just one, and I have no idea why. They lead you to the right URL but nothing loads - just a blank page. Is there some kind of setting on this site or something to prevent people from posting so many links in one post? probably to prevent spam or something?