Episode VII Saber sounds and blades??

We need block and bounce sound effects too.

And we also need the power-up and power-down ("saberon" and "saberoff") sounds, too. Your best bet for the "saberon" sound (if you can get it right and fine-tune it), would be this segment, where Finn ignites the saber, against Kylo Ren.

Sound is at 0:23 (Watch in 1080p for best experience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV6sjwqCQ2M

Finally, on another note, once you've managed to make them, it's always worth testing them out in the game, before you upload them. So they sound right and don't sound louder (like they're sounds running outside the game, via Windows Media Player or something).

Good luck, @@MrHeisenberg!

MrHeisenberg likes this

I finished the mod, i fixed the problems and it works great (From my point of view xD), but i didn't realise the sounds are ported from the movie, so it is not legal.

Unless i figure a way to change the sounds so they are legal and accurate to the movie ones, the mod won't be released, sorry.

I finished the mod, i fixed the problems and it works great (From my point of view xD), but i didn't realise the sounds are ported from the movie, so it is not legal.

Unless i figure a way to change the sounds so they are legal and accurate to the movie ones, the mod won't be released, sorry.

Well, that'd be the only way you could've really done it. So you don't have a problem, there. The "Movie Battles II" mod has done exactly that. All the sounds compiled in that mod is ripped from the movies, they're not made from scratch. The only thing is, they are edited to fit the cause and purpose they serve. All you have to do is (If this is even required also) is to just give credit to people like Ben Burtt and LucasFilm. etc. for their original creativity. That's exactly what I've done in my sound mods and they're uploaded on JKHub.

So get them as accurate to the movie as you possibly can, include their names in the credits (if you must) and upload it.

MrHeisenberg and GMRobinHood like this
  • 1 month later...

With the sounds being snagged from the movie making it illegal, this means there are a great many people out there committing copyright infringement.  

You've got the custom FX saber guys who port the sounds from the movies and build soundboards for their custom lightsabers on prop forums.  (Technically building any Star Wars props of any sort that are of the likeness of the films is copyright infringement.  There are only a small amount of exceptions to this.  e.g. a "modified" Graflex 3-cell)

You've got mobile application developers who have made lightsaber iPhone/Android applications that emulate a lightsaber that use Lucasfilm's sounds.

It really depends on your purpose for Lucasfilm to send you a C&D.  Normally if it is something nonprofit, Lucasfilm tends to look the other way.  

For example, the 501st Legion is a nonprofit organization that raises money for different charities all across the world by dressing as the villains from the Star Wars universe.  Lucasfilm does not C&D them because they like what they're doing.  

Quite frankly whereas you are providing the sound files for the game free of charge, I don't think Lucasfilm really cares.  I've really only seen C&D's from them when someone is making money off of their intellectual property.

Besides, there is absolutely no way to make the sounds in likeness to the ones made in the movies and have them legal at the same time.  If a custom sound from scratch even sounds like the ones in the movies, Lucasfilm could still C&D.  The closer they sound to the ones in the film, the easier it would be for Lucasfilm to win that battle ;)  So there's really no difference in the end.   

Darth Sion likes this