Episode VII Saber sounds and blades??

Sorry if this has already been posted but this would be badass.

in all the saber sounds you see online now, none of them have the higher pitched hum in this video at 0:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHARYb1W5k4

it would also be cool if the swings were consistent as well. like the lower pitched swings in the video.

the blades would be cool because they wouldn't be stick thin like most of the ones online are. 

I hated that they changed the sounds. It makes no sense that all of a sudden Anakin's saber sounds different.

But its Star Wars. Things change cus its cool, things happen cus its cool for them to happen.  

Can't understand all this hate of the small details, I like this change better. 

All this nitpicking gets frustrating sometimes :P

Would love to see a sound mod for TFA lightsabers ;)

Lancelot and Darth Sion like this

But its Star Wars. Things change cus its cool, things happen cus its cool for them to happen.  

Can't understand all this hate of the small details, I like this change better. 

All this nitpicking gets frustrating sometimes :P

Would love to see a sound mod for TFA lightsabers ;)

Off-topic, but I kind of agree. Logically it should follow that it sounds the same, since it's the same lightsaber.

Regardless, I hope this request gets taken up because it's always good to have new sounds.

Off-topic, but I kind of agree. Logically it should follow that it sounds the same, since it's the same lightsaber.

Regardless, I hope this request gets taken up because it's always good to have new sounds.

A bit off-topic, but for what it's worth, logic would drop even more in that scene in general considering that the stormtrooper dumped his rifle. I mean, heck, how'd you expect a former stormtrooper who has a lightsaber in his hands since a few minutes to parry all the blaster fire?

Darth Sion likes this

A bit off-topic, but for what it's worth, logic would drop even more in that scene in general considering that the stormtrooper dumped his rifle. I mean, heck, how'd you expect a former stormtrooper who has a lightsaber in his hands since a few minutes to parry all the blaster fire?

If you are referring to Finn, there is one simple explanation: During his time in the First Order, Finn was not only trained in shooting, but in melee combat as well. In fact, Finn is a superior marksman and probably had good close combat skills as well.

It was explained in a book that was published at the time The Force Awakens came out.

Darth Sion likes this

Not totally accurate. If he wants to replace all of the lightsaber sounds then he can do that. Just bear in mind our porting policy.

You could replace the default saber sounds, but that would be for all sabers. If the OP only wanted sounds for specific sabers, such as Kylo's Saber and Anakin's Saber, then the .sab file can be used to attatch the audio specifically to that saber.

It all depends on the direction the OP wants to go.

Darth Sion and eezstreet like this

in all the saber sounds you see online now, none of them have the higher pitched hum in this video at 0:15

it would also be cool if the swings were consistent as well. like the lower pitched swings in the video.

the blades would be cool because they wouldn't be stick thin like most of the ones online are. 

I put together these saberhup files, maybe this is what you're lookiing for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvpk2d3x5loz45q/sound.rar?dl=0 

MrHeisenberg likes this

I put together these saberhup files, maybe this is what you're lookiing for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvpk2d3x5loz45q/sound.rar?dl=0 

That, combined with @@Darth Martyr ep 7 lightsaber sounds from his Kylo Ren's lightsaber mod and we have a great "EP 7 Lightsaber Sounds Mod".

I can do that and release it, but i need your permission. Plus, it's an easy thing to do so you can do it and release it without my help.

Okay, here is the mod

I don't want to release it yet because there is a few problems or things that can be tweaked:

-Saber on/off sounds a bit low sometimes.

-I found that in Taspir FFA there is a horrible buggy sound from the mod and i don't know where it comes from.

-Block sounds are not working.

I'm going to head bed for now, feel free to modify the mod if you can enhance, tweak or fix something

If you are looking for lower pitched swing sounds, I may have the very thing.

Go here:

https://jkhub.org/topic/5696-psyk0siths-darth-malgus-update-addon/

It is my audio update for Psyk0Sith's Darth Malgus. It contains a complete Malgus soundpack, and also includes brand new saber sounds.

The saber sounds is what you will want to take a look at though. Try installing that addon, and trying out Malgus' saber in-game. Hopefully it makes the deeper swing sounds you want (I don't recommend listening to them directly from the audio clips in the pk3, they sound weird, but they sound fine in-game).

These sounds only work for that particular saber, it does not alter the default saber sounds.

But I think those may be the swing sounds you're looking for, which you can feel free to use.

GMRobinHood and swegmaster like this

I might wanna take a crack at the sounds. I can rip them for sure I just don't know how to get them in game. Any tutorials out there? Anyone wanna do blades?

@@eezstreet will tell you the specs they need to be, to work in-game and your best bet would be to use a FREE sound editing program like Audacity. Then you compile them into a .pk3 file (via WinRAR or other program) and voila!