**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

some screens of df

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=58da9f9f499c6f511c5099c77b12a61f&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7502&p=108556&md5check=8bdb5272ac112851c7364e192d7beb58&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,ClpKilze18c'); //]]></script>2435apg.jpg&&0

kyle grappling an imp. commander

2j4tzit.jpg

oh my god, the concussion rifle wall impact found in the disruptor fx folder :D

316sqqh.jpg

if you look closely at the assault cannon reflection you can see the jedi outcast nar shaddaa shot0049_env texture :I

Man that Assault Cannon hasn't got any textures when I played this Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy.

swegmaster likes this

It came that way because the mod was never finished passed the six level demo.The concussion distruptor needs to be changed since you can still snipe with it.Change it to the second to last weapon along with making the Assault Cannon the last weapon.By the way it shots bowcaster bolts and rockets when you fire it.A lot of Hapslash's  WIP models were never finished or ever released.

It came that way because the mod was never finished passed the six level demo.The concussion distruptor needs to be changed since you can still snipe with it.Change it to the second to last weapon along with making the Assault Cannon the last weapon.By the way it shots bowcaster bolts and rockets when you fire it.A lot of Hapslash's  WIP models were never finished or ever released.

with the assault cannon, i'd say the bowcaster bolt's perfect, just recolor it to be blue instead of green, give the ac a texture, and boom, also, teancums already got the concussion rifle's model replaced with the one that the df team made for it that currently replaces the disruptor, and in the last screenshot in my other post, with the untextured assault cannon, look to the very right of the model and you can see invisibility on it

The gun you have 4 barrels with is 

shot2016-04-23_12-33-19.png

Ideally you'd probably want to start by just firing like it is now and visually adjusting the barrel in cgame for which one gets fired with muzzle offsets.  You can I think have a variable on the player ent or possibly client that stores the barrel usage I think that would work.

Maksman likes this

Yeah, I like where the Assault Cannon is at the moment for the most part. It needs primary fire FX recoloring, a texture (rather than a placeholder) and code to show the secondary ammo (the rockets). The one that's gonna be tough is the Fusion Cutter, as it's gonna take a lot of trickery to rotate through the barrels. We're working on that in the Coding and Scripts forum. So far no luck.

I would kill to see all of Hapslashes work come out. 

Well, at least what he made so far. Who knows what he did with his unfinished models? I don't think that they were as lucky as the model of Mohc and Vader.

It's incredible that we already had them, but we didn't know they were there until a few days ago. They were hidden in an obvious place and were yet so far away from us.

I don't think that we will ever get the chance to dig up a lost model of Hapslash's work again. I consider these treasures as some kind of a farewell, a last gift from one of the greatest modelers

the whole Jedi Knight community ever had.

Well, at least what he made so far. Who knows what he did with his unfinished models? I don't think that they were as lucky as the Mohc model.

It's incredible that we already had a model of him, but we didn't know it was there until a few days ago. It was hidden in an obvious place and was yet so far away from us.

I don't think that we will ever get the chance to dig up a lost model of Hapslash's work again. I consider that treasure as some kind of a farewell, a last gift from one of the greatest modelers

the whole Jedi Knight community ever had.

Well there wasn't only HapSlash's models, but also Infinity Blade that made the Jan Ors model for the Dark Forces mod. I wonder what ever happened to that model?

So the bounty hunter fight just got more exciting. I added CLASS_REBORN to the .npc file and this alien got more aggressive. Even though it doesn't have force powers, it moves around the room quickly, using flips, dodging, etc. I might even make this a duo fight with their partner with them (if there's a model for it).

Any guesses?

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

So the bounty hunter fight just got more exciting. I added CLASS_REBORN to the .npc file and this alien got more aggressive. Even though it doesn't have force powers, it moves around the room quickly, using flips, dodging, etc. I might even make this a duo fight with their partner with them (if there's a model for it).

Any guesses?

Can that be Greedo?

Not Greedo. Again, this is an alien who often works with a partner. And he's seen briefly in the briefing for the hunt for Han Solo in the movies.

Oh, well that answers that. When you said he wasn't in the original trilogy, I got confused.

So you're bringing back  Zuckuss? We do have a great model for him here. He's force sensitive, but I don't think he was fast or acrobatic like the way your NPC description makes him out to be. Or do you mean the hunt for Han Solo after ESB done by the Rebels? That was Boushh's armor and he was killed by Xizor. He was an Ubese. They were in Kotor 2 and had some cool armor. I bet we have a model for Boushh in MBII. He didn't really have a known partner though, so I'm pretty certain you're talking about Zuckuss and his partner, 4-Lom.

Personally, I'd choose 4-Lom alone. He gets hardly any recognition. It would have been awesome to fight him in a game and I know we have an old model of him somewhere. It came in a pack with a bunch of protocol droids back around 2002-2003. 

Zuckuss and 4-Lom may be too much for Katarn to handle. 4-Lom was a badass who didn't get enough recognition. ):

By the way, Greedo was a shit-shot. Kind of makes it ironic that he's a special class in Battlefront. Even in his Wookiepedia entry, he's described as being a poor bounty hunter.

So you're bringing back  Zuckuss? We do have a great model for him here.

Personally, I'd choose 4-Lom. He gets hardly any recognition. It would have been awesome to fight him in a game and I know we have an old model of him somewhere. It came in a pack with a bunch of protocol droids back around 2002-2003.

DING! It's both, actually. Zuckuss will move around and attack while 4-LOM stays somewhat stationary and fires his concussion rifle. Screens to come soon.

DING! It's both, actually. Zuckuss will move around and attack while 4-LOM stays somewhat stationary and fires his concussion rifle. Screens to come soon.

then again, the concussion rifle is immense op, we already have the trandos, also armed with concussion rifles, but when you have one dude with an op weapon standing around most of the time and the other moving constantly shooting whatever weapon he'll have, i think this might be a very, very tough fight (:I, also, which room will the fight take place in?

then again, the concussion rifle is immense op, we already have the trandos, also armed with concussion rifles, but when you have one dude with an op weapon standing around most of the time and the other moving constantly shooting whatever weapon he'll have, i think this might be a very, very tough fight (:I, also, which room will the fight take place in?

It's very near the end that the fight takes place. Right now it's the room before the final room, which I specifically built for the boss fight. Here are some screens of the new areas I've added in order to complete the level:

Part of the starting outdoor area -- most of it, actually. Two stormtroopers are guarding the elevator to go down.

rdj3pz6.jpg

AshuraDX's awesome Devaronian Mercenary with a Disruptor in a new room. (need to ask AshuraDX's permission)

mfUqCJn.jpg

Same room, different part, facing off against a Gamorrean. In the distance you can see the big elevator and huge door at the top.

DA4jxwa.jpg

At the top is a micro command center for shipping and receiving. It's basically to make the hall less boring.

ll5zIGj.jpg

Looking the other direction we see an airlock to a ship that's docked. Hmmm, that structure looks familiar...

vDNxSn6.jpg

What? Imperials are running an old Blockade Runner? They really must be trying to keep a low profile. (thanks to Several Sided Sid for his permission to use the Blockade Runner map)

FjCrfY8.jpg

You'll be stealing this gentleman's key.

JmmCveZ.jpg

It's back out to the command hallway to open the locked door.

Su6xm71.jpg

Reminds me of the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

BVSxA9S.jpg

A view from the other end of the room

XCS7tQZ.jpg

A noclip view of the boss room. Zuckuss is on the left, 4-LOM on the right.

7fKd8E0.jpg

4-LOM

j8CblOW.jpg

Zuckuss, bathed in blue light from his repeater.

l6gBgLm.jpg

It's very near the end that the fight takes place. Right now it's the room before the final room, which I specifically built for the boss fight. Here are some screens of the new areas I've added in order to complete the level:

Part of the starting outdoor area -- most of it, actually. Two stormtroopers are guarding the elevator to go down.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=9c549ac7f1962c7a2ae77096cad54cbf&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7502&p=108716&md5check=6e3097140cccfe52b3e60e34b511e590&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,8d7_-9VrXko'); //]]></script>rdj3pz6.jpg

AshuraDX's awesome Devaronian Mercenary with a Disruptor in a new room. (need to ask AshuraDX's permission)

mfUqCJn.jpg

Same room, different part, facing off against a Gamorrean. In the distance you can see the big elevator and huge door at the top.

DA4jxwa.jpg

At the top is a micro command center for shipping and receiving. It's basically to make the hall less boring.

ll5zIGj.jpg

Looking the other direction we see an airlock to a ship that's docked. Hmmm, that structure looks familiar...

vDNxSn6.jpg

What? Imperials are running an old Blockade Runner? They really must be trying to keep a low profile. (thanks to Several Sided Sid for his permission to use the Blockade Runner map)

FjCrfY8.jpg

You'll be stealing this gentleman's key.

JmmCveZ.jpg

It's back out to the command hallway to open the locked door.

Su6xm71.jpg

Reminds me of the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

BVSxA9S.jpg

A view from the other end of the room

XCS7tQZ.jpg

A noclip view of the boss room. Zuckuss is on the left, 4-LOM on the right.

7fKd8E0.jpg

4-LOM

j8CblOW.jpg

Zuckuss, bathed in blue light from his repeater.

l6gBgLm.jpg&&0

looks amazing, although could you possibly improve the lighting to be like the other levels, maybe in the style of the original mod level designer "salv", and improve the quality of some of the textures possibly

looks amazing, although could you possibly improve the lighting to be like the other levels, maybe in the style of the original mod level designer "salv", and improve the quality of some of the textures possibly

Three words: work in progress

***EDIT***

Also this is literally the first time I've ever used GTKRadiant, so I'm not gonna be as good as Salv.

I found an accurate model of 4-LOM hidden in the Knights of the Force mod if someone would like to take it from the files. It'll look totally better than that Trandoshan reskin in the screenshot.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=9c549ac7f1962c7a2ae77096cad54cbf&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7502&p=108723&md5check=6e3097140cccfe52b3e60e34b511e590&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,b7HK0yow4vI'); //]]></script>tumblr_o662xmOyaY1s7zy0eo1_1280.png&&0

now that you've brought kotf into the picture, there might as well be some models in there that could be used for the mod revival