**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

there was none included with it, the model is in the source files for df as a .max, but a rigged version was in the mots mod source files

Send me the rigged model and I'll write a shader for him.

so, @@Jeff is working on shaders for haps vader model, and he's begun work on df jan, hes having a bit of trouble with moff rebus, as there aren't many images of him, other than the crappy sprite in-game 

Let me see if I can help with an analysis of what Moff Rebus' model would be like in this photo.

tumblr_o7t0l68RE11s7zy0eo1_1280.png

Thanks to @@Jeff for the Phase II. Just got it and I'll be adding it tonight.

@@KyleKatarn1995 -- I don't think Luke's shirt would fit well. Remember Moff Rebus is kind of fat.

I think this guy's body (remove the tattoos, add hair) is a great model for Moff Rebus. He's the right build, the right age, and he's wearing the right shirt. I agree with Jan's goggles, but maybe have them up in his hair, as it would probably look weird otherwise.

3763648492_c7a6011d81.jpg

Welding goggles like this might work well. They'd fit in universe, not straight rip off Jan, and the forehead position would let us see Rebus' eyes. It's all up to @@Jeff though. I trust his judgement.

161205108033_1.jpg

***EDIT***

Hmm, with Moff Rebus being a weapons designer, maybe I should put the disruptor rifle or fusion cutter in his "fortress". This is a number of years before Jedi Outcast, so we could say maybe Rebus designed the prototype?

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Thanks to @@Jeff for the Phase II. Just got it and I'll be adding it tonight.

@@KyleKatarn1995 -- I don't think Luke's shirt would fit well. Remember Moff Rebus is kind of fat.

I think this guy's body (remove the tattoos, add hair) is a great model for Moff Rebus. He's the right build, the right age, and he's wearing the right shirt. I agree with Jan's goggles, but maybe have them up in his hair, as it would probably look weird otherwise.

3763648492_c7a6011d81.jpg

Welding goggles like this might work well. They'd fit in universe, not straight rip off Jan, and the forehead position would let us see Rebus' eyes. It's all up to @@Jeff though. I trust his judgement.

161205108033_1.jpg

***EDIT***

Hmm, with Moff Rebus being a weapons designer, maybe I should put the disruptor rifle or fusion cutter in his "fortress". This is a number of years before Jedi Outcast, so we could say maybe Rebus designed the prototype?

maybe someone can make a new model of the disruptor? and have moff rebus actually defend himself with the weapon he's holding?

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

maybe someone can make a new model of the disruptor? and have moff rebus actually defend himself with the weapon he's holding?

Nah, I really love that model. If someone else wants to make an optional patch that's fine.

i feel the phase II could be improved by having the special animations the hazardtrooper has, which is what Teancum used to use for the phase II

Actually I was using the rocket trooper animations, but I'll see how the hazard trooper anims look. The Phase III was gonna use the Hazard Trooper.

no wait i meant rocket trooper anims

@@Teancum, i feel this is how powerful you should make the mortar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69wozqWXfY

Well, we might have just found a more powerful weapon than the Death Star. Kyle, go get 'em!

Also, that PH-II *jaw drops*. We now have all phases of Dark Trooper, finally. Guess it's time to some more ModView Photoshopping! I have something else sometime that I'll be doing. :)