**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

OH MY GOD, THE CVAR HANDICAP AFFECTS THE LIMIT OF HEALTH AND SHIELDS, EX. I SET IT TO 200, AND MY HEALTH AND SHIELD LIMIT WAS SET TO 200 :o :O :o :O :o

What did you think the highest difficulty does to achieve 50/50 max? Lol

well, with the dfmod, this could somehow be seperated so you could adjust health and shields seperately  :shifty:

heres an idea about difficulty:

-make easy mode have 100 hp and 200 shield, with lesser enemies

-make normal mode have 100 hp and 200 shield, with the same amount of enemies, also make them actually chase after you like when g_spskill is on 2

-make hard mode have 100 hp and 100 shield, with a bit more enemies

-have very hard mode have 50 hp and 50 shield, with a lot of enemies

and models, including boba fett, a new phase I, wip snowtrooper, and assumably a new hs stormtrooper, as well as the original tantiveIV hallway that was gonna be used in the mod

lcTYCb0.jpg

i5qxnOj.jpg

H42BdWb.jpg

i9WObcn.jpg

aPeS5EV.jpg

I can't wait this mod, and can't wait to do a gameplay about it in the future :D

wait, @@GPChannel, you're a texture artist, right? if so, then could you help convert the rest of the textures for the dark forces mod?

There are very few left to do. Honestly I'd wait until we're sure we need a given texture. Thus far what I currently have is way more than sufficient.

swegmaster likes this

oh my god yes! now what skins did you get for jo kyle?  did you get @@DarthPhae's df2 kyle in there  ^_^

To be determined, really. I have a list of skins I like, but I was focused on getting the menus up and running again. His skins are at the top of the list, I just have to get permissions all set up. His is basically free use, but there are some others I was looking at on my other PC.

But as far as Boba Fett, Jan, etc skins guys --- I'm not even remotely interested in them right now. That being said if you all want to take charge on seeing the get done or doing them yourself I'll gladly include them. But would it be okay if we keep old screenshots and skin/model requests out of this thread? It makes it harder to scan for stuff I need to address right away that people have posted. Thanks!

swegmaster and lpriefer01 like this

To be determined, really. I have a list of skins I like, but I was focused on getting the menus up and running again. His skins are at the top of the list, I just have to get permissions all set up. His is basically free use, but there are some others I was looking at on my other PC.

what others? and who made them?

what others? and who made them?

To be determined, really.

Again, once I have all the permissions and time to import them I'll let you know. There's nothing to tell right now.

On a different note, I decompiled the original 1-level demo for JO. Maybe someday WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down the road it would be cool to have the "beta" builds of these maps available as bonus content or something. If we ever get that far, lol. I wonder if the 3-level demo is still out there.

swegmaster likes this

oh :D :D

I knew it xD

okay give me the model and the skin and i will try it :)

actually, thats just a screenshot of the model from the original df modpage, i was thinking you could reskin the current default boba fett model to look like that

actually, thats just a screenshot of the model from the original df modpage, i was thinking you could reskin the current default boba fett model to look like that, i think its best we discuss this in another thread

ooooh okay got it :D 

okay, some bugs need to be fixed in darkjedi:

1. fix roq cutscene audio(openjk bug)

2. fix action music not transitioning back to explore music once played(@@mrwonko fixed this and put this in the openjk source code, which darkjedi should be updated to use the fix)

3. fix eax support so that lips sync properly in cutscenes(ja bug)