**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

So I've got OpenJK compiling now. I'm just messing around with it for the moment, but I'm glad it's finally up and running. First order of business there is getting melee up to snuff: upped damage (was random 1-3 damage points, now 8-10 point), grapple, and kicking.

swegmaster likes this

So I've got OpenJK compiling now. I'm just messing around with it for the moment, but I'm glad it's finally up and running. First order of business there is getting melee up to snuff: upped damage (was random 1-3 damage points, now 8-10 point), grapple, and kicking.

finally, melee is stronger now, but could you add a first person to it as well, and make it like jedi outcast's unused melee weapon for the player (not really unused, but it can only be used by grans, unless you use cheats of course :))

WP_MELEE from MP exists as a weapon which is used by the NPC's too. The problem is that NPC's get special damage values and the like. At least in regular SP.

that seems rather unfair for the player don't you think :( like, melee in game for the player does 1-3 damage, while enemies do way more

In regards to first-person melee, I don't have any plans for it. Being able to not only punch, but kick and grab works much better in third-person.

well i mean, it was in the original game, and there is an actual first person fists model that replaces the stun baton in the dfmod, also, with the jedi outcast melee that got used in the dfmod demo for jo, its first person view was kinda like trueview in ojp and jk enhanced, where you could actually see your playermodels arms swinging like in 3rd person, but ey, whatever works for the kick and grab

The first person model was never released. I get that people might want it, but it's really low on my wish list right now with eight levels to complete and other weapons to code.

ah, ok, what about the thermal det and im mines,will those get changed and have first person anims

Not right away. I don't know how to animate models, but if someone makes animations for them I can code it in later. Since they work fine I'm not too worried at the moment. I just want the guns firing the correct projectiles, the stronger melee combo system (done), and more maps complete for now. Maps are coming along well, by the way.

******EDIT******

HOLY CRAP! I FOUND HAPSLASH'S GENERAL MOHC!   https://www.mediafire.com/?52fd5fsausa58ll

It was hidden away in the Dark Forces source files. Trouble is he's not rigged yet. It's a 3DSMax file and some textures. Can anyone rig him?

Lancelot and KyleKatarn1995 like this

Not right away. I don't know how to animate models, but if someone makes animations for them I can code it in later. Since they work fine I'm not too worried at the moment. I just want the guns firing the correct projectiles, the stronger melee combo system (done), and more maps complete for now. Maps are coming along well, by the way.

******EDIT******

HOLY CRAP! I FOUND HAPSLASH'S GENERAL MOHC!   https://www.mediafire.com/?52fd5fsausa58ll

It was hidden away in the Dark Forces source files. Trouble is he's not rigged yet. It's a 3DSMax file and some textures. Can anyone rig him?

Be sure to keep that other one from Enter The Dark Lord as a back up in case you can't rig it. But that's AWESOME, man! :D

******EDIT******

It was hidden away in the Dark Forces source files. Trouble is he's not rigged yet. It's a 3DSMax file and some textures. Can anyone rig him

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYY GOOOOOOOOD, OH, OH, OH MY GOD :OOOO

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

******EDIT******

Two words: Mind Blown!

l0NhZ0aUSE8fXag12.gif

******EDIT******

That's awesome!!! Now you can finally use him in a cutscene with Darth Vader! :D

Lancelot and TheWhitePhoenix like this