**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

Actually the inventory is still there, completely functioning, aside from a bug with the Light Amp Goggles. It's just never used.

really, there is? because items like bacta dont get put in your inv, they just insta heal you, also, 

Finally got the Robotics Facility map working!

Robotics Facility - level 8

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=30bab12953739d2ad40bbe62459881ab&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7502&p=107913&md5check=2aa8bdb3d640ea3c74623c6948ff1a9c&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,1wqf3MCT-VA'); //]]></script>8ivuhJv.jpg

MPwyM1K.jpg

FKVdRsQ.jpg

mVSInew.jpg

D3EBdwa.jpg

yiwEeuv.jpg

tVaLhsl.jpg

IXQBnJD.jpg

7I5paSK.jpg

QxXGqcl.jpg

&&0

noice :)

really, there is? because items like bacta dont get put in your inv, they just insta heal you, also, 

It's true for the bacta, but it can be fixed changing its item type from IT_HEALTH to IT_HOLDABLE, and maybe changing its tag too, in ext_data/items.dat.

Finally got the Robotics Facility map working!

Robotics Facility - level 8

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=7af41cc68b1d9335bb28375ddc188824&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7502&p=107913&md5check=1d0d1c85c7763a0ea1f113b744998653&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,o4xEeybfCRg'); //]]></script>8ivuhJv.jpg

MPwyM1K.jpg

FKVdRsQ.jpg

mVSInew.jpg

D3EBdwa.jpg

yiwEeuv.jpg

tVaLhsl.jpg

IXQBnJD.jpg

7I5paSK.jpg

QxXGqcl.jpg

&&0

What's the FPS in game? I played the demo and always had bad frame rates. I really like what you've got so far.

okay, but is it bindable? or is it already binded? ive looked in jaconfig for the controls

It is, you can bind a key to invnext or invprev and another to invuse. There seem to be no keys for those actions in the controls menu.

Yeah, I've added the Light Amplification Goggles to the F1 key as everyone suggested. The Bacta I'm still working on. Since it's not designed to be a holdable it doesn't work when I just change it to one.

That's because you need to restore the holdable code that gives health when activated probably.

So the Light Amp Goggles works fine, but bacta is a no-go. That's fine, really. In the end there are other source code changes on the books anyway. I don't think I'll bother with the Ice Cleats as they're only useful in one level, and I'd rather see blizzard-like conditions in the outdoors of that level anyway. I am kinda keen on making a Stormtrooper disguise, though. It's basically saying "playermodel stormtrooper" and storing the current settings before doing it. I think it'd add a fun, different element to the gameplay. Just for kicks and giggles I'll try out the Remote Droid, Portable Turret, and any old inventory I can find. Might as well know now.

Where is your fork located at? Please use github :P

I haven't started code yet. Right now I'm getting the maps completed and focusing on content. I'm just messing around with inventory as a break.

***EDIT***

• Light Amplification Goggles - WORKS
  • Electrobinoculars - WORKS
  • Remote Droid - WORKS
  • Sentry Gun - WORKS
  • Bacta - BROKEN

So the Light Amp Goggles works fine, but bacta is a no-go. That's fine, really. In the end there are other source code changes on the books anyway. I don't think I'll bother with the Ice Cleats as they're only useful in one level, and I'd rather see blizzard-like conditions in the outdoors of that level anyway. I am kinda keen on making a Stormtrooper disguise, though. It's basically saying "playermodel stormtrooper" and storing the current settings before doing it. I think it'd add a fun, different element to the gameplay. Just for kicks and giggles I'll try out the Remote Droid, Portable Turret, and any old inventory I can find. Might as well know now.

I forgot to mention that aside from changing its type to IT_HOLDABLE you also have to change its tag to INV_BACTA_CANISTER. Then binding a key to invuse or use_bacta in case invuse doesn't seem to work should work just fine.

I haven't started code yet. Right now I'm getting the maps completed and focusing on content. I'm just messing around with inventory as a break.

***EDIT***

• Light Amplification Goggles - WORKS
  • Electrobinoculars - WORKS
  • Remote Droid - WORKS
  • Sentry Gun - WORKS
  • Bacta - BROKEN

actually, bacta is not broken, changing the type to IT_HOLDABLE and tag to INV_BACTA_CANISTER works, the bacta is useable

Yep, just did that and it works great. I have all five items bound to the F1-F5 keys since there's no force use in Dark Forces. I want to bind F6 to the Stormtrooper disguise, which is actually really easy to code in a cfg file (the following is just psuedocode):

Store current state (0 = regular clothes, 1 = disguise on)

If current state = 0
{
   Store playermodel
   Store head, torso, lower skins
   Set playermodel to stormtrooper NPC
}
Else
{
   Set playermodel and skins from stored values
}

The problem is I need an IF statement, and I don't think config files can do that. I could bind a Disguise ON key and a Disguise OFF key, but at that point I might as well just code it in.

Also, Wookiepedia states Kyle picked up some Mandolorian armor while on Jabba's ship. Does anyone remember that? It'd be cool to have that be an unlockable outfit if so.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Yep, just did that and it works great. I have all five items bound to the F1-F5 keys since there's no force use in Dark Forces. I want to bind F6 to the Stormtrooper disguise, which is actually really easy to code in a cfg file (the following is just psuedocode):

Store current state (0 = regular clothes, 1 = disguise on)

If current state = 0
{
   Store playermodel
   Store head, torso, lower skins
   Set playermodel to stormtrooper NPC
}
Else
{
   Set playermodel and skins from stored values
}

The problem is I need an IF statement, and I don't think config files can do that. I could bind a Disguise ON key and a Disguise OFF key, but at that point I might as well just code it in.

Also, Wookiepedia states Kyle picked up some Mandolorian armor while on Jabba's ship. Does anyone remember that? It'd be cool to have that be an unlockable outfit if so.

Not unless people "add" them on their own. ;)

swegmaster likes this

Heh, no if statement needed -- I think. Gonna leave this note here for myself later ( <> brackets are notes, not actual cfg code):

autoexec.cfg

bind F6 "exec stormdisguise_on.cfg"
stormdisguise_on.cfg

<store skins>
playermodel stormtrooper
bind F6 "exec stormdisguise_off.cfg"
stormdisguise_off.cfg

<set skins from stored variables>
playermodel kyle
bind F6 "exec stormdisguise_on.cfg"
The only problem would be if someone decided they don't want the disguise on the F6 key. I dunno that I can rewrite a .cfg in-game.

Personally I'd rather have a disguise of sorts only available in specific levels and at specific times. Coruscant, maybe?

Another application for swapping model I gave some thought about was having the player wear a protective suit (or maybe just the helmet of the Imperial Worker on Kyle's model - frankensteins FTW) for the Robotics level, going down deep in the hazardous area where the bombs must be planted.

Personally I'd rather have a disguise of sorts only available in specific levels and at specific times. Coruscant, maybe?

Another application for swapping model I gave some thought about was having the player wear a protective suit (or maybe just the helmet of the Imperial Worker on Kyle's model - frankensteins FTW) for the Robotics level, going down deep in the hazardous area where the bombs must be planted.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought, too. I'm gonna need some sort of gas mask, so a full-on helmet might be even better.