Jedi Academy is in SERIOUS need of new vehicle mods.

The throwable stuff pack was really influential at how just being able to spawn game models in the vanilla game could be. That being said, I've only done re-skins and replications of mods (making an r5-D2 vehicle when you had an R2-D2 vehicle). I'm not sure how far I could leg it on my own.

Maybe I can help if learn somethings. I'm sure it's not THAT hard. We're not making a new model altogether, after all.

ZanderNao likes this

It's just a bare model with nothing else so the hierarchy and tags would need to be made first, then export, then all the other little files that would make it work.

It's not hard but converting the file to GLM simply wont be enough.

What remains to be done with the model exactly? :)

Everything that would be needed to make it work in game.

I'm not going to release the one I have with textures because I'm not happy with the model, it's pretty inaccurate.

The one that I made that is accurate as far as geometry goes has no UV map, no textures, needs segmenting, tags, bones (even without animated parts you still have to weigh it) and the proper hierarchy.

It's pretty much not going to happen, when it comes to flying vehicles I'd rather look for another game engine.

I'm not going to release the one I have with textures because I'm not happy with the model, it's pretty inaccurate.

The one that I made that is accurate as far as geometry goes has no UV map, no textures, needs segmenting, tags, bones (even without animated parts you still have to weigh it) and the proper hierarchy.

It's pretty much not going to happen, when it comes to flying vehicles I'd rather look for another game engine.

So basically, it just needs to be rigged. Pretty simple. :) And hey, if you're not releasing it for you, release it for those who want it. That should also make you feel fulfilled in some way, right?

Well... It seems the time for the outrider may not be right, but there's a lot of potential on this forum. I love that the AT-DP is coming along, and there's some potential with those episode 7 vehicles even if they just become map objects. Let's keep the possibilities rolling.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

no UV map, no textures, needs segmenting, tags, bones (even without animated parts you still have to weigh it) and the proper hierarchy.

Guess I missed that detail. Still, don't give up on it just yet. Like I said, release it for those who want it, which is fulfilling in of itself.

Well... It seems the time for the outrider may not be right, but there's a lot of potential on this forum. I love that the AT-DP is coming along, and there's some potential with those episode 7 vehicles even if they just become map objects. Let's keep the possibilities rolling.

I would like to see those X-Wings. :)

You might want to consider releasing it "as is", as a source file or little less, in case anyone is willing to pick up the task to complete it.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this