Jedi Academy is in SERIOUS need of new vehicle mods.

I know I brought this up a bit in the past such as concerning an Outrider vehicle mod, but now that TFA is out and about, please don't tell me some people at least were IMAGINING the idea of an Incom T-70 X-Wing in Jedi Academy. I know there is a reskin of the Tie Fighter that makes it look like the TFA's Tie Fighter, but I don't know how many other vehicle modelers besides miniology is out there, or even if they're just lurking.

dark_apprentice likes this

But flying vehicles work like shit in this game.

Won't stop people from still flying them, you know, mini? :)

First, the controls and animations need to be turned from awkward to fantastic, for both SP and MP. Taking inspiration from Battlefront 2 wouldn't be wrong. And maybe a seperate control scheme for the vehicles would be great.

I won't deny that the controls are awkward as f*** in SP and MP, but if that can be fixed that would indeed be awesome. Plus, having a T-70 would make sense for the TFA SP Mod coming up.

vehicles like what? I won't be suggesting to do everything around JKHub for now since I've got so many wishes pending I could get crazy, but, what vehicles exactly did you have in mind?

I...actually just mentioned some, Rooxon. :) The T-70 X-Wing and of course, the Outrider, Dash Rendar's beloved YT-2400.

Lancelot likes this

Shameless plug for the Gametoast.com community here. I highly recommend actually using Battlefront for your vehicle fixes. The community there is more than willing to help out if you're looking for a vehicle-only fix without all the Battlefront-y-ness. I'd agree with pretty much everyone else, though. JA vehicle handling is beyond terrible and not really worth the effort. Even if it were there just isn't enough in the way of open space maps to enjoy it.

Why don't we just come out and say it?

We need a total overhaul of the Vehicle handling coding first, then we can implement new vehicles that won't control like this:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=bf6e42529273241f70dd43e1b6eb081d&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7485&p=107103&md5check=3fa5ca738e6f339962b5df5f94604c35&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,Uhz6dWC3emg'); //]]></script>sKkn6Wi.gif&&0

Okay, that gif gave me a good laugh.

that doesn't explain why no-one's making ground vehicles, you know <_<

Well I just released one and something that Ashura and I found while fixing the NPC files for it may lead to me being able to release my AT-RT.

It's not even that the flight code is terrible it's also the fact that the games map size is too small for flight.

I have to agree with @@Teancum, play some SWBF2 if you want some fun flight in the SW universe that has tons of mods. I even have stuff released there and actually tons more that I need to release but I've forgotten how to even mod that game to do it lol. It's also the EXACT reason I modded SWBF2, I used to like making flying vehicles for JA but eventually I wanted more so I modded a different engine for a while.

TheWhitePhoenix and the_raven like this

Well I just released one and something that Ashura and I found while fixing the NPC files for it may lead to me being able to release my AT-RT.

It's not even that the flight code is terrible it's also the fact that the games map size is too small for flight.

I have to agree with @@Teancum, play some SWBF2 if you want some fun flight in the SW universe that has tons of mods. I even have stuff released there and actually tons more that I need to release but I've forgotten how to even mod that game to do it lol. It's also the EXACT reason I modded SWBF2, I used to like making flying vehicles for JA but eventually I wanted more so I modded a different engine for a while.

Maybe I should get SWBF2 so I can use it for space battles. Minilogo, I know that filefront is gone, but is there another website with your mods that is available for future reference and such?

Of course it's fixable but is any active coder going to tackle this? HIGHLY unlikely and I don't blame them. We need a lot of other things done as far as game code way before something that was probably just thrown in by Raven for shits and giggles. I'd rather see rend2 worked on, that's far more important, flight is like at the bottom of the list.

Shit in 1 hand, wish in another and see which one fills up first...

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

We need a total overhaul of the Vehicle handling coding first, then we can implement new vehicles that won't control like this:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=1ebf6f651e2d39b136be2a42903c9a48&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7485&p=107103&md5check=89bf2fdbde4bd4c6627b2bbf38bd2d56&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,sICAbe85AC0'); //]]></script>sKkn6Wi.gif&&0

these vehicles still work better than the vanilla JKA vehicles :P:shifty:

it doesn't open for me :(

sKkn6Wi.gif

To be honest, I don't even remotely remember there being an vehicles you can control/drive in JKA. Certainly not in Single Player, at least.. :huh:

No, I'll tell you what Jedi Academy is in SERIOUS need of.. New Single Player mods. It takes more work and probably resources, but I'm not just talking about the odd little improvements here and there to graphics/cosmetics or weapons. etc. I'm talking about Single Player mission mods. @@Langerd's *upcoming* Bespin mod is a good example and other mods like this:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/471-crash-on-tatooine/

Maybe even new, updated and more "lore accurate" maps to replace the base game versions. etc. Something to really immerse you into those worlds. Excusing the fact of how old Jedi Academy is, now. The base missions could certainly use updating or replacing. But still keeping in-line with what the game's story.

TheWhitePhoenix and Langerd like this