Modding player models in Movie Duels 2

Hello everyone, i am brand new to this forum and i find it amazing the work people have been doing over the years for this game. Over the years ive played this game off and on, always downloading and installing movie duels 2 because its one of my favorite games of all time (I consider it a game in itself since you cant get that kind of experience anywhere else). I recently installed jedi academy again and movie duels 2 to get my fix of star wars battles from the movies. I decided to check and see what new mods people have been creating (which brought me to this site), Having said that, i was shocked when i searched for a new movie duels version and it was still the same one i played years ago. Then I found out that they had been working on movie duels the original trilogy, but I guess they decided to scrap the idea? I found a youtube video of someone playing the demo of it and it looked like the first part (a new hope) was done or mostly complete. It looked amazing and i really want to play it, but it looks like they didnt even release that. I wish they could have just added that one part as an addon before scraping the whole project.

Anyway, I started seeing many great new player models on here, like DT maul and Ahsoka 1.0. I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to replace some of the player models in movie duels with newer versions or versions made from different people that arent the same as the ones they used in movie duels?

So far ive tried my hand at doing it, with varying results. I replaced the maul model in movie duels with DT maul. It worked for the most part except when hes hooded and wearing his robes, you cant see his face on any other parts of his body like his chest, legs or hands. His saber also looks like its floating since his hands arent there. When he isnt wearing his hood and robes however, everything looks perfect (atleast from what i can tell). I havnt even attempted to try and replace is lightsaber with the files from DT maul, that looks like a whole other can of worms lol. 

I also replaced the ahsoka model, she came out very well (again atleast from what i can tell) but shes still using the same lightsaber as before. I then attempted to replace it with the saber files inside the download, but it didnt really work right and her saber doesnt really look like it changed at all. The only thing that seems different is i can switch stances, but when i cycle through them all, it gets stuck on the last stance and wont change again.

Is there anyone that can help me replace some of the aging player models in movie duels 2? I searched on here to see if anyone had attempted this before, but I didnt find anything. Maybe im the only one who would want to do something as crazy as this? lol. Im not much for multiplayer and I get the most enjoyment out of being able to actually participate in the saber fights from the movies. Its very depressing to think that i might never be able to play the fights from the original trilogy, let alone movie duels 2 never being updated again. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone. 

For starters, the idea of this sounds like erasing someones hard work just for the sake of vanity, Movie Duels may have died as a continued project long ago but it's still liked by many who were disappointed to see the project end before the OT was done.

IMO it's fine as it is, there is nothing wrong with the models as a lot of them are still used in Movie Battles 2, the mod only died because the creator had no time available to keep working on it, that said there is nothing to stop anyone trying to resurrect it by creating what was left out.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

For starters, the idea of this sounds like erasing someones hard work just for the sake of vanity, Movie Duels may have died as a continued project long ago but it's still liked by many who were disappointed to see the project end before the OT was done.

IMO it's fine as it is, there is nothing wrong with the models as a lot of them are still used in Movie Battles 2, the mod only died because the creator had no time available to keep working on it, that said there is nothing to stop anyone trying to resurrect it by creating what was left out.

thats not what i was saying at all.

well these forums are useless. thanks for the warm welcome everyone i appreciate it... eat shit all. 

These Forums are not useless, as without JKHub you wouldn't have people making new models for you to replace in Movie Duels to begin with. I do not have Movie Duels, I do not know how you replace the characters, however, I am certain that someone knows how, and that they may be able to assist you in some way.

If that fails, you can always attempt to find a tutorial deep on the internet.

And please, don't take internet opinions so personally. If you want a warm welcome, there's an Introduction Forum for that:

https://jkhub.org/forum/5-introductions/

General Howard likes this
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone, i am brand new to this forum and i find it amazing the work people have been doing over the years for this game. Over the years ive played this game off and on, always downloading and installing movie duels 2 because its one of my favorite games of all time (I consider it a game in itself since you cant get that kind of experience anywhere else). I recently installed jedi academy again and movie duels 2 to get my fix of star wars battles from the movies. I decided to check and see what new mods people have been creating (which brought me to this site), Having said that, i was shocked when i searched for a new movie duels version and it was still the same one i played years ago. Then I found out that they had been working on movie duels the original trilogy, but I guess they decided to scrap the idea? I found a youtube video of someone playing the demo of it and it looked like the first part (a new hope) was done or mostly complete. It looked amazing and i really want to play it, but it looks like they didnt even release that. I wish they could have just added that one part as an addon before scraping the whole project.

Anyway, I started seeing many great new player models on here, like DT maul and Ahsoka 1.0. I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to replace some of the player models in movie duels with newer versions or versions made from different people that arent the same as the ones they used in movie duels?

So far ive tried my hand at doing it, with varying results. I replaced the maul model in movie duels with DT maul. It worked for the most part except when hes hooded and wearing his robes, you cant see his face on any other parts of his body like his chest, legs or hands. His saber also looks like its floating since his hands arent there. When he isnt wearing his hood and robes however, everything looks perfect (atleast from what i can tell). I havnt even attempted to try and replace is lightsaber with the files from DT maul, that looks like a whole other can of worms lol. 

I also replaced the ahsoka model, she came out very well (again atleast from what i can tell) but shes still using the same lightsaber as before. I then attempted to replace it with the saber files inside the download, but it didnt really work right and her saber doesnt really look like it changed at all. The only thing that seems different is i can switch stances, but when i cycle through them all, it gets stuck on the last stance and wont change again.

Is there anyone that can help me replace some of the aging player models in movie duels 2? I searched on here to see if anyone had attempted this before, but I didnt find anything. Maybe im the only one who would want to do something as crazy as this? lol. Im not much for multiplayer and I get the most enjoyment out of being able to actually participate in the saber fights from the movies. Its very depressing to think that i might never be able to play the fights from the original trilogy, let alone movie duels 2 never being updated again. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone. 

I have never played Movie Duels, so I'm not sure how some of the things they've done were achieved. Did you check if there were some shaders you accidentally replaced or if the older model had a custom .gla file that somehow conflicted with the new model? At least, the problem with Ahsoka's saber stances sounds like it must be related to custom animation files (.gla). 

well these forums are useless. thanks for the warm welcome everyone i appreciate it... eat shit all.

eat shit fag stick.

I really have to wonder why you saw the need to make another post to insult someone a allmost a year after he commented on your displayed attitude.

It took you just 3 days of waiting to turn from asking for help to insulting everyone who may have been able to help you with your problem.

Did this seem like a good Idea to you?

I mean - would YOU help someone with his problem if that someone just told you to eat shit? I would not. And I did not in this case.

Please keep your communication on here civilised from now on or see yourself out, thank you.

Actually, the Movie Duels 2 mod ISN'T dead. It's very much alive. We have a team who is working on "Remastering" the mod and bringing it into the modern age. However.. As others have stated, with an immature attitude like that, you'll get nowhere fast on this forum (if at all). Throwing out insults to people really isn't the best way to go about getting or finding what you're looking for, especially when others are civil enough to give you a response. Maybe you should extend them the same courtesy.

But if you search on the forum, you'll find the "Work in Progress" thread with the content you're looking for. But you can search for that yourself.

In future though, you might want to remember the old saying that you should treat people how you wanna be treated yourself, if you want people to help you out.

TheWhitePhoenix and dg1995 like this

I liked Movie Duels 2 but it had it's problems:

1.Random movie quotes that characters say in middle of the fight was annoying.

"Now experience the full poweh of the dark side."

"I don't think so."

For episode 3 chapters the author could have used voices from Episode 3 PS2 game.(He used some Windu's lines from that game.)

2.And the saber system wasn't that good imo. With some characters you can just switch to strong style and use their fast attack to easily kill the opponents. Some characters like Darth Maul were also too weak.

I wish that someday this project gets updated.

I liked Movie Duels 2 but it had it's problems:

1.Random movie quotes that characters say in middle of the fight was annoying.

"Now experience the full poweh of the dark side."

"I don't think so."

For episode 3 chapters the author could have used voices from Episode 3 PS2 game.(He used some Windu's lines from that game.)

2.And the saber system wasn't that good imo. With some characters you can just switch to strong style and use their fast attack to easily kill the opponents. Some characters like Darth Maul were also too weak.

I wish that someday this project gets updated.

MD2 Remastered....It's happening. Take a look at the forums. :)

dg1995 likes this