Rend2 - A Modern Renderer

Xycaleth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like something went wrong with the shader parsing. Line 387 in your paste bin is actually the end of the shader. I probably forgot a null terminator somewhere.

Thanks for the PR. There's a lot of things I disagree with there unfortunately, but I'll comment on it GitHub  :)

• 1 year later...

Hy guys!

Rend2 work only MP, or its work with SP in 2019?

I saw on youtube from a 2019 video that the videomaker play single player Jedi Academy with Rend2 awsome graphic.

Have it a final version of Rend2 MOD for JA?

In my opinion, if this will be combine with KOTF 2.1, that game would be the best SW game!!!

Droidy365 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone found an automated way of converting PBR to DiffSpec? 

I created a substance that works with substance player if you want to pack materials for rend2. If you need any help with it, ask me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0csgk4kh7grdkvt/rend2_mat_packer.sbsar?dl=0

Rend2 btw uses either metal roughness pbr materials or specular gloss pbr materials. The vanilla way of defining specular works but is not pbr'ish

tihivag likes this

Hi,

I'm a new member here and I'd like to join your modding community. The idea of refurbishing old JK engine excites me a lot. I'm quite acquainted with c++ too. I also wonder if one could, for example, implement shaders from doom 3 engine into openjk rend2? (both I'd tech 4 and ioquake 3 have the same creators so it can be assumed that they share similarities both in structure and coding style). Also I've compiled openjk rend2 (df2 version) recently and I'd like to know if there are some interesting maps to test improved shaders, pbr textures, normal maps etc. I've seen videos on YouTube of splendid maps being tested by MaximumMurks and Andriy Kos and I wonder if it's posted somewhere so one can download it and test it?

Droidy365 likes this

Hi,

I'm a new member here and I'd like to join your modding community. The idea of refurbishing old JK engine excites me a lot. I'm quite acquainted with c++ too. I also wonder if one could, for example, implement shaders from doom 3 engine into openjk rend2? (both I'd tech 4 and ioquake 3 have the same creators so it can be assumed that they share similarities both in structure and coding style). Also I've compiled openjk rend2 (df2 version) recently and I'd like to know if there are some interesting maps to test improved shaders, pbr textures, normal maps etc. I've seen videos on YouTube of splendid maps being tested by MaximumMurks and Andriy Kos and I wonder if it's posted somewhere so one can download it and test it?

Hey DLT-19, welcome to the Hub!

I could send you some maps to test if you want to. I dont really see the point in implementing doom shaders, but maybe theres a valid reason I dont know yet. Maybe write me on discord if you have an account there. Makes it a bit easier than writing on the forums.

P.s. MaximumMurks is actually my youtube account. :P

Thank you for your reply! I would be glad if you sent me couple of interesting maps (especially those with realistic, metallic textures like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbtzbtcIrw&t=26s ) so I could test it myself. As to answer my first question (regarding doom 3 engine): I thought it would be awesome to implement doom-like dynamic lights and shadows into openjk as it would make game's graphics more realistic and modern (especially making fireing blasters look cool and lightsabers tii, like in movies. The recent Battlefront has those cool graphical features). I'd also like to ask if the discord link is still the same as one posted somewhere on jkhub?

• 2 months later...

Hy guys!

I downloaded the latest OpenJK version + the latest rend2 from the first page links.

In MP i wrote to the consol cl_renderer rd-rend2; vid_restart, after restart i dont see anything change in the grapichs, whats the wrong?

And i try rend2 on single player, after vid_restart command the game quit... rend2 not work to single player?

Thank the answer and the help!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello everybody!

parallaxmap and specularmap is not working.(

please tell me what i do wrong

textures/korriban/k_ceiling
{
    qer_editorimage textures/korriban/k_ceiling.jpg
    {
        map textures/korriban/k_ceiling.jpg
    }
    {
    stage normalparallaxmap
    map textures/korriban/k_ceiling_n.tga
        }
    {
        stage specularmap
        map textures/korriban/k_ceiling_s
    }
        {
        map $lightmap
        blendfunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
    }
}

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XOosx0AnxPqIgD0i5GiyYKnZyutXbKgd?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uqxq6dBOGhIF02ocjYCsp6Kv_UAivDWq/view?usp=sharing

r_normalmapping 1

r_parallaxmapping 1

r_specularmapping 1

The stage qualifiers are gone for a while now. Using .mtr files require .shader files of the same name to be in place. Your file extension is .mat which is not supported.

Corrected shader looks like this

textures/korriban/k_ceiling
{
	qer_editorimage textures/korriban/k_ceiling.jpg
	{
		map textures/korriban/k_ceiling.jpg
		normalHeightMap textures/korriban/k_ceiling_n.tga
		// normalMap for images without parallax height in the alpha channel

// if you use a packed material definition
		// rmoMap is packed roughness, metalness, ambient occlusion in red, green, blue channels
		rmoMap textures/korriban/k_ceiling_s0.tga

// if you have a specular texture with glossiness in the alpha channel use:
		// specMap textures/korriban/k_ceiling_s0.tga
	}
	{
		map $lightmap
		blendfunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
	}
} 

More info on the rend2 shaders can be found here. The liquid shader is not implemented in rend2 though.

Bad Dancer likes this