Location of melee damage tables? + Dark Forces mod updates!

Yeah, I get why they made a "sword", but in the end I'd rather just have it be a lightsaber and only available via cheat codes. That way people can have their fun, but we lock it out for the purists out there. What that means, though, is that in the end the source code will need to be modified so the fists are the starting weapon. Not a big priority now, but definitely something I wanna do. I'm even okay without force powers, but I want to hack down some back guys, too.

Good thing a good scripter can fix that for their own personal version of the DF Mod, like what I did. ;) And of course, sometimes you just wanna say "Screw playing normally, I wanna go Jack the Ripper on the enemies! :D" and just pull out a lightsaber. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I should probably look into that. My only complaint is the remapping of saber throw as a force power, but that's easily enough reverted. Is there a GitHub link to the JA Enhanced source? Also I think I saw your GitHub link in one of the JK threads (I think it's funny you guys call it DF2 -- I'm old school so it's JK to me). Is it the /DT85/OpenJK link?

Also, just to let everyone know, I'll probably hold off with source code mods until I get the content mods I want to do for DF done. Don't want to spread myself too thin.

I have created a Fork Megathread to answer that question for you.

I have created a Fork Megathread to answer that question for you.

Thanks much. For now I'm waiting on source changes. I've had nothing but problems getting OpenJK to actually build in Visual Studio 2015. It's incredibly frustrating as I know the community wants me to use it but I had better luck with the original code with a few mods to it.
Jrue likes this