WeaponsHD - Guns and Lightsabers

This first post will be updated throughout my process with model showcases from Sketchfab and possibly some new informations with time! The old one and the SabersHD joint plan with AshuraDX won't really happen. He's commenting on my work throughout it all but other than that, I'm working alone now and should be able to complete this by myself!

The WeaponsHD Project
By Rooxon

...and this time, for real!

Last post update: November 12th 2016

​Concepts for Singles pack now finalized!

You all know me well by now so let's cut to the chase right away. I'm a freelance model and texture artist who joined you two years ago. Being completely silent for the past year, I was actually learning how to wrestle with life - the hardest thing we all gotta learn eventually. But things have calmed down a bit now and I'm finding more and more motivation I'd like to spend with modeling for this community! So, I kinda look at my old models and even though some deem them good, I see only rubbish. That's why I will restart the project and complete it with careful thinking and endless restarted routines if I'll have to. Nothing less then the best is acceptable from now on! CAUSE JKA DESERVES NO LESS THAN THIS, HECK YEAH! :D *calms down*

So, the plan stays roughly the same with the addition that I'm gonna solve our problem and just recreate ALL WEAPONS IN GAME! Sabers + Guns included!

Plans/Already done:                                            (Please keep in mind I might not be doing my packs in the order written here! I'm really thrilled about seeing new guns already.)
- Update to the HD Lightsaber Blades DONE
- The Outcast (Kyle's Lightsaber) DONE
- The Stinger (Reborn Lightsaber) DONE
- The Prodigal Son (Luke's Lightsaber) DONE
- The Sith Pack (Tavion's, Alora's, Rosh's and Desann's lightsabers + Sith Sword and Scepter) DONE
- Single Lightsabers
- Staff Lightsabers
- Throwables pack
- Guns pack

Sketchfab showcase:

Veteran Lightsaber Lowpoly by Rooxon on Sketchfab

Additional concepts section:
So as some of you might remember, I had an idea to expand the original selection of hilts up to 15 singles and 15 staff hilts. Zefilus was creating the concepts for me by himself back then and we got into contact once more; Hopefully, he'll keep helping me out. But there was already a few VERY nice concepts chosen to be made from back then, so I'll post them all here and we can talk about them whether they still fit in or whether they should be replaced with better ones.

Single sabers:

- Single_10 - The Veteran

singlesaberguard_zdesign2014.jpg

- Single_11 - The Descendant

Untitled.jpg

- Single_12 - The Rebonder

Untitled.jpg

- Single_13 - The Neo

Untitled.jpg

- Single_14 - The Lightkatana

Untitled.jpg

- Single_15 - The Raven

d00a626b56d76138a8eec182.png

Staff sabers:

- Dual_6 - The Marauder

two_handed_zdesignsaber2014_b.jpg

- Dual_7 - The Arbitrator

singlesaber_zdesignsaber2014_3.jpg

- Dual_8 - The Black Phantom

3abdf5c15dc5bcf9ba664a52.png

- Dual_9 - The White Valkyrie

683e339410e2060ee2f03a76.png

- Dual_10 - The Orobouros

5a7397640342af290171e126.png

Files from the restarted project:

Files from the outdated project:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1921-mixed-sabers-pack-rooxon39s-weaponshd/

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2167-dual-sabers-pack-rooxon39s-weaponshd/

Torki, z3filus, Maksman and 6 others like this

@@ensiform Yes the idea for my weapons back in april 2014 was exactly for it to be used in JK:Enhanced which means they will have vanilla game AND JK:Enhanced support! Which is also why this topic is inside the JK:Enhanced category (or section)! :)

Those saber recreations look gorgeous. And the new concepts look great. I especially like Arbitrator concept and the Veteran looks very interesting. Will you play around with 3-bladed sabers, like Kylo's? Great work here.

Depends, @zefilus is my Director of Concept Management. :P No seriously, I'm just saying "yes" or "no" to the concepts, actually I'm interested in this question as well @@therfiles ! In a certain aspect, we could tribute the last open position in the singles to a saber that kinda resembles Kylo Ren's, but, I read a bit about him. He hasn't got a "3 bladed saber" per se, more like two "venting-emitters" which need to let out the additional unneeded energy because he's using a cracked lightsaber crystal - which is also why the blade looks unstable! So, we need to keep this in mind! :)

EDIT: Gosh I can't link zefilus in on this because of his wierd F -.-

therfiles likes this

Okay, well I'll be continuing these hilts as soon as I finish a few requests I promised to do. Next in line are the Kotor Saber update, Scout Blaster and two or three hilts from my thread and one from my PMs. (got tons of them lol, it's nice to see you all want to see this variety of things in JKA but I'm a single human being! :P lol I probably won't be finished with all of them not even in one year's time. xD)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Okay, well I'll be continuing these hilts as soon as I finish a few requests I promised to do. Next in line are the Kotor Saber update, Scout Blaster and two or three hilts from my thread and one from my PMs. (got tons of them lol, it's nice to see you all want to see this variety of things in JKA but I'm a single human being! :P lol I probably won't be finished with all of them not even in one year's time. xD)

Kotor Sabers!? Ohhhh, I want that one. :D

the_raven likes this

Kotor Sabers!? Ohhhh, I want that one. :D

Someone actually made the 'proper' kotor sabers (Bastila's, Malak's, Revan's, Freedon Nadd's) that didn't use the kotor models. Someone also made Juhani's and Jolee's sabers. The first four can be found at mrwonko's, the last two are in a Kotor Pack on moddb

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Someone actually made the 'proper' kotor sabers (Bastila's, Malak's, Revan's, Freedon Nadd's) that didn't use the kotor models. Someone also made Juhani's and Jolee's sabers. The first four can be found at mrwonko's, the last two are in a Kotor Pack on moddb

I actually STILL have that kotor saber pack in my spare harddrive! :D

the_raven likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rooxon.

You work excellent!

I saw the sword Kanan,please,you could not make a saber Ezra Bridger?

914745bb3dec.png

I'll answer you just for the sake of... well I don't know but I'm having a good day. This weapon was already requested and is on my "interesting" list, which means I plan on doing it, which means I'll probably do it soon.

But please, let's not get offtopic. This is no "request" thread and I won't be taking up anymore from the point onward when I posted in the request thread and asked AshuraDX to close it. Feel free to ask me via PM but I'll probably create things that I deem interesting enough to make.

• 3 months later...

@@Rooxon

Hey pal i forgot about it as i think you do :P but maybe can you do the first training saber sword from Swtor? :)

Don't know, maybe if it's on my to-do list. Let's keep this topic for WeaponsHD only, please. If you've got any concepts to show me or talk about the packs, you're very welcome.. You can ask me all those other things on discord or here via pm

GPChannel likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

@@Rooxon  Might you consider making high quality (and view model) versions of the tusken rifle + staff + the noghri stick?

Might allow for some interesting new gameplay if those weapons could become usable in the future.

I already did that in the old pack. :D Well, I'm not satisfied with them now and how they could look like but they're pretty good imo. EDIT: it just occured to me, that you probably want me to do a full port like for other weapons, right?