FM3RE v1.02 release information - FM3RE link removal from JKHub

Hello friends & fellow sith,

For those who may not already know, the link for FM3RE at JKHub has recently been removed, and unfortunately, I do not think that FM3RE will be seeing another release over here, but that is okay.

FM3RE's initial and v1.01 releases fulfilled their purpose already, which was to make the extended JKIII community aware of FM3RE's existence.

And, moreover, I think that we proved FM3's relevance. Had FM3RE not been taken down from the JKHub site, the mod would still be gathering downloads today, which would have accounted to well over 200 downloads as of now.

FM3RE was taken down from JKHub for the following supposed reasons:
- MBII content (Main concern)
- Lack in permissions from developers to use their mods in FM3RE (Main concern) 
- Ported models from KOTOR (We got a pass on this)

Now, I could write a very long post here, but I think that it may be easier to understand what happened if you were to click the link here:
https://community.moviebattles.org/threads/mbii-content-permissions-for-fm3re-hello-mbii-community.1615/

The link for v1.01 was removed from JKHub primarily because of concerns regarding permissions. And though I do my best to give full credit for all files used, there is much more that goes into it than just that. 

Thus, after heavy contemplation, I have come to the decision that I will cease in pursuing approval for FM3RE at JKHub mostly because I just don't have the time or energy to go through the entire permissions process considering the large number of developer content used. Although this may seem like bad news, and perhaps it is, I hold no ill will against JKHub. It is the staff's job to make sure that every file uploaded meets policy standards for it to be approved and it is thanks to them that I have been allowed to continue advertising FM3RE through their forums despite its approval issues.

So, despite what seems like bad news, I am extremely satisfied with FM3RE's progress and success and I thank everyone here at JKHub who gave FM3RE a download. Additionally, I would like to say thanks to the JKHub staff for having approved the module, even if only for a short term, as well as doing their best in helping facilitate the approval process.

The JKHub staff was extremely fair and professional throughout this affair.

We did great work my friends, and we should be proud of that. I am extremely satisfied with FM3RE's progress and we all have something to be proud of in the project's success. 

Also, this being the focusing point of this update post, I am very happy to announce that FM3RE will be getting its next, and possibly final update, with v1.02 very soon.
If you would like a sneak peek at what v1.02 will have to offer, check out this link:

http://www.phrgempire.com/aboutfm3re.htm

FM3RE v1.02 is planned to release on 4/1/2016 (April Fools' Day) but no worries, I am not trying to trick anybody haha things just worked out like that  :sun:

I will keep this post updated and share the link come this Friday.

In closing, FM3RE, as is such with all FM3 modules developed by the VHRG Empire, will continue to be available for download, for free, on my website to be enjoyed by the community  :winkthumb:

I apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience in downloading the file (with having to go to a different website and all) and once again thank you all so much for your support for FM3RE I really appreciate it.

As always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

Happy April Fools' Day my friends & fellow sith, ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor v1.02 has finally arrived  :sun:

Here is a link to the page where you can attain FM3RE v1.02, which will quite possibly be FM3RE's final update:

**LINK REMOVED - PLEASE CHECK FM3RE v2.00 POST**

You can also download FM3RE v1.02 from the links provided on my website's main page, download page, or forums!

ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor (FM3RE) is an immersive and innovative mod by the VHRG Empire for the award winning Jedi Knight Jedi Academy (JKIII) game that any Star Wars fan could enjoy.

FM3RE represents my vision for what FM3 should be, that is, a mod which combines elements from the Main Canon (The Movies, The CW, etc.) and the Expanded Universe (now known as Legends Canon) into one complete package.

Although FM3RE has technically only been in development for 3 years, the vision of FM3RE has been in development since the formation of my clan in 2006.

Thus, after 10 years in the making, ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor has finally arrived...

Players can choose from 29 unique classes in 6 different Factions:
  - JEDI: Warden, Aurorian, Sentinel, Ancient One
  - SITH: Cardinal, Zealot, Crypt Guardian, Dark Sage
  - MERC: Mandalorian, Bounty Hunter, HotShot, Commando
  - MILITARY: Stormtrooper, Spacetrooper, Clonetrooper, Royal Guard, Scout, ARC Trooper
  - SPECIES: Wookiee, Tusken Raider, Noghri Warrior, Yuuzhan Vong, Gungan
  - DROID: Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Droideka, Assassin, Darktrooper

Players also have access to:
  - Level 4 Force powers, combine Light & Dark sides, Charged powers, 5 new force ranks
  - Merc gadgets: Jetpack, Cloaking, Dual Pistols, Flame Gauntlet, Radar, Camouflage, and more...
  - Model Scaling, Class-based Model System, Bot Class support
  - Includes Tchouky's Advanced RGB Sabers
  - And much, much more...

Based off of the popular ForceMod III - Return of the Sith by Azymn, the ultimate ForceMod III module awaits you.

FM3RE Has Awakened...

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. 
ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Please enjoy ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor (FM3RE) and, as always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am..."
Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello friends & fellow sith, I hope you guys are enjoying FM3RE v1.02 thus far!

If you haven't had the chance to try it out yet, please give it a download and let me know what you guys think!

I may not have not mentioned this earlier, but v1.02 is undoubtedly the definitive version of FM3RE so if you have downloaded a previous version and have not yet tried out v1.02, I strongly suggest you do so!

Also, very glad to see you again Jeff. I hope your enjoying the new mod thus far, let me know what you think of it sometime!

As always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the mod but haven't had the time to check it out. I'm gonna try it out this weekend for sure.

Glad to hear that man, let me know what you think of it whenever you have the time!

Constructive criticism is always welcome, further updates may not be completely out of the question  :sun:

May the force be with you man,

Blackwyrm

I can never find the server..or any for that matter in the FM3 section.

Good to see you again Zeros, I'm glad to see that you're giving v1.02 a shot!

Sorry you are still unable to find a server. While my clan (VHRG) does run a server part-time, which is fun because it makes it easier for us to play a few matches with each other now and then, without the hassle of running a server full-time, we obviously run the downside of it only being up part-time. Both ways of running a server have their own pros and cons.

I told you in a previous thread something along these same lines, and I had hoped that perhaps FM3RE would pick up enough traction to where players would run their own servers, but this has unfortunately not been the case. And I don't think that this is the fault of the players, or of the quality of the mod, it is simply because JKIII is old haha but that's ok!

There are 75 high-quality, challenging bots included in v1.02 for players to face off against in the case of there being no servers up, I encourage you to test them out sometime.

The reason I put so much time and energy into these bots was for just the sort of case where there may be no servers up, and no one around the player for LAN play. I personally believe that LAN play is the best way to play FM3RE, and is actually my preference, especially with the inclusion of UFMC.

Anyways, I hope you're enjoying FM3RE v1.02 and wish you the best in terms of finding players to match up with.

May the force be with you Zeros,

Blackwyrm