A couple of weird bugs with some vehicles

I'm using OpenJK, but I remember these to happen in the normal JA too (but these don't happen in MP).

The first one regards the walker NPCs, it looks like they're a little bit bugged in SP, when you move the camera, the walker's head doesn't move, but the walker itself does in a...um...let's call it "weird way"

The second regards some vehicles (I remember only the ARC-170 and the AT-AT) that should shoot from the front, where the cannons are, but instead they shoot from the right!

I'm not sure if someone found a fix, but I hope so.

fkdSfUY.png5za1ll6.png

SP doesn't have the support for these vehicles, even the AT-ST if you spawn it using the code you'd use in MP you'll get a walker that doesn't work right at all. The SP and MP games use 2 different engines, the code isn't the same, the games have these features but they're not good, I just mod SWBF2 when I wanna make something like this now.

GLTh3Pr0 likes this

SP doesn't have the support for these vehicles, even the AT-ST if you spawn it using the code you'd use in MP you'll get a walker that doesn't work right at all. The SP and MP games use 2 different engines, the code isn't the same, the games have these features but they're not good, I just mod SWBF2 when I wanna make something like this now.

Damn....

Have you got any idea about the vehicles that shoot from the right?

@@redsaurus tried to fix them for OJK but I'm not sure they're 100% perfect still.

Wait you mean that's yet in OJK or will be added? I'm using the last version of OJK. EDIT: NP I musuderstood

I think the only solution would be to fix the muzzle tags where the weapons shoot, rotating them.

They work fine in MP, so by rotating them they would stop working right in MP

I totally gave up on flight vehicles a long time ago, the dates on those files I have submitted here may only be a few years old but when they were actually released on another site was like 10 years ago.

Flying vehicles just don't work in this game, it's a waste of time.

That's an hard lesson I'm learning right now lol