Ideas for future release

erfg12

atm I'm working on 1.3.0 which will bring SQLite to the mod. I will need to test this quite a bit before I'm able to release, but in the mean time I was thinking of some other things to enhance the mod.

1) Replace cm_silence_insult_1, cm_silence_insult_2, cm_silence_insult_3, cm_silence_insult_4 with cm_insults string array.

2) Replace cm_badword1, cm_badword2, cm_badword3, cm_badword4, cm_badword5 with cm_badwords string array.

3) Replace cm_news1_time, cm_news2_time, cm_news3_time and cm_news1_content, cm_news2_content, cm_news3_content with cm_newsTicker string array with special formatting like "TIME:STRING,TIME:STRING"

Example: cm_newsTicker "15:Thanks for visiting my server!,50:Dont forget to visit our site!"

4) Restructure long cvars to be smaller.

Example: cm_allow_report_command --> cm_reportCmd

If you guys can think of anything else, reply to this thread.

So far the new in-game commands are:

/cmregister <password> - register your player name

/cmlogin <password> - login with your player name

/cmstats - show player stats in database

/cmleaderboard - show the current game type leaderboard

and the new server commands are:

/cmregister <playername> <password> - register a player name

/cmfinduser <playername> - see if a player name exists in the database and what their ID is

/cmleaderboard - see the gametype leaderboard

Smoo and Merek like this

If you are using the newest 1.3.0 beta from GitHub please be aware that the server cvars have changed. Please use the Installer/files/clanmod/server.cfg file. But, if you would like to manually change the cvars, here is a list.

- Replaced cm_badword1, cm_badword2, cm_badword3, cm_badword4, cm_badword5, cm_precoded_badwords with cm_badwords

- Replaced cm_silence_insult_1, cm_silence_insult_2, cm_silence_insult_3, cm_silence_insult_4, cm_silence_insult_5 with cm_insults

- Replaced cm_allow_chatColors with cm_chatColors

- Replaced cm_allow_jetpack_command with cm_jetpack

- Replaced cm_allow_report_command with cm_report

- Replaced cm_allow_drop_command with cm_drop

- Replaced cm_chat_protection with cm_chatProtection

- Replaced cm_enable_ForceDuel with cm_forceDuel

- Replaced cm_enable_MeleeDuel with cm_MeleeDuel

- Replaced cm_enable_NormalDuel with cm_duels

- Replaced cm_AutoProtect_timer with cm_AutoProtectTimer

- Replaced cm_allow_KnockMeDown_command with cm_KnockMeDown

- Replaced cm_starting_weapons with cm_startWeapons

- Replaced cm_allow_samePlayerNames with cm_samePlayerNames

- Replaced m_enable_grapple with cm_grapple

Added these new cvars

- cm_noServerNames

Disallows the word server in a player's name.

Next release will also have better compatibility with an x64 Linux server.

Merek likes this
  • 5 months later...

The GitHub repo has had lots of changes. Just pushed more code changes this morning.

- Removed BobaFett's download fix so it can fully work on OpenJKDed programs. (Fixed crashing)

- Finished integration with SQLite

- Added a clanmod.php file to upload to your web server to communicate with server via cURL.exe external program. (MySQL)

- Added cm_database cvar. 0 = disabled 1 = sqlite 2 = mysql.

- Added new saying commands !stats, !leaders

- Added a name check to see if a name is registered in the database upon joining game. If so, the server will send a 30 second warning to either login or change name. After 30 seconds your name will be forcefully changed.

- Added 5 second debounce time on MySQL client commands to not overwhelm the server.

- Added c_cmlogin client cvar for automatic login upon entering the server.

Most of this code has been untested, so if anyone wants to test it out that would help me quite a bit.

- GitHub Repo : https://github.com/erfg12/clanmod-jka

- Beta Download : https://github.com/erfg12/clanmod-jka/releases (both Windows and Linux x86_64 builds)

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

New commit to GitHub!

MySQL commands now act on a separate thread. (CreateThread for Windows and PThread for Linux) This keeps the main thread open to not show a "Server Disconnect" message on the center screen.

As I said before Windows will require that curl.exe file to be next to openjkded.exe but on Linux it will use the native curl command. I assume all distros using this mod will have curl. (at least people who want to use MySQL).

Also did some other minor fixes including adding a debug openjkded to the package to help debug Linux issues.