OpenJK (OSX) SDL2 Issues

elias

Howdy ya'll. Im hoping one of you fellas could help out a nub.

Ive been playing jka on my mac comfortably for a while now with a 2015 (Jan 6; v1.0.1.0) build of openjk. Now I'm trying to update to the latest released build and getting some errors when trying to run the updated openjk.app with the following error message. 

Process:               openjk.x86_64 [1572]

Path:                  /Applications/Games.localized/*/openjk.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/openjk.x86_64
Identifier:            openjk.x86_64
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           openjk.x86_64 [1572]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2016-03-17 23:17:53.267 -0600
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        C5F1778A-3DEC-B9E7-6C22-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Time Awake Since Boot: 1400 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games.localized/*/openjk.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/openjk.x86_64
  Reason: Incompatible library version: openjk.x86_64 requires version 5.0.0 or later, but libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib provides version 1.0.0

Binary Images:
    0x7fff60526000 -     0x7fff6055d007  dyld (360.19) <9D05FDF4-65CE-3B53-86D4-ABE1A5BF35F3> /usr/lib/dyld
    0x7fff915bd000 -     0x7fff915ceff7  libz.1.dylib (61.20.1) <B3EBB42F-48E3-3287-9F0D-308E04D407AC> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
    0x7fff944b0000 -     0x7fff944befff  com.apple.opengl (12.0.40 - 12.0.40) <D37D88AE-0731-3105-99AB-984DA9B9BCE6> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL

I've been trying to figure out a solution, updating my SDL to the latest build, manually entering and creating a "/usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib", finding the libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib file online. (High probability theres compatibility issues off the bat?)

I found a similar post at the JAWA forums found here: https://thejawaclan.com/topic/40423-upgraded-to-el-capitan-cant-run-jka/

Eezstreet had posted a link to github and there is a SDL directory there with lib files but I don't know where to put them, IF that even is the solution he was referencing to?

Does anyone know a proper fix for this? Ive helped a few people get jka set up on macs and they had the same problems. I just refer them to older builds of openjk which seems to work fine. An ELI5 would be much appreciated!

Also, I notice that my v1.0.1.0 Jan-6/2015 openjk.app is labeled "openjk.x86.app", wheres the latest (non-working) build is named "openjk.x86_64.app". Does this make a difference and imply one being a 32bit and the other being 64? Is that actually the problem? 

Computer Specs

• Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2012
  • EI Captain
  • 2.3GHz Intel Core i7
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
  • Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB / Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Thanks!

PS: Where do screenshots and recordings save to? They're not showing up in my base folder and finder finds no results when searching for demo names etc.

Try this:

https://thejawaclan.com/topic/40385-ja-osx-mac/?do=findComment&comment=413796

I still use an older build of OpenJK due to these problems. But using the older SDL version seems to work for newer builds I think. Either way, that post I linked should resolve the issue until it's fixed by the OpenJK devs.

Also, your base folder is different in OpenJK. It's in ~/Library/Application Support/OpenJK

elias likes this

Try this:

https://thejawaclan.com/topic/40385-ja-osx-mac/?do=findComment&comment=413796

I still use an older build of OpenJK due to these problems. But using the older SDL version seems to work for newer builds I think. Either way, that post I linked should resolve the issue until it's fixed by the OpenJK devs.

Also, your base folder is different in OpenJK. It's in ~/Library/Application Support/OpenJK

Awesome this cleared it all up for me. Is this known to the mods? Most assume to download the latest build right away and with the conflicting SDL versions its a bit of a hassle to figure out.

Edit: Used their latest working version of openjk and mentioned in the post but this version will not load japlus servers, screen goes blank for a minute and then I'm brought back to my desktop with no error message. Reverting back to the January 6, 2015 build solves this issue for me. I don't use any other mods like japlus, and play mainly base, but a build that works fine on all fronts ill go with I suppose. :)

According to the readme.

To Install:

Copy the SDL2.framework to /Library/Frameworks

You may alternatively install it in <Your home directory>/Library/Frameworks 
if your access privileges are not high enough. 

So I replaced the .framework to the latest version as you said, SDL2-2.0.4 and tried both with the LATEST release, which still gave the same error as my first post. Then with the build mentioned on JAWA forums but still cannot join a japlus server. Same results.  -_-

Are you able to join vanilla servers? Try joining de.jk3.in

Are you using the JA+ client or just trying to join it with OpenJK?

de.jk3.in loaded fine with March 22'nd 2015 build. (As recommended on jaws forum) Disconnecting and trying to connect to a JAWA server crashes though. Has this got to do with 'pure' servers then?

Im only using openjk, I do not want/have japlus installed.

The few pk3's in my base folder are a couple maps and jk2 character sounds so it shouldn't be a problem with conflicting files, as its worked fine before updating openjk.

Another nub question, and maybe I totally missed it but I've been looking for a feature log for each openjk release. Is there any documentation showing specific features in build releases? I know theres a /minimize feature in one of these versions which is really all I want.

No there isn't as there are no actual releases.  Pure server maybe causing something but it shouldn't be related to SDL (?)  IIRC if the openjk build is truly x86_64 you would not be able to use JA+ anyway which is only universal for ppc and x86.

Ive made a quick little video showing the effects of each build mentioned. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TIpzDRr4VA

Normally I play fullscreen at native resolution but went windowed mode for the sake of the recording and got an error trying to load up a japlus file. This is the error log.

tty console mode disabled
OpenJK-MP: v1.0.1.0 macosx-x86 Mar 22 2015
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/base
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/[RGB_Skins].pk3 (128 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/t3home2.pk3 (304 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/sunra.pk3 (6 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/show7_skins_v1.pk3 (66 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/Restored Sounds.pk3 (1324 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/mapTrickArena.pk3 (384 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/mapRaceArena_BETA.pk3 (240 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/hothclothes.pk3 (23 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets6.pk3 (29 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets3.pk3 (16 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base

----------------------
26248 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
execing openjk.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
----- Initializing Renderer ----
Trying to load "rd-vanilla_x86.dylib" from "/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS"...
QKEY found.
SDL using driver "cocoa"
Initializing display
Display aspect: 1.600
...setting mode -1: 2048 1280
Using 24 color bits, 16 depth, 8 stencil display.
Available modes: '1280x800 1440x900 1680x1050 2048x1280 2560x1600 2880x1800 640x480 800x600 1024x768'
GL_RENDERER: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc available
...no tc preference specified
.....using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic available
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
...using GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array not found
...GL_NV_register_combiners not found

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_VERSION: 2.1 NVIDIA-10.8.14 310.42.15f01
GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 8

PIXELFORMAT: color(24-bits) Z(16-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: -1, 2048 x 1280 fullscreen hz:60
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: multiple glArrayElement
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
picmip: 0
texture bits: 32
lightmap texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: disabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
compressed lightmaps: disabled
texture compression method: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
anisotropic filtering: disabled Dynamic Glow: disabled
Display refresh set to 60

------- sound initialization -------
SDL_Init( SDL_INIT_AUDIO )... OK
SDL audio driver is "coreaudio".
SDL_AudioSpec:
Format: AUDIO_S16LSB
Freq: 44100
Samples: 1024
Channels: 2
Starting SDL audio callback...
SDL audio initialized.
----- Sound Info -----
1 stereo
32768 samples
16 samplebits
1 submission_chunk
44100 speed
0x7b3df400 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------
------------------------------------

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
Sys_LoadGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
VM_Create: uix86.dylib succeeded
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
IP: 192.168.1.67 (en0)
Opening IP socket: localhost:29070
]minimize
]minimize
Requesting servers from the master masterjk3.ravensoft.com (104.40.23.123:29060)...
CL_ServersResponsePacket
111 servers parsed (total 111)
CL_ServersResponsePacket
111 servers parsed (total 222)
CL_ServersResponsePacket
38 servers parsed (total 260)
251 servers listed in browser with 628 players.
9 servers not listed due to filters, packet loss, invalid info, or pings higher than 800
Requesting motd from update updatejk3.ravensoft.com (104.40.23.123:29061)...
108.178.55.25:29070 resolved to 108.178.55.25:29070
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus
/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/base
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/[RGB_Skins].pk3 (128 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/t3home2.pk3 (304 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/sunra.pk3 (6 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/show7_skins_v1.pk3 (66 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/Restored Sounds.pk3 (1324 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/mapTrickArena.pk3 (384 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/mapRaceArena_BETA.pk3 (240 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/hothclothes.pk3 (23 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets6.pk3 (29 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets3.pk3 (16 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/base

handle 1: video/ja01.roq
handle 2: music/t2_dpred/ImpBaseB_Action.mp3
----------------------
26248 files in pk3 files

WARNING: You are missing some files referenced by the server:
japlus/japlus_sabers.pk3
japlus/jampgame_mac.pk3
japlus/jampgamex86.pk3
japlus/efx_MOD.pk3
japlus/clientPlugin_v1.4beta3.pk3
base/z_arnpcs.pk3
base/zzz_maps.pk3
base/Zelda_TC_Weapons.pk3
base/Yamato_v_1.0.pk3
base/wizardstick.pk3
base/UE.pk3
saber.pk3
pack-server.pk3
base/training_saber.pk3
base/Spectre_Phantom_Hilt_Pack.pk3
base/shoop_da_whoop.pk3
base/saber_yesh.pk3
base/saber_WolfMia.pk3
base/saber_veil.pk3
base/saber_sky.pk3
base/saber_pie.pk3
base/saber_lpion.pk3
base/saber_kraven.pk3
base/saber_kor.pk3
base/saber_koori.pk3
base/saber_kom.pk3
base/saber_jot.pk3
base/saber_jaden.pk3
base/saber_isaac.pk3
base/saber_droidstaff.pk3
base/saber_drakseye_v2.pk3
base/saber_dmc.pk3
base/saber_dem.pk3
base/saber_deci.pk3
base/saber_coke.pk3
base/Rossak.pk3
base/red_queen.pk3
base/Obi-saber.pk3
base/npcsabers.pk3
base/Mini.pk3
Ties.pk3
base/krav_BLORG.pk3
base/killer.pk3
base/halo_sword.pk3
base/halei_sithsaber.pk3
base/halei_onasi.pk3
base/halei_mara.pk3
base/halei_first_sword.pk3
base/halei_e3anakin.pk3
base/halYou might not be able to join the game
Go to the setting menu to turn on autodownload, or get the file elsewhere

GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

Sys_LoadGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
VM_Create: uix86.dylib failed!
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
VM_CreateLegacy: uix86.dylib failed!
ERROR: VM_CreateLegacy on ui failed

Sys_LoadGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
VM_Create: uix86.dylib failed!
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/openjk.x86.app/Contents/MacOS/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/Games.localized/Jedi Academy/japlus/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
Sys_LoadLegacyGameDll(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib) failed: "Failed loading /Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/OpenJK/base/uix86.dylib, 6): image not found"
VM_CreateLegacy: uix86.dylib failed!
recursive error after: VM_CreateLegacy on ui failed

Note: That looks like it's searching for the 32 bit libraries and failing. What Mac do you have? (Sorry if you answered this, I skimmed over the thread)

EDIT: Yep, I'm ignorant :) As far as I know, OpenJK only supports Intel x86_64 Macs. This is also the only machine I can develop JA++ for if you have tried that.

I don't think there's much we can do about it.

Another nub question, and maybe I totally missed it but I've been looking for a feature log for each openjk release. Is there any documentation showing specific features in build releases? I know theres a /minimize feature in one of these versions which is really all I want.

Either the commit log on GitHub, or the (occasionally manually updated) changelog may be of interest.

In general, each commit will trigger a new build. I believe new builds are uploaded either nightly or each week (assuming the buildbot isn't broken)

Awesome! the changelog is what I was looking for!  ^_^

Okay cool, I noticed there was a discrepancy between 32 and 64bit between builds in the filename alone. Im not a superstar code wizard but I thought it looked funny. Okay so then I suppose I'm stuck with the January 6 /2015 build then eh? 

Also, I notice that my v1.0.1.0 Jan-6/2015 openjk.app is labeled "openjk.x86.app", wheres the latest (non-working) build is named "openjk.x86_64.app". Does this make a difference and imply one being a 32bit and the other being 64? Is that actually the problem? 

So, for the record, Intel x86_64 = 32bit?

I know for sure, according to apple that my system is the standard equivalent of 64bit. How is it that an older build works on 64bit and a later release only 32?

uBCZx.png

x86_64 is definitely 64 bit. The naming of packages was or maybe is now incorrect. The name of the .app folder itself is not exactly a telltale way to know for sure if it's a 32 or 64 bit build. If one is 64 bit and trying to load 32 bit dylibs that's simply not going to work as it's impossible to mix architectural differences in processes and it's shared objects.

Hmm.. Okay so from what I understand..

My Mac is 64 bit.

Open JK is 64bit.

JA++ (which I'm now trying out with openjk and getting errors. PK3's load fine but features don't function such as invisible duellers, /minimize, new scoreboard, etc.) is 64bit

mBHm6nA.jpg

That looks like it's searching for the 32 bit libraries and failing

I don't think there's much we can do about it.

So why is it apparently trying to search for 32bit libraries? Im no programmer but this does not compute :P

Why not use that older build I linked, since it seems to work, according to your video? I link to the version of JA++ that I use as well. Everything works for me no matter what server I join.

I've stopped pointing people to OpenJK on Mac because of all this though. You want to just go back to using vanilla by using JKJALaunch.

elias likes this

Oddly enough, I've personally confirmed OpenJK/JA++ to work perfectly by compiling it myself and installing SDL2 via homebrew. Only tested on 3 fresh Macbook airs from 2013 onwards. I don't use the .app and I just copied the assets to /Users/name/games/jka/

Thanks Circa, I didn't see a builds list on the ja++ site so only the latest release didn't seem to work. This older build is working perfectly!

Oddly enough, I've personally confirmed OpenJK/JA++ to work perfectly by compiling it myself and installing SDL2 via homebrew. Only tested on 3 fresh Macbook airs from 2013 onwards. I don't use the .app and I just copied the assets to /Users/name/games/jka/

Strange, I think I installed SDL2 via homebrew correctly.. (Open terminal and paste 'brew install sdl')

I don't know why this latest build hates my system but at least an older build gets along nicely. Ill take it as a win.

You don't use the openjk.app launcher? What instead?

Well.. would you look at that. More mystery errors!

Jacks-MacBook-Pro:~ Jack$ brew install sdl2

Warning: sdl2-2.0.4 already installed, it's just not linked

Edit: Fixed with 'brew link sdl2'

Will attempt to try latest builds again :)

EDIT AGAIN: LATEST OPENJK WORKING! :D

ANOTHER EDIT LOL: LATEST BUILD OF JA++ WORKING! Dylib files need to be placed in japlus folder with the pk3's, not in a separate folder as its downloaded.

For future reference mac owners, install Homebrew. Then, in terminal, type 

brew install sdl2

If it says its installed, but not linked type...

brew link sdl2

Dragging and dropping the sdl2 framework into the framework directory alone won't work!

Circa likes this

You don't use the openjk.app launcher? What instead?

He means the JKA app. He just uses the assets that are found inside the app and uses OpenJK.app.

Nope, I build OpenJK myself with "-DMakeApplicationBundles=Off" and run the "openjk.x86_64" binary directly so I don't deal with this multi-arch .app file/folder fuckery that everyone seems to have issues with.

In other words, I treat my Mac as if it's running Linux and everything just works :P

My process is like this:

1. Copy GameData from a Windows installation

2. brew install sdl2

3. build openjk as above then copy openjk.x86_64 into this new 'gamedata' folder

4. ./openjk.x86_64 +set fs_game "japlus"

5. ???

6. Profit

Literally no other steps involving copying things around, using any .apps or bundles or anything.