Clone trooper Phase 2 armor

i've just submitted a ashura clone trooper soundpack addon to jkhub, awaiting approval or denial

@ Well we can't just release soundpacks like that. Thats why we have a soundpack thread

Also I'm not particularly comfortable releasing it only under your name, I did a lot of work on it aswell. I understand credits but its the title of author being individualized I think the best way for this to release is with Ashura's clone in an update with both our names credited and in the thread.

Well we can't just release soundpacks like that. Thats why we have a soundpack thread

Also I'm not particularly comfortable releasing it only under your name, I did a lot of work on it aswell. I understand credits but its the title of author being individualized I think the best way for this to release is with Ashura's clone in an update with both our names credited and in the thread.

do not worry, i credited you and ashura, its okay to upload due to the modified npc and sounds.cfg in it, i pm'd ashura and he said i could feel free to release it seperately, as he didn't know when he would get back to the clone model, and i pm'd eezstreet as well, making sure it was okay to upload, and he said it should be fine

• 3 months later...

Clone skinners assemble! @@Barricade24 @@JAWSFreelao

I started remodeling the game model for my clone. This will result in different UV maps.

I'm doing this to decrease the strain it put on the game engine which will in turn give me a budget for Accessories and other Helmets.

This is your chance to suggest any wishes you had for changes on my model.

yeyo JK, Seven and Circa like this

I started remodeling the game model for my clone. This will result in different UV maps.

I'm doing this to decrease the strain it put on the game engine which will in turn give me a budget for Accessories and other Helmets.

I noticed that while working on the shoulder pad that it isn't entirely straight so when I try to skin a straight line on it, it always comes out crooked on one side. I'd really like to see that fixed. Most of the helmet stuff seems fine to me so I have no comment on that matter. Also is it a possibility we can get separate texture options for the individual belt packs so they don't all mirror the same texture?

0mCveLn.png

Hey, my skins starting to look pretty goo-

In seriousness, accessory request

EGzWpxv.png

swegmaster likes this

I noticed that while working on the shoulder pad that it isn't entirely straight so when I try to skin a straight line on it, it always comes out crooked on one side. I'd really like to see that fixed. Most of the helmet stuff seems fine to me so I have no comment on that matter. Also is it a possibility we can get separate texture options for the individual belt packs so they don't all mirror the same texture?

can you show an example for this line problem?

I'll unwrap the shoulder pad differently then but I
I'm afraid there is no "perfect" way to make it work, you'll either get cuts in the unwrap which you'd have to deal with or funny distortion - to me neither of them is a problem since I paint in 3d space straight onto the model.

I can do that for the belt packs

0mCveLn.png

Hey, my skins starting to look pretty goo-

In seriousness, accessory request

EGzWpxv.png

I'm not going to deal with accessory requests just yet, this version of the clnoe model will be "exactly" what I released before, just far more optimized with less room for clipping

Yeah, those polycounts are pretty high but they're about the same as the AT-ST. The crashing when shooting is because the game uses the lowest detail LOD to compute collision and if you either don't make LOD's or your LOD's don't reduce enough detail then this will happen. When I made LOD's for my AT-ST that had this problem it was no longer there, this was in both base JASP and JK2SP.

Archangel35757 likes this

Yeah, those polycounts are pretty high but they're about the same as the AT-ST. The crashing when shooting is because the game uses the lowest detail LOD to compute collision and if you either don't make LOD's or your LOD's don't reduce enough detail then this will happen. When I made LOD's for my AT-ST that had this problem it was no longer there, this was in both base JASP and JK2SP.

LODs didn't help me, I had a reduction to 25% vertex count on the lowest of my LODs

scrolling back and reading thorugh this thread would also have revealed that :P

can you show an example for this line problem?

I'll unwrap the shoulder pad differently then but I

I'm afraid there is no "perfect" way to make it work, you'll either get cuts in the unwrap which you'd have to deal with or funny distortion - to me neither of them is a problem since I paint in 3d space straight onto the model.

The line on the texture is completely straight and yet on the model, it is clearly uneven.

HIII DUDES!!!

@AshuraDX

some time ago i try to make a skin for 327th Star Corps clones with ur model, edited by @JAWSFreelao in its version of Phase 2 Coruscant Guard 1.0 :winkthumb:

the only problem is that these 327 clones use props nd pauldrons :  would be great in the future we can have these accessories, including helmet visor for commander bly, or any peculiar clone ;) well, take a look...

P8m8C6Q.jpg

Kualan, Balt, Torki and 1 other like this

HIII DUDES!!!

@AshuraDX

some time ago i try to make a skin for 327th Star Corps clones with ur model, edited by @JAWSFreelao in its version of Phase 2 Coruscant Guard 1.0 :winkthumb:

the only problem is that these 327 clones use props nd pauldrons : would be great in the future we can have these accessories, including helmet visor for commander bly, or any peculiar clone ;) well, take a look...

P8m8C6Q.jpg

Just frankenstein it over onto this model.
gree and yeyo JK like this