Clone trooper Phase 2 armor

Okay, think I've found the problem (again?)! Any Ghoul2 model attached to the model also counts towards the limit. For example, if your model is holding a saber, you would add another numSurfaces*4 + numVertes*20 for that extra model. Does that bring the numbers over the limit?

I was having problems with this as well. I noticed if I deleted the head and recompiled they ran fine and realized it was just too many tris. I think around 6000 was the limit I had came to, while having multiple of them ingame at once to getting stable gameplay. I fixed it in two ways... first, I just reduced tri count on everything to well under 6000... then... any characters for my mod that I wanted to look real nice up close, over 6000 tris, fight you in a more one-on-one environment. So say my high detailed heavy rodian... you would fight him almost one on one so you can savor the high details... and save it from crashing. Then the ones placed randomly in the map can be lower resolutions because youre in a more fast paced environment and dont have time to savor the details. Just ideas to kick around... maybe have one for show and one for performance, but the performance one needs to come way down in tris (most likely ruining your uvs)

=(

Sorry man that sucks

Edit: check the dismemberment too... if i recall that would crash them as well

I was having problems with this as well. I noticed if I deleted the head and recompiled they ran fine and realized it was just too many tris. I think around 6000 was the limit I had came to, while having multiple of them ingame at once to getting stable gameplay. I fixed it in two ways... first, I just reduced tri count on everything to well under 6000... then... any characters for my mod that I wanted to look real nice up close, over 6000 tris, fight you in a more one-on-one environment. So say my high detailed heavy rodian... you would fight him almost one on one so you can savor the high details... and save it from crashing. Then the ones placed randomly in the map can be lower resolutions because youre in a more fast paced environment and dont have time to savor the details. Just ideas to kick around... maybe have one for show and one for performance, but the performance one needs to come way down in tris (most likely ruining your uvs)

=(

Sorry man that sucks

tris are not a problem

vertex count is

and I still have a trick up my sleeve that might help me here - custom normals instead of split normals should reduce the amount of edgesplits

EDIT: aaaaaah, that felt good....

so that seems to have fixed my problems

Sweet, glad to hear the minds of JKHub were able to resolve it. I'm curious if you're considering making the higher-quality model available too (perhaps as an optional file?) for those who want to use it for MP exclusively, or with OpenJK?

Sweet, glad to hear the minds of JKHub were able to resolve it. I'm curious if you're considering making the higher-quality model available too (perhaps as an optional file?) for those who want to use it for MP exclusively, or with OpenJK?

that's planned, yes

Kualan likes this

Whatd you do?

I made a few hard egdes soft by merging the vertex normals, I tried editing their angles a little to get nicer shading with mixed results.

Faces are exploded/detached along hard edges, which duplicates vertices in these spots decreasing the number of hard edges saved me 400 vertices.

@@Raz0r ah, yes good old times :D Any chance you still have the portal mod code stuff?

Daniel likes this

Neat. Anyway, back to the clone!

All I need before I deem him ready for a first release would be Sounds, since stormtrooper sounds seem a little unfitting and botfiles which I'll set up really quick later

Neat. Anyway, back to the clone!

All I need before I deem him ready for a first release would be Sounds, since stormtrooper sounds seem a little unfitting and botfiles which I'll set up really quick later

There is a whole set of them on the Star Wars soundboard

There is a whole set of them on the Star Wars soundboard

I have a few clips from stars wars battlefront 2 and the voice actors don't match.

Temuera morrison voiced the clones in battlefront, battlefront 2 and republic commando. He also portrayed them and Jango in the prequels.

if anyone could get me some clips from republic commando that'd be great!

I really need some pain sounds atm all I have right now is random "for the republic/chancellor" shouts

I made a few hard egdes soft by merging the vertex normals, I tried editing their angles a little to get nicer shading with mixed results.

Faces are exploded/detached along hard edges, which duplicates vertices in these spots decreasing the number of hard edges saved me 400 vertices.

@@Raz0r ah, yes good old times :D Any chance you still have the portal mod code stuff?

I also want to fix the vertex normals in my high resolution model, because I have that error when I shoot to my model. I visited the following website and it seems that here found the solution using this vertex Editor: https://www.blend4web.com/en/article/131/. The problem is that this Editor works with Blender 2.74, and I use Blender 2.64 because I export from this version with the Jedi Academy Plugin Suite v0.2.2.

What do you recommend?

I have a few clips from stars wars battlefront 2 and the voice actors don't match.

Temuera morrison voiced the clones in battlefront, battlefront 2 and republic commando. He also portrayed them and Jango in the prequels.

if anyone could get me some clips from republic commando that'd be great!

I really need some pain sounds atm all I have right now is random "for the republic/chancellor" shouts

Well I think that there are multiple clone voices right? Could make more sounds for troops

I also want to fix the vertex normals in my high resolution model, because I have that error when I shoot to my model (and dies). I visited the following website and it seems that here found the solution using this vertex Editor: https://www.blend4web.com/en/article/131/. The problem is that this Editor works with Blender 2.74, and I use Blender 2.64 because I export from this version with the Jedi Academy Plugin Suite v0.2.2.

What do you recommend?

I don't use blender, sorry can't help

@@Xycaleth -- maybe you guys should consider bumping the limit to 15k (or higher) to account for Ghoul2 weapons?

It's not that simple. Anything that is attached will contribute to the problem. That includes jetpacks, that includes (in JKG's case) armour, etc. If anything the code needs to be redesigned to avoid the problem altogether. But this still doesn't solve anything for models in JASP :P
eezstreet and Archangel35757 like this

Ok. So in the interest of Softimage...

From what I understood, vertex normals assign blending in the shading between planes... how does one.. merge vertex normals? Im envisioning overlapping vertices that you welded lol

The Republic At War mod for Empire At War is a good source for sound files - I've used it in the past for my Plo Koon release, and I'm sure they have a plethora of clone audio clips you could use.