Evolution of Darth Vader....

As many of you know Darth Vader is not just iconic Star Wars character, but he is also one that requires a LOT of people behind him to recreate in the OT and PT trilogy. I think that if we might assume a possible chance to see again Darth Vader to rise in yet one more movie (talking about SW Rogue One), I really wonder for one main thing on his design. How would he look like.

Yes this might be a stupid one or not so important, because HE is great character and so on. But for me the detail on Vader is something, that is not to miss. Since the Original Trilogy movies, we saw Darth Vader in different costumes and mostly diffrent design on his !! warning !! --> chest controls.

During IV (A New Hope), Vader has covered shoulder pads and white button on the controls, followed by few grey buttons. Something similar is in Episode III ROTS but instead of the white one it is red.

On Episodes V and VI, we see him with the red button on his left side, while the others are white. What will you choose at the end?! We never know. But I really hope, that the people in Rogue One, if they really intend to show Dart Vader in his glory once more time for all the fans will have to make a version that is (if not the same as what we see in ANH), than just a very close one. If we assume, that Vader looked like what we know from Revenge of the Sith, and his armor is now a bit older and got some damage during the time and so on, I think the red button should be (if not white as in ANH), than a "rusty" red-white one.

ROTS Vader

P1013437.jpg

ANH Vader:

anhvader_tantive.jpg

ESB/ ROTJ Vader

4.jpg

DV.jpg

So, please if you have mercy on Vader's design and want to be really close to the timeline from ROTS to ANH, If you didn't make it as in ANH, please make it so:

xUPk9H6.jpg

Śăļvõö and KyleKatarn1995 like this

Does it even really matter that much? The suit is the suit.. You're just being nitpicky. This little button (that you probably will hardly even ever notice) is a slightly different colour to another version. Oh, look! His chest plate is grey instead of black. Does it really matter?! The director's will make his look like he did in "Revenge of the Sith", because "Rogue One" is set between "Revenge of the Sith & "A New Hope". They'll deal with it, properly.. Don't worry about it.

Before The Force Unleashed I never really cared, what was with the Vader's suit. For me he always wore only one costume and only one mask, which was put on him once in the past. And never changed.

But even as a kid I couldn't ignore the fact, that the eye area was red in Episode IV and black in Episodes V-VI. Personally I thought, the completely dark appearance was far cooler than the initial one in ANH.

However TFA shows, that the costume was badly damaged, perhaps even beyond repair, so it is natural, that Vader would change and perhaps upgrade his costume. I don't know whether additional details were in stock at his private chamber, or whether someone would produce these for him upon demand of the Sith. The very creation of such an armor seemed a mystery even in the old canon: why would Palpatine keep some sort of this helmet, armor, costume, cloak, boots, etc?

When SWTOR was released, I connected that game with the known fact, that Vader's armor was based [Designers from Palpatine's team] on the old costumes, worn traditionally by the Sith of the old times. It was even mentioned somewhere, that Vader's armor had all the traditional details and specifics of a Sith armor. Maybe Palpatine new, that he would need such armor for someone one day. Maybe he had a collection of various Sith helmets and prototypes.

Before The Force Unleashed I never really cared, what was with the Vader's suit. For me he always wore only one costume and only one mask, which was put on him once in the past. And never changed.

But even as a kid I couldn't ignore the fact, that the eye area was red in Episode IV and black in Episodes V-VI. Personally I thought, the completely dark appearance was far cooler than the initial one in ANH.

However TFA shows, that the costume was badly damaged, perhaps even beyond repair, so it is natural, that Vader would change and perhaps upgrade his costume. I don't know whether additional details were in stock at his private chamber, or whether someone would produce these for him upon demand of the Sith. The very creation of such an armor seemed a mystery even in the old canon: why would Palpatine keep some sort of this helmet, armor, costume, cloak, boots, etc?

When SWTOR was released, I connected that game with the known fact, that Vader's armor was based [Designers from Palpatine's team] on the old costumes, worn traditionally by the Sith of the old times. It was even mentioned somewhere, that Vader's armor had all the traditional details and specifics of a Sith armor. Maybe Palpatine new, that he would need such armor for someone one day. Maybe he had a collection of various Sith helmets and prototypes.

That sounds great, as a child i heard from one friend (no issue to prove like books or anything and i know it is not canon), but he told me, that there was once an older brother of Darth Maul, who was the first Darth Vader with the familiar armor and deformed from the Force, but when he died his master kept the staff saber to give it to his younger brother. Years later when Palpatine came he found that saber and the hidden costume and gave the saber to Maul, later he used this armor for Anakin and made some improvements. I think now this might be just a child's story made for fun.

But back onto the topic, I really hope that the guys from Star Wars Rogue One movie (if we assume, that they are really going to have Darth Vader in this standalone movie), than he must be as much close to the desing he was shown in the first ever SW - ANH.

I think the way the Sith looks is another reason to differentiate the Lords into various categories.

Darth Maul is a pure representation of what the old Sith most likely looked like, though this is something known by Sidious, and only learnt by Maul from him. Having become a loyal and deadly shadow, he is more of an assassin, than a scheme-maker, as I see it. Such Sith perhaps were the executors of the dark orders from the masters behind the curtain. If Maul would have survived up to the events of ANH (and there would be no Dooku or Vader), the Empire itself would look very differently. It would be more like a corrupted Trade Federation with secret police, killing here and there. At least that was the impression in the beginning, when some authors suggested, that Palpatine orchestrated the invasion of Naboo to see the balance of powers in the Galaxy and whether the Trade Federation had the potential to be used as a main force to battle the enemies in the future.

And Dooku was a necessary replacement for the perished Maul. He didn't look like Sith, but actually has a resemblance to Palpatine: both wear clothes associated with their outside roles, that of a Politician and a Serenno count respectively. I think the most Galaxy Dooku as more of a leader, and perhaps only some knew his nature as a Sith, and even fewer could understand, what that actually meant for the Galaxy.

I mention Dooku and Maul here, because it's interesting to see that together with Vader all three are very dark figures. Yet there is so much contrast to them. I like the idea, that both a tattooed Darth Maul and an elegant count Dooku incorporated a lot (unbeknownst to them) into the image of Darth Vader.

dark_apprentice likes this

So, there is a rumor around the internet world, that our belvoed iconic hero Darth Vader will be returning in the first Star Wars anthology movie - Rogue One. At the moment, there is a little known idea floating around, that Vader will appear as a hologram over one of the new main characters from Roge One, however.... there is a chance, that IF Darth Vader EVER make a return into SW Rogue One movie, that he will not be only on a hologram, but also killing off some rebels with Force and Lightsaber.

What is for sure, is that if Vader really is gonna return he will be voiced by the iconic James Earl Jones, also he will have his "A New Hope" suit fully recreated. And that really makes me happy to hear!