as I solve this problem because I want to have several customizations
as

_humanoid_ani
_humanoid_dooku
_humanoid_obi
_humanoid_yoda
_humanoid_clo
_humanoid_jango

This happened because the models have more animation of what the engine's code allows.

every animation is defined and registered into the code. for adding new animation, you need also to change a lot of code entries about that.

you know what steps to fix it?

If you don't know any C/C++ coding you're probably shit out of luck.

Or maybe... try to contact Movie Duels 2 Team to ask them for help. I believe that Movie Duels 2 didnt use any sort of coding stuff

It's not easy to fix. for making something like it's very complex and over my skills.

adding animation:  for that  you need to know the name of the new animation that you added into the models or the model

and you need to add these animation into the enum char strings of the code animation. but this is not sufficient. you need also to expand the buffer for avoid overflow. also, is necessary to program the new animation because they need to match the correct player movement, bounding box, etc. mmm, very hard : \ 

editing an animation:  i suppose that give this error, because there is a mismatch between coding values parameters and the new animation that you have changed.... but i am not an expert on that. for what i know, for making custom animation to a model you need to have a GLA file, with animated skeleton framed, a rigged GLM of the model, an animation.cfg file that set the frame progression and the name of every animation included into frames intervals.

mmm, really, i not know how is possible to fix this. humanoid animation are pretty complex into JKA. your only chance is to contact some member of movie duels team or use pakscape for open the movie duels pk3 and dive on it for understand how they are structured.

check the players folder and the _humanoid folder of the movie duels assest into models folders. probably you will found your answers.

It's not easy to fix. for making something like it's very complex and over my skills.

adding animation:  for that  you need to know the name of the new animation that you added into the models or the model

and you need to add these animation into the enum char strings of the code animation. but this is not sufficient. you need also to expand the buffer for avoid overflow. also, is necessary to program the new animation because they need to match the correct player movement, bounding box, etc. mmm, very hard : \ 

editing an animation:  i suppose that give this error, because there is a mismatch between coding values parameters and the new animation that you have changed.... but i am not an expert on that. for what i know, for making custom animation to a model you need to have a GLA file, with animated skeleton framed, a rigged GLM of the model, an animation.cfg file that set the frame progression and the name of every animation included into frames intervals.

mmm, really, i not know how is possible to fix this. humanoid animation are pretty complex into JKA. your only chance is to contact some member of movie duels team or use pakscape for open the movie duels pk3 and dive on it for understand how they are structured.

check the players folder and the _humanoid folder of the movie duels assest into models folders. probably you will found your answers.

I tried to do what you mention
search the pk3 the (movie) without result
if I grabs animations, serious problem
when I put more than 4
you have to edit the limit animations to support more than 4
or something like that
I'm not sure if that's what they did in the (movie duels)

Hi Jesus,

as response to your moddb message:

I think you are starting movie duels via the mod menu in base JKA (setup --> mods), somehow to seems to fuck up the animations Wector used.

Launch it using the .bat file included in the movie duels installation and you should be fine.

Hi Jesus,

as response to your moddb message:

I think you are starting movie duels via the mod menu in base JKA (setup --> mods), somehow to seems to fuck up the animations Wector used.

Launch it using the .bat file included in the movie duels installation and you should be fine.

sorry you do not understand much what you're trying to tell me
my problem is not with the (movie duels)
the problem is with the JK3
I'm trying to use animations (movie duels) in the (JK3)
and the game get the error

UI_ParseAnimFileSet: 4 == MAX_ANIM_FILES == 4

my question is
because this doesn't happen in (movie duels)???

• 2 years later...

hi, i have a cuestion, i am using the Movie Duels 2 animations and stances, but just i wanna the animations and stances of Anakin of the missions of Attack to the jedi temple.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if someone wants to occupy the animations and stances of movie duels 2 you just have to open the MD2 folder and open with WinRAR the pk3 file called md2_assets1, go to the Models folder, then open the Players folder and move the _humanoid folder to the desktop, then you must create 2 folders, first create the folder Models on your desktop and inside it create another folder called players and inside it move the folder _humanoid to players, after that you must open a downloaded pk3 mod and open it with WinRAR and move the folder models to her and delete all the folders except the one you added and finally you close the pk3 and put it in the base folder of jedi academy.

if someone wants to occupy the animations and stances of movie duels 2 you just have to open the MD2 folder and open with WinRAR the pk3 file called md2_assets1, go to the Models folder, then open the Players folder and move the _humanoid folder to the desktop, then you must create 2 folders, first create the folder Models on your desktop and inside it create another folder called players and inside it move the folder _humanoid to players, after that you must open a downloaded pk3 mod and open it with WinRAR and move the folder models to her and delete all the folders except the one you added and finally you close the pk3 and put it in the base folder of jedi academy.

DarthSavilex likes this