Which version should I release? (map t2_wedge) "Kril'dor"

NEW Kril'dor Skybox  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the new Kril'dor Skybox would you like to see released?

• Kril'dor (v.1)
    • Kril'dor (v.2)
    • Kril'dor (v.3)

I've been working on some more Skyboxes.. This time 'round, it's the mission in Single Player, where you find yourself teaming-up with Wedge Antilles to bomb and destroy an Imperial tibanna gas platform on the planet Kril'dor. According to the information found on Wookieepedia, Kril'dor is a giant, green, gas planet and is a known source of "tibanna".

(Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kril'Dor)

As you can see below, the base map is very "yellow", bland and doesn't match the colour of the planet's atmosphere. So, according to public opinion and your own personal preference, I'm including a poll in the thread, below to vote on which version of the Skybox you'd like to see released..

Base Kril'dor
Base_Kril_dor.jpg

Base_Kril_dor_2.jpg

Kril'dor (v.1)

Kril_Dor_v_1.jpg

Kril_Dor_v_1_2.jpg

Kril'dor (v.2)
Kril_Dor_v_2.jpg

Kril_Dor_v_2_2.jpg

Kril'dor (v.3)

Kril_Dor_v_3.jpg

Kril_Dor_v_3_2.jpg

The poll will close at midnight on Tuesday 8th March, in time for the mod to be released on Wednesday 9th March.

Happy voting!

Well I can't speak much for quality, as it looks like JPG compression ate up a lot of that. :P In terms of how the colors work, it's going to be either 1 or 3. I picked 3 because 1 has a very obvious seam which can be seen on the first screenshot. Maybe Kril'Dor does have a moon though? I don't know, I don't think that should matter.

btw, v2 looks like a good replacer for bespin if you should decide to replace all the textures for bespin. It always bothered me how Bespin was orange in the games, but very distinctly white in the films (@@Langerd's really cool Bespin map does a good job of what I mean)

Well I can't speak much for quality, as it looks like JPG compression ate up a lot of that. :P In terms of how the colors work, it's going to be either 1 or 3. I picked 3 because 1 has a very obvious seam which can be seen on the first screenshot. Maybe Kril'Dor does have a moon though? I don't know, I don't think that should matter.

btw, v2 looks like a good replacer for bespin if you should decide to replace all the textures for bespin. It always bothered me how Bespin was orange in the games, but very distinctly white in the films (@@Langerd's really cool Bespin map does a good job of what I mean)

The skybox is not made by me... i just changed it a little and i was not tinking about uploading the map so i didnt bothered about author permission

Since now... Damn...

About the map OvO I always liked it (one of the best sp missions for my opinion). And now it just look Rly cool!!! . Default one is ugly, Second one is from Bakura so it just little weird (even if it looks nice) ,But for the skyboxes i think that last one (green one) looks great. But only one thing is .. it just look low quality D: It is very pixelated. With fix, little darker look and more color pallete will make wonder ^^

But as we all know.. Jk3 sp maps where not very good :S

For me at least .. it is not my taste. I dont like the style of them , the look of vjun (but some places where ok) and other things) There is not enough amount of the movie atmosphere.

But we can at least use the textures to make something cool - still :P

Darth Sion likes this

The planet is supposed to be a gas giant like Jupiter, so the base skybox is perfect in my opinion, as far as concept goes. The coloring issue you pointed out isn't necessarily true, you can see the green sky in there.

I guess I'd go with the 3rd one.

eezstreet likes this

I decided to improve the 2nd and the 3rd versions by upgrading them to higher-res versions and included some new screenshots, below. The final release will also include 'levelshots' for the menu system, that showcases the new skybox.

Kril'dor (v.2)
2016_03_03_00001.jpg

2016_03_03_00002.jpg

2016_03_03_00003.jpg

Kril'dor (v.3)
2016_03_03_00004.jpg

2016_03_03_00006.jpg

2016_03_03_00007.jpg

Langerd likes this