Which boss battle from the Jedi Knight series was your favorite?

Latest Poll  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Which boss battle from the Jedi Knight series was your favorite?

• Yun
    • Gorc and Pic
    • Maw
    • Sariss
    • Boc
    • Jerec
    • Desann
    • Tavion (JK2)
    • Galak Fyarr
    • Alora (either instance)
    • Rosh Penin
    • Tavion (JK3, either lightside or darkside ending)
    • Possessed Tavion
    • Jaden vs Kyle
    • Other (be sure to reply in the comments!)

Which boss battle from the Jedi Knight series was your favorite?

Note that not all options have been included. The Dark Forces bosses weren't included (but feel free to list them as Other!) and some of the tier bosses of JKA (such as Rax Joris, Lannik Racto, the Mutant Rancor, etc) weren't included.

no jaden vs kyle?  :(

Added. That's a pretty important one. :P

Desann is my favorite, by far. The puzzles and trickery he pulled made him and the duel seem so much cooler. That's the only way to make this game give a duel any uniqueness, is to be creative with the map and experience. Otherwise you're just hack-slashing at his health until it reaches 0. That's no fun. :lol:

Most of the Jedi Knight Series bosses are average.Both Jerec and Desann are more challenging than their force sensitive minions.Both end bosses in Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast have some way to make themselves invulnerable to your attacks.In Academy Tavion needed more hit points while she wields Marka Ragnos's Scepter and when she uses the SIth Sword.Why is there a JKA Tavion that uses a normal single bladed lightsaber in the npc files.

real kids played JK2 using /god and got stuck vs the first duel with desann cause they couldnt kill him and the objective is to die there lmao

(then after 10 tries thinking the game is broken, they once forgot /god and died which gave them a huge revelation and the game continued)

Totally not one of those people.

Aldro Koon and BruceJohnJenner like this

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

real kids played JK2 using /god and got stuck vs the first duel with desann cause they couldnt kill him and the objective is to die there lmao

(then after 10 tries thinking the game is broken, they once forgot /god and died which gave them a huge revelation and the game continued)

Ahahah, good times! :P

Aldro Koon and Bek like this

I never liked Desann, though the duel itself allows to do some tricks against him. Yun is my favorite, because it was the first. The hall isn't large though, but on various levels of difficulty the fight itself differs as well. This all applies to the next duels in JK series too, but Yun was the first lightsaber duel I fought.

Not exactly. Part of the fight with Desann that made him so cool was the stage he was on. You could fire up a laser beam that makes yourself invincible, or you could kill him by knocking one of the four corner pillars on his head.

Bek likes this

Standard enemies with more HP is kinda how any boss is in any game. It's usually the creativity of the level itself that makes them memorable and cool. They did that with Desann. With Tavion/Ragnos, it was just a matter of making her slightly more powerful after you defeat her once. She had a scepter which was kinda cool but I prefer clever level design over glorified NPCs.

BruceJohnJenner and the_raven like this

Standard enemies with more HP is kinda how any boss is in any game. It's usually the creativity of the level itself that makes them memorable and cool. They did that with Desann. With Tavion/Ragnos, it was just a matter of making her slightly more powerful after you defeat her once. She had a scepter which was kinda cool but I prefer clever level design over glorified NPCs.

I always felt that Desann and Tavion were a little too easy. So...I usually go into their NPC files and change their health from the default that Raven Software set to 5000 (Desann) and Tavion (4000). That may be a bit much, but it adds to the tension. And the frustration, which is what was intended. When they finally go down, it adds a sense of relief and accomplishment.

Since I only played JO and JA, I can't vote on any DF2 villains.

In JO, I guess it was Desann, because the Tavion duel was kinda generic, don't even remember the Galak one tbh. Though honestly, it was neither.

In JA I liked the Rosh one, because it's fun whooping his arse, and because the Kothos twins were healing him and "pushing you around" if you tried getting to them, so yeah. The possessed Tavion one was just pathetic, because you'd think the infamous Marka Ragnos would be A LOT stronger... <_<

I'm actually a bigger fan of the Jerec fight at the end of DF2. The statues always gave me a panic attack because on hard mode they moved extremely fast. You had to be quick. I loved the backstory that leads up to that fight. Kyle is fighting his father's murderer and that makes it feel like a very intense battle. The fight is best with the CD music turned on though, without it the fight seems to be missing something. I also like how the events at the end of DF2 tie into the events in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction.

Also, trapping Jerec in between the statue and the wall was always fun too ;P