Maybe it's a TAG problem?

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

Hi guys, I was testing one custom model in JKA. Everything is normal and works good (both in ModView and inside JKA SP/MP game), except for this problem, that might be already discussed, but i need a quick respond on how to fix it (if possible):

So, as far as I know, every JKA Character have taggs on his hand, that cause the in game experience to handle the lightsaber with it's blade visible. My problem is that i see everything in my character, i can see the saber hilt, but whenever i want to turn it on – the blade is not visible. If i am not wrong, there was a very familiar problem to this one with Hell Kobra's first Galen Marek model, but i am having it on a custom non SW related model I kitbashed for personal use.

What i have tried already:

I thought, that if I remove all of it's Left & Right hand tagging I can replace them with the same ones from a different JKA character, so I tried that, but still does not work in game.

PLS Help:

Any ideas/suggestions or anything else, on how to fix this would be in a very welcomed. Thanks and sorry for the fire-post :D

First thing to check...how did you rig the hand tags and hand bones?

-Make sure that "lhang_tag_bone" is not named "lhand_tag_bone"

-Make sure that the "l_hang" and "r_hang" bones are not deforming any vertices but are added to the skin modifier list.

-The l_hand and r_hand tags have to be weighted to their corresponding l_hang and r_hang bones.

If you are using a JA model, #1 is probably not the issue and #2 would have stopped the compiler.

dark_apprentice and DT. like this

Ok I checked the model again in Blender. I constructed that custom model from a base JKA characters. The good news is, that "lhang_tag_bone" is correct. Nothing seems to be missing or named on the wrong way. Will look a little bit close on details now, since i do not find anything that could cause the missing saber blade in game play.

That error is in both MP & SP with all kind of sabers. Yes every time when i want to test a new character, first of all i start a new game on the first mission, also tried on former saved games, still the same. I thought as DT mentioned in one other thread, that it could be from the .skin file since it was with \ instead of / (models\players\) and not (models/players/), so i tried that too and it didn't changed. Would it work if I try to remove the hands and search for similar hands of other JKA character, which can be attached to the arms. Could that solve the problem?

@@Ramikad Thank you for this tutorial it did helped. I searched in the .skin file, if it's with the "r_hand", but instead, i have noticed that the right arm and hand, that i was using from one model on another model, was like:

left_hand (left hand indeed)

left_hand_0 (instead of: right_hand)

So i went back in Blender to fix that, than i exported the model's .glm and changed the .skin file as it had to be with the correct namings and now it works perfect in game, the saber blade does shows up. Love it.

Ramikad likes this